Theories about the new God of War

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBlngveUIAAeN_w.jpg:large (new billboard for E3)

My theory is that the Norse Gods are the ones that go after Kratos, they know that he was the one that took down the Olympians, and they don't like it that a "Godkiller" is in their realm, which is why you have that ghost/spectre like thing in the demo watching them

You have the troll, with similar marks to Kratos saying "You will not cross into Valhalla" (it could be a generic thing the troll says to anyone he fights, but it could be more specific to Kratos)

as for Atreus, I think the Norse Gods are interested in him, seeing as he will be part Greek and grandson of Zeus as well as probably having Norse ancestry (from his mother)

as for who we will be fighting, what landmarks we will see...I'm excited

the Midgard Serpent, Fenrir, Heimdall, The Bifrost, the Ancient Tree Yggdrasil, Valhalla etc.

what are your theories

My theory is that Kratos is going to found the Norse gods. He's got a really nasty scar over one eye, has a gnarly old man beard, and is the God of War. Odin was also known as the God of War in Norse mythology (yes, they had a few of them, but Odin was one of them). The little boy that is his son, has red hair and apparently has a thing for lightning, seeing as his bow shot a bolt of lightning at the Troll/Ogre thingy they fought.

I think that him couch-fucking the Greek pantheon upset the global balance, and has kicked off Ragnarok. He's going to go around, and imbue various heroes he encounters in the game with some of his godly powers (because he basically ate all of the greek gods powers), and thus form the Norse pantheon, to try and stop Ragnarok.

I've stated this theory previously, and I still stand by it.

Happyninja42:
My theory is that Kratos is going to found the Norse gods. He's got a really nasty scar over one eye, has a gnarly old man beard, and is the God of War. Odin was also known as the God of War in Norse mythology (yes, they had a few of them, but Odin was one of them). The little boy that is his son, has red hair and apparently has a thing for lightning, seeing as his bow shot a bolt of lightning at the Troll/Ogre thingy they fought.

I think that him couch-fucking the Greek pantheon upset the global balance, and has kicked off Ragnarok. He's going to go around, and imbue various heroes he encounters in the game with some of his godly powers (because he basically ate all of the greek gods powers), and thus form the Norse pantheon, to try and stop Ragnarok.

I've stated this theory previously, and I still stand by it.

Kratos being Odin (he would eventually lose his eye) would be both amazingly ridiculous but also amazingly amazing at the same time

Scapthat:

Kratos being Odin (he would eventually lose his eye) would be both amazingly ridiculous but also amazingly amazing at the same time

Well they've already passed ridiculous and gone into batshit crazytown long ago with the series, so I'm fine with ridiculous. :)

I just really don't think, given the way Kratos is behaving in that trailer, that he's going to be killing another pantheon of gods. I think (and this is purely speculation on my part), that the devs realized, with GoW 3's ending, that they made a completely unforgivable shitbag in the form of Kratos. And that it alienated a lot of the fans. Given how Kratos tells his son to think before he acts, I think he's going to be way more laid back (in comparison to the previous games), and not just go on a murder-boner rampage because they hurt his feelings. I HOPE, that they let him be more constructive instead of destructive with what he does. That he fights to create new sources of power in the world, not destroy them, pushing things further into chaos.

Again, it's GoW, so that could all be a pipe dream, and we end up with a game where he kills the entire Norse pantheon because they laugh at his beard. But I hope not.

Some theories:

1) The Norse gods go after the infamous Kratos, ending in a self-fulfilling prophecy.
2) Kratos himself ends up founding the Norse pantheon by the end of the game.
3) Kratos enters the service of the Norse gods, retreading the plot of the first game.

My main theory is that in about a week we're going to see some of the most insane set piece visuals of the generation. Other than that, yeah, anything could happen.

I still think Kratos should be the bad guy and your playing someone else to kill him. At this point he really deserves to have someone take him out.

I predict it's going to be a shadow of its former self. The over the shoulder view and walk and talk ruined everything.

Ezekiel:
I predict it's going to be a shadow of its former self. The over the shoulder view and walk and talk ruined everything.

What was there left to ruin though? Seriously, this franchise was on its last legs with Ascension; the formula had had run utterly thin. We've had 4 (not counting the handheld) games with pretty much the same isometric hack 'n slash action. 4 games that are still perfectly available to play right now.

I'm more interested in this then I would be if it was just another God of War.

