Total War Warhammer 2: Gameplay teaser and other news.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Also the game has a confirmed release date, September 28 this year.

And the game is already avaliable for Pre Order.

And there is a Pre Order incentive that apperently you will get a New Faction/Race Pack for the FIRST game.

Along with other news of the Old Friend Free DLC and such.

Samtemdo8:

And there is a Pre Order incentive that apperently you will get a New Faction/Race Pack for the FIRST game.

Nice to have a release date. It would be nice to know what the Old Friend DLC is. They've left it too long now, whatever it is will be dissappointing.

Here Comes Tomorrow:

Samtemdo8:

Nice to have a release date. It would be nice to know what the Old Friend DLC is. They've left it too long now, whatever it is will be dissappointing.

I was more shocked at the release date because I was expecting November/December at the earliest, and March at the latest.

They better show off the Dark Elves and Skaven sooner then.

im really looking forward to to linking the games personally and having a huge campaign

Sync kills. Nifty.

I hope they back-patch them for units in the first game too.

pookie101:
im really looking forward to to linking the games personally and having a huge campaign

I dunno. It sounds good in theory, but then I thought about it for five seconds.

In my experience campaigns would peak about 30% of the way through and from then on it was mostly just a long slog of auto-resolved sieges to the finish line. Extending that slog to another entire continent doesn't strike me as an improvement.

Zhukov:
Sync kills. Nifty.

pookie101:

I dunno. It sounds good in theory, but then I thought about it for five seconds.

In my experience campaigns would peak about 30% of the way through and from then on it was mostly just a long slog of auto-resolved sieges to the finish line. Extending that slog to another entire continent doesn't strike me as an improvement.

guess im missing the multi continent conquests of empire :)

pookie101:

Zhukov:
Sync kills. Nifty.

pookie101:

You forgot having to sit and wait for 3 minutes while the AI has its turns. It'll be even worse after the thirds game campaugn is added and you're waiting 5 minutes.

Here Comes Tomorrow:

pookie101:

Zhukov:
Sync kills. Nifty.

You forgot having to sit and wait for 3 minutes while the AI has its turns. It'll be even worse after the thirds game campaugn is added and you're waiting 5 minutes.

i played pride of nations...the grand campaign was 1780 turns with 5-10 minutes waiting for the AI.. i dont think anyone has ever completed the grand campaign of that

Here Comes Tomorrow:
It would be nice to know what the Old Friend DLC is. They've left it too long now, whatever it is will be dissappointing.

My bet is that it's just Krell, Heinrich Kemmler's BFF that was conspicuously absent from the game.

Samtemdo8:

And there is a Pre Order incentive that apperently you will get a New Faction/Race Pack for the FIRST game

Of course there fuckng is....why stop with Chaos?

And just announce Skaven already FFS.

erttheking:

Samtemdo8:

And there is a Pre Order incentive that apperently you will get a New Faction/Race Pack for the FIRST game

So far people think its either:

Dogs of War Mercanaries.

Norsca (there is a differnce between Warriors of Chaos and the Chaos Vikings in Norsca)

Or Skaven playable in the Old World in Skavenblight.

But seriously none of these things were like ChaosWarriors where they removed from the first game to sell it as DLC.

Again this is new content for the FIRST game. And in my case I already Pre-Ordered the game because I have been saving money for it.

Samtemdo8:

erttheking:

Samtemdo8:

Dogs of War Mercanaries.

Norsca (there is a differnce between Warriors of Chaos and the Chaos Vikings in Norsca)

But seriously none of these things were like ChaosWarriors where they removed from the first game to sell it as DLC.

Again this is new content for the FIRST game. And in my case I already Pre-Ordered the game because I have been saving money for it.

How would Dogs Of War work? Just roam the world using the Diplomacy menu to ally with people then play as reinforce them during battles? Limit their stacks to 10 units so every battle they participate in isn't a total walkover?

Samtemdo8:

Dogs of War Mercanaries.

Yeah, new content that you have to pledge sixty fucking dollars in order to get. Fuck that noise, doubly so after the first game tried to charge its asking price all over again in the fucking splurge of DLC that it had. And you may need to do this to play as Skaven in the old world? I repeat. Fuck that noise.

erttheking:

Samtemdo8:

Dogs of War Mercanaries.

