Mad Catz has gone bankrupt

http://kotaku.com/hardware-maker-mad-catz-dies-1793897671

The company will cease all operations, and all assets will be liquidated. Mad Catz had been in trouble for a while, especially after it invested a large amount in developing Rock Band 4 peripherals. While their products may not have always been of the highest quality, they did on occasion make something good, and now they're gone. Since, outside of fighting game controllers, third party controllers are a declining market, they might not be the last to topple.

Good, now salt the earth around their former headquarters so nothing grows again.

I have bought several of their controllers over the years and not one of them has worked properly for more than a month or so. Shitty wiring, often lacking in durability. Just cheap, crappy products.

I think I have a Madkat game cube controller. Picked it up for Lost Kingdom after I bought that in the discount bin.

Doesnt' work too bad, about on par with actual controllers. Feels weird though.

This is an end of an era for one reason or another. I don't think I know one of my friends that didn't have a Madkatt at one point in time or another. Now if this is a good thing or not I'm not sure.

I am sad.

Chapter 7. Not 11. 7.

I've been using some of their stuff since at least the N64 era. This sucks.

I ever hear this happens to Nyko I'm hosed.

jademunky:
Good, now salt the earth around their former headquarters so nothing grows again.

I have bought several of their controllers over the years and not one of them has worked properly for more than a month or so. Shitty wiring, often lacking in durability. Just cheap, crappy products.

Their old XBox controllers were pretty dope. The fact they could be held by normal human hands was a plus.

TallestGargoyle:

jademunky:

Their old XBox controllers were pretty dope. The fact they could be held by normal human hands was a plus.

Heh yeah, I almost forgot about the fact that Microsoft had been briefly conquered by a race of half-ogres at some point in the early 2000's.

Admittedly my antipathy comes from purchases made as a little kid during the snes and ps1 eras.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here