Ezekiel:

On the one hand yeah, it could be TLoU: Santa Monica style. On the other, it could be quite a bit better if they implement their trademark game design but augment it to fit within an updated framework.

We haven't seen much gameplay yet and I think they're saving the big (good) stuff for good reason.

Ruined is a very past tense term for a game that hasn't been released yet

Are we positive this is going to be superior, graphically to many other games?

Casual Shinji:

Ezekiel:

What was there left to ruin though? Seriously, this franchise was on its last legs with Ascension; the formula had had run utterly thin. We've had 4 (not counting the handheld) games with pretty much the same isometric hack 'n slash action. 4 games that are still perfectly available to play right now.

I'm more interested in this then I would be if it was just another God of War.

I've only played the first two. But there was plenty they could have changed and improved without turning it into another movie game.

Developers implement over the shoulder views into all their games because they want the popularity of Resident Evil 4 and Gears but don't understand why it worked so well in those games. It's also the pretension that games are better as movies. With the camera pulled back, the player has a better view of the action and the environment and can more easily take care of enemies on multiple sides. I expect the combat to be slowed a lot and the adventure elements to be simplified just because the player can now barely see around them without turning. Also, because AAA games are getting stupider.

The walking and talking in the demo was boring. I don't care about Kratos or his son. It's going to be disruptive.

Ezekiel:
I've only played the first two. But there was plenty they could have changed and improved without turning it into another movie game.

They had improved on it. The "problem" though with GoW was that the appeal of the combat was all about bruising your way through enemies; always being in motion, never stopping, and just tearing through enemies. This was pretty much perfected in 3, and when Ascension came along the team felt forced to make some changes for the sake of it. This resulted in combat that wasn't bad, but that stopped the momentum the series used to excell at.

And again, there are four games (at least) with this combat. And now a new entry is doing something different after the franchise had long lost its luster.

Developers implement over the shoulder views into all their games because they want the popularity of Resident Evil 4 and Gears but don't understand why it worked so well in those games. It's also the pretension that games are better as movies. With the camera pulled back, the player has a better view of the action and the environment and can more easily take care of enemies on multiple sides. I expect the combat to be slowed a lot and the adventure elements to be simplified just because the player can now barely see around them without turning. Also, because AAA games are getting stupider.

I've heard complaints of the over-the-shoulder, close-up camera, but besides Resident Evil 6 and The Evil Within I can't think of any game where it was a detriment. The reason being that those types of games are optimized for an over-the-shoulder view (which RE6 and Evil Within weren't).

The walking and talking in the demo was boring. I don't care about Kratos or his son. It's going to be disruptive.

Well, what can I say... Mute the voice track?

^^Ezekiel, this may be the game that changes your mind on at least some of that.

Although at the same time, remaining cynical will keep thorough disappointment at bay.

It's pretty clear after Ascension that the typical GOW Hack 'n Slash formula was running dry. thus with Cory Barlog coming back, Sony Santa Monica had 2 options

1. Create a new protagonist with the same previous hack and slash mechanics

2. Or continue Kratos' story, while fundamentally changing the game play

they went with the later option, and I among many others are glad they did

^Agreed. I am currently doing trophy runs of the first two games and realize how tired I've grown of the typical h&s formula. GoW as a series probably did it best imo, but it just becomes too tedious when there is really nothing else to do besides follow the script. You can only launch a horde and combo them so many times before it all starts to feel inconsequential.

I liked when I heard they would be opening up the levels with hidden stuff (relics, weapons, etc.) but still keeping it shy of open world to keep the plot moving. I get the impression this will at least feel like a much grander style of adventure instead of being like a pitbull on a linear leash.

I somehow get the feeling that SSM and Naughty Dog will be playing leapfrog trying to outdo each other between this and TLoU entries, as I'm sure there will be at least a couple more of each.

GoW was never the best example of the hack n' slash genre. Far too simplistic and prone to QTEs for that.

I will still mourn its loss at the feet of the "cinematic experience" altar.

The over-the-shoulder camera is not befitting of fast-paced melee combat so expect it to be slowed way down and the enemy count to drop significantly. My sad theory is that the combat is above all a victim of the graphics. Instead of lowering graphical fidelity to support the gameplay, the severely limited field of view on the super zoomed in camera allows them to crank the graphics and almost keep the gameplay at a whopping 30fps for the duration, even if they have to sacrifice the gameplay in order to accomplish it.

P.S.: Forced walking sections are shit. They are just unskippable cutscenes where you have to keep holding a button to keep them from pausing.

I never even considered God of War a hack and slash. I mean, I guess technically it is, but I would never compare it to Devil May Cry or Bayonetta. It doesn't have scored levels because getting high scores isn't the purpose. It's an action-adventure, combining beat 'em up action, puzzles, platforming and (linear) exploration in epic environments. The zoomed OTS camera is still shitty for this kind of game.

Kratos isn't gonna become a better character with this game. I would have changed the setting to Norse or maybe Egyptian mythology but have it star a new protagonist with his or her own weapons and controls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_deities

Ezekiel:
It's an action-adventure, combining beat 'em up action, puzzles, platforming and (linear) exploration in epic environments. The zoomed OTS camera is still shitty for this kind of game.

Except when you optimize the action to suit the over-the-shoulder view, like Resident Evil 4, which is just as epic and balls-to-the-wall crazy as GoW. And that was a game with tankcontrols where you couldn't even move while aiming and that didn't have full 360 camera control.

Kratos isn't gonna become a better character with this game.

Seeing as we don't even really know what the story is going to be about, that's impossible to predict at this point. Unless your set to not like it regardless.

I would have changed the setting to Norse or maybe Egyptian mythology but have it star a new protagonist with his or her own weapons and controls.

There wouldn't be much of a point in calling it God of War in that case. Both Kratos and the chainblade action gameplay embody the series almost completely.

You could argue whether they should've made a new GoW at all, but if they did it would've had to feature Kratos as the protagonist. If it didn't you might as well make it an entirely new IP.

Casual Shinji:

Ezekiel:
It's an action-adventure, combining beat 'em up action, puzzles, platforming and (linear) exploration in epic environments. The zoomed OTS camera is still shitty for this kind of game.

Except when you optimize the action to suit the over-the-shoulder view, like Resident Evil 4, which is just as epic and balls-to-the-wall crazy as GoW. And that was a game with tankcontrols where you couldn't even move while aiming and that didn't have full 360 camera control.

Except RE4 is a shooter and not a hack n' slash.

Shooters are focused on where your perspective is, where you are looking at, that's why over-the-shoulder and first-person camera systems work well with them. Hack n' slash games are about where you are in relation to your enemies, that's why the camera is pulled back to give you the situational awareness to avoid attacks and land your own. That's why you don't find many melee focused games, or platformers really, with OTS and first person cameras.

Casual Shinji:
There wouldn't be much of a point in calling it God of War in that case. Both Kratos and the chainblade action gameplay embody the series almost completely.

And they removed the chainblades and changed Kratos' character pretty much only keeping his name. There is no point to calling it God of War.

Casual Shinji:

Ezekiel:

No. RE4 is slower. It's not a spectacle action game, it's a horror game with tense action. It's also about aiming, not fighting. They've locked the camera to the enemy like in Dark Souls. You can tell by the way it turns upward when the boss raises his foot.

https://youtu.be/CJ_GCPaKywg?t=4m36s

It's gonna be bad for multiple enemies. Of course they'll optimize it. They have no choice. Expect it to be a slower game, with some of the camera problems that Dark Souls had.

When I was playing God of War and God of War II, I didn't think to myself, "Gosh, this is lonely. I wish I had a companion." I liked going out there on my own and brutalizing every creature in sight. Why would I want that kid helping me through my whole adventure? They have a button just for him. The level design will have to be limited to allow him to maneuver. It's pretty obvious they're doing it because of The Last of Us, rather than in the best interest of the series. They have no respect for the series. It's all about what's selling right now.

Kratos isn't gonna become a better character with this game.

Seeing as we don't even really know what the story is going to be about, that's impossible to predict at this point. Unless your set to not like it regardless.

I would have changed the setting to Norse or maybe Egyptian mythology but have it star a new protagonist with his or her own weapons and controls.

You could argue whether they should've made a new GoW at all, but if they did it would've had to feature Kratos as the protagonist. If it didn't you might as well make it an entirely new IP.

It would still have all the elements of God of War. The spectacle, the mythology, the bosses, the adventure, the platforming, the puzzles, the fast-paced beat 'em up action, the epic score, the over the top brutality. Just with a different deity of war. That's far more God of War than this zoomed in walk and talk movie game.

DaCosta:
The over-the-shoulder camera is not befitting of fast-paced melee combat so expect it to be slowed way down and the enemy count to drop significantly. My sad theory is that the combat is above all a victim of the graphics. Instead of lowering graphical fidelity to support the gameplay, the severely limited field of view on the super zoomed in camera allows them to crank the graphics and almost keep the gameplay at a whopping 30fps for the duration, even if they have to sacrifice the gameplay in order to accomplish it.

I wonder how many more generations we have to wait until consoles are powerful enough that this stops happening. I used to have such hopes for gameplay, believing the worlds to become more interactive as the hardware improved, but every generation, the graphics take up all the priority. It's sad. AAA shooters, for example, should have far more destruction at this point, both minute and big.

Ezekiel:
I never even considered God of War a hack and slash. I mean, I guess technically it is, but I would never compare it to Devil May Cry or Bayonetta. It doesn't have scored levels because getting high scores isn't the purpose. It's an action-adventure, combining beat 'em up action, puzzles, platforming and (linear) exploration in epic environments. The zoomed OTS camera is still shitty for this kind of game.

Kratos isn't gonna become a better character with this game. I would have changed the setting to Norse or maybe Egyptian mythology but have it star a new protagonist with his or her own weapons and controls.

It wouldn't have sold though. They would've had to call it something else completely and risk alienating the fanbase even further than they might already have. Sony would risk taking a loss on it because the majority of people would've cried out "Where's Kratos?! I don't want to play as some no-name!" Or even if they cast Thor they would've cried Marvel cash-in. There's no definitive "win" in these situations.

I'm reserving judgment until I play it. Regardless of what people think of the new formula, the old wouldn't have cut it anymore. Ascension solidified that point. I still enjoyed it, but it was certainly getting to be like how you feel about the Souls series; perhaps worse.

Ezekiel:

DaCosta:

I wonder how many more generations we have to wait until consoles are powerful enough that this stops happening. I used to have such hopes for gameplay, believing the worlds to become more interactive as the hardware improved, but every generation, the graphics take up all the priority. It's sad. AAA shooters, for example, should have far more destruction at this point, both minute and big.

Another point, God of War 3 was one of the best looking games of last generation, with 2048^ texture resolutions on main models. Kratos alone was 64MB which remained in RAM while on those titans. This was done with the PS3's gimped GPU and bottlenecked architecture, due to the last minute decision to scrap the 2x Cell/No GPU design.

The PS4 could easily handle a traditional God of War design and wipe the floor with most current gen game visuals. It isn't a question of SMS's talent, but the direction they chose for the game.

https://venturebeat.com/2016/06/20/god-of-war-director-cory-balrog-says-that-sonys-violent-series-is-growing-up-with-the-industry/

hanselthecaretaker:

Ezekiel:

It wouldn't have sold though. They would've had to call it something else completely and risk alienating the fanbase even further than they might already have. Sony would risk taking a loss on it because the majority of people would've cried out "Where's Kratos?! I don't want to play as some no-name!" Or even if they cast Thor they would've cried Marvel cash-in. There's no definitive "win" in these situations.

I'm reserving judgment until I play it. Regardless of what people think of the new formula, the old wouldn't have cut it anymore. Ascension solidified that point. I still enjoyed it, but it was certainly getting to be like how you feel about the Souls series; perhaps worse.

You don't know that. Alien continued to be a successful franchise after Weaver was replaced. Mad Max continued to succeed after Mel was replaced. The Force Awakens and Rogue One made huge bucks with new actors. Metal Gear Solid 2 was a big success without Snake as the main character. Nobody is complaining about the new Darksiders having a new protagonist.

I never played God of War III and Ascension. They could have kept it fresh while staying true to the series. One of the things I would have changed is assign dodge to a button instead of the stick, so that you can control the camera. Since my God of War would have featured a new protagonist, there also would have been different weapons and movesets.

I just wish they'd gone with a new character.

Kratos has been shit since the beginning of the second game when they abandoned what little subtlety the original had and turned him into a goofy self-parody murder-o-matic.

Watching him be a lousy father with bad facial hair isn't going to improve anything. Hopefully the brat dies early.

I am interested to see where they take the gameplay though. The further way it gets from impactless anime-ish DMC-style enemy juggling the better.

Ezekiel:
When I was playing God of War and God of War II, I didn't think to myself, "Gosh, this is lonely. I wish I had a companion." I liked going out there on my own and brutalizing every creature in sight. Why would I want that kid helping me through my whole adventure? They have a button just for him. The level design will have to be limited to allow him to maneuver. It's pretty obvious they're doing it because of The Last of Us, rather than in the best interest of the series. They have no respect for the series. It's all about what's selling right now.

I don't doubt it is, it's pretty obvious where they got the inspiration from. And you know what, I'm totally fine with that. Not only because I like the slow walk-n-talk, 'look around you and drink in the environment' type gameplay of The Last of Us, but because at this point I'm more interested in anything new gameplay wise than just sticking to the established formula.

And the first God of War was already a giant rip-off of Devil May Cry, capitalizing on a popular type of gameplay.

You can claim they have no respect for the series, but there was little to respect when the third game rolled around the corner, apart from the fact that they managed to cram all that craziness on the PS3. It had become the most base, juvenile garbage that at points just became uncomfortable to sit through. With Ascension they realized how ugly things had gotten with Kratos and reigned him in to give him some humanity, making him the most likeable he's ever been. But by then the signature action gameplay had become completely stale. And this new game seems to want to continue this path of 'What if Kratos wasn't a giant shitlord, and actually tried to learn from his mistakes?'

The only point of concern is whether Santa Monica Studio can actually pull off a more narrative heavy game.

Ezekiel:

hanselthecaretaker:

Ezekiel:

You don't know that. Alien continued to be a successful franchise after Weaver was replaced. Mad Max continued to succeed after Mel was replaced. The Force Awakens and Rogue One made huge bucks with new actors. Metal Gear Solid 2 was a big success without Snake as the main character. Nobody is complaining about the new Darksiders having a new protagonist.

I never played God of War III and Ascension. They could have kept it fresh while staying true to the series. One of the things I would have changed is assign dodge to a button instead of the stick, so that you can control the camera. Since my God of War would have featured a new protagonist, there also would have been different weapons and movesets.

True, I don't know but it wouldn't be at all surprising. Those are also all movies, other than MGS2 which pulled a bait and switch tactic. It's more a testament to how good it was in general that the only significant complaint was Raiden. Plus it was only the second entry in a different era. If that happened now people would lose their minds and complain to no end across the interwebs. Kinda like how they are now with God of War changing its formula and thinking it will be crap based on 15 minutes of deliberate story-driven gameplay.

We'll also have new weapons, be able to control the camera now and have a dodge button! The camera work of old God of War games was an art form in itself.

hanselthecaretaker:

Ezekiel:

DaCosta:

Another point, God of War 3 was one of the best looking games of last generation, with 2048^ texture resolutions on main models. Kratos alone was 64MB which remained in RAM while on those titans. This was done with the PS3's gimped GPU and bottlenecked architecture, due to the last minute decision to scrap the 2x Cell/No GPU design.

The PS4 could easily handle a traditional God of War design and wipe the floor with most current gen game visuals. It isn't a question of SMS's talent, but the direction they chose for the game.

https://venturebeat.com/2016/06/20/god-of-war-director-cory-balrog-says-that-sonys-violent-series-is-growing-up-with-the-industry/

I'm certain that even if they did make a traditional God of War, its performance would be hampered by the AAA graphics. Because that's how the expensive action-adventure games are now. God of War III even had to half its framerate at various points.

hanselthecaretaker:

Ezekiel:

hanselthecaretaker:

True, I don't know but it wouldn't be at all surprising. Those are also all movies, other than MGS2 which pulled a bait and switch tactic. It's more a testament to how good it was in general that the only significant complaint was Raiden. Plus it was only the second entry in a different era. If that happened now people would lose their minds and complain to no end across the interwebs.

I have a hard time even finding people on the internet who like Kratos still. Post 27 is typical. I tried to think of (well made) movie or game sequels which switched the main characters and failed to make a profit for it. I couldn't come up with any.

Kinda like how they are now with God of War changing its formula and thinking it will be crap based on 15 minutes of deliberate story-driven gameplay.

Most people aren't even complaining about the new God of War. The votes on YouTube are almost unanimously positive, sadly.

We'll also have new weapons, be able to control the camera now and have a dodge button! The camera work of old God of War games was an art form in itself.

Yeah, this game will have new weapons and a controllable camera. With a camera that's garbage for melee combat and platforming, and an AI partner who will keep the level design limited.

If no one likes Kratos anymore then how is there almost unanimous positive response to the new game? I seem to remember hearing a wave of cheers from the audience the moment he showed up on screen. A lot of people also said they never cared about God of War or Kratos before this latest reveal. They're taking an established character with a very flawed past and going into a completely new direction with him. There's bound to be some cynical response whether they used him, Thor, Odin, or some random, but trying to redeem a bad history is still more intriguing than starting with no history.

There is also no efficient user-controlled camera for melee combat, hence why in the old games they automated it. The aim of this one is to make him front and center of everything to minimize the need to fumble with a camera at all. During exploration it'll be worthwhile to use, but during combat less is more.

hanselthecaretaker:
If no one likes Kratos anymore then how is there almost unanimous positive response to the new game? I seem to remember hearing a wave of cheers from the audience the moment he showed up on screen. A lot of people also said they never cared about God of War or Kratos before this latest reveal. They're taking an established character with a very flawed past and going into a completely new direction with him. There's bound to be some cynical response whether they used him, Thor, Odin, or some random, but trying to redeem a bad history is still more intriguing than starting with no history.

First of all, I strongly disagree on "almost unanimous positive response". Second, it's an E3 crowd, lapping up the bullshit publishers feed them is what they are there for. Third, he doesn't have a "very flawed past", he pretty much destroyed the whole world at the end of 3 while searching for revenge, if you will treat that as a generic dark past backstory you might as well change the character's name because you're already writing a new character anyway.

hanselthecaretaker:

There is also no efficient user-controlled camera for melee combat, hence why in the old games they automated it. The aim of this one is to make him front and center of everything to minimize the need to fumble with a camera at all. During exploration it'll be worthwhile to use, but during combat less is more.

How is a super zoomed in camera going to "minimize the need to fumble with" it? If anything the super small FOV will require players to constantly adjust it.

DaCosta:

hanselthecaretaker:

First of all, I strongly disagree on "almost unanimous positive response". Second, it's an E3 crowd, lapping up the bullshit publishers feed them is what they are there for. Third, he doesn't have a "very flawed past", he pretty much destroyed the whole world at the end of 3 while searching for revenge, if you will treat that as a generic dark past backstory you might as well change the character's name because you're already writing a new character anyway.

hanselthecaretaker:

How is a super zoomed in camera going to "minimize the need to fumble with" it? If anything the super small FOV will require players to constantly adjust it.

Also, it makes no sense to move to a different mythology but keep Kratos. It's like a bad joke. He's killed the gods and made Greece his bitch, so he goes north and finds another world to ruin. Mythologies and religions don't coexist. They have opposing explanations for the nature of the universe. They HAD TO replace him.

Kratos becoming Odin would definitely be interesting, but I'd honestly prefer to fight him. The Norse Pantheon may just be trying to take Kratos out before he can ruin everything again, after they filled the hole the Greek Pantheon left. You know, after Kratos killed them. It could also be that Kratos seeks something in Valhalla, but the Norse pantheon refuse to let him in, maybe because it'll be another Pandora's Box incident. The kid may be his key to get in.

Zhukov:
Hopefully the brat dies early.

I, for one, hope the brat lives. I'm starting to get sick of companion characters dying.

Ezekiel:
Also, it makes no sense to move to a different mythology but keep Kratos. It's like a bad joke. He's killed the gods and made Greece his bitch, so he goes north and finds another world to ruin. Mythologies and religions don't coexist. They have opposing explanations for the nature of the universe. They HAD TO replace him.

Wouldn't exactly be the first time multiple pantheons have been tossed together with no real rhyme or reason. The series already did change a few things about the Greek Pantheon, but don't remember how they handled the creation myth. Regardless, since it's an adaption I'm sure they'll just slightly edit the Norse creation myth or replace it all together, to fit in with the series' continuity.

Captain Marvelous:

Ezekiel:

Wouldn't exactly be the first time multiple pantheons have been tossed together with no real rhyme or reason. The series already did change a few things about the Greek Pantheon, but don't remember how they handled the creation myth. Regardless, since it's an adaption I'm sure they'll just slightly edit the Norse creation myth or replace it all together, to fit in with the series' continuity.

I'm aware they took their liberties with the Greek mythology. Nothing wrong with that. As with the movie Hercules, whatever works for the story. Mixing mythologies to such an extent is stupid, though.

Not to mention spineless. Starting over with a different mythology and protagonist would have been the smart and gutsy thing to do.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here