Yeah, new content that you have to pledge sixty fucking dollars in order to get. Fuck that noise, doubly so after the first game tried to charge its asking price all over again in the fucking splurge of DLC that it had. And you may need to do this to play as Skaven in the old world? I repeat. Fuck that noise.

Oh don't be such a stingy Mr Krabs, if you really wannt it than get it, what do you have to lose?

Samtemdo8:

erttheking:

Samtemdo8:

Dogs of War Mercanaries.

Oh don't be such a stingy Mr Krabs, if you really wannt it than get it, what do you have to lose?

Nice counter-argument. Instead of finding a way to tell me how pre-order bonuses aren't a fucking poisonous practice, nor how the first game didn't blow its load all over the wall, just insult me. What do I have to lose? More money than its actually worth, that's what I have to fucking lose. The first Total War Warhammer is a good game. It is not worth 120 motherfucking bucks. If I didn't get it via Humble Bundle monthly, I'd feel highly ripped off, and I still don't have Chaos, Beastmen or Wood Elves, something that makes the game feel incomplete every single fucking time I open it.

erttheking:

Samtemdo8:

erttheking:

Nice counter-argument. Instead of finding a way to tell me how pre-order bonuses aren't a fucking poisonous practice, nor how the first game didn't blow its load all over the wall, just insult me. What do I have to lose? More money than its actually worth, that's what I have to fucking lose. The first Total War Warhammer is a good game. It is not worth 120 motherfucking bucks. If I didn't get it via Humble Bundle monthly, I'd feel highly ripped off, and I still don't have Chaos, Beastmen or Wood Elves, something that makes the game feel incomplete every single fucking time I open it.

The DLCs were not release until after the game launched, you have no one else to blame but yourself for not buying it at launch beofre all the DLC accumalated. And the DLC was expected. I bought each as they released because I had new money to spend and there wasn't any other game that interested me at the time.

And you also have to consider that the DLC factions were litirally built from scratch, that means brand new voice file, new original models, skeletons, animations, and textures, and all of that in this day and age of gaming is expensive.

And again if you really want the DLC to make the game feel complete than buy it. Either wait for a sale or buy them individually each time you get paid. However it is you make your money.

And lastly your prefernce. Do you like the Beastmen, Wood Elves, and Chaos Warriors enough to play them?

Samtemdo8:
Snip

So I should've bought it right away while the price was still high? And that would've done what to stop the game from feeling incomplete when the floodgates opened? All that could do for me is give me a month or two of blissful ignorance. Except Chaos would've still been there and I would be down forty-eight bucks. Hey? Sametemdo? My money situation is not your money situation. And even if it was, the problem is not that I can't afford it, it's that the concept of DLC this much and this expensive in a full price game pisses me the fuck off and makes it feel like the developer is trying to fuck me.

Struggling to care. I don't care if the Wood Elves were built from scratch, they were not worth nearly a third of the game's base price. And, somehow, they were able to find the Infinity Gauntlet and release Bretonia for free, so I get the feeling these people can release content for free. When they're not charging for fucking gore.

Oh yes, let me just piss away forty bucks just like that. Actually I think I won't do that. Because I, as a concept, am not paying that much money for a single game and I'd appreciate it if you would stop acting like I should just shut up and buy everything. It's how Creative Assembly makes their money, and they already got money from me, so I'd appreciate it if they stopped trying to constantly suck it out of my wallet. Stellaris manages to release content packs in reasonably priced amounts AND have massive free updates. I'd like to know what it is they do that Total fucking War can't.

erttheking:

Samtemdo8:

erttheking:

But it's not $120, foryou it was $12 + optional investments of $10/$20 which you have chosen not to make.

If they released all the DLC at release and you bought it all at once then you might have a point (aside from the Chaos one which WAS bullshit). The main faction DLCs came out like a month or two after the main game with a month or two between them. When you buy your groceries you don't add your last months groceries onto the total cost. It's not hard to save up $20 in two months for most people.

Edit: You're probably typing a super angry reply right now so you likely won't see this, but your one-man crusade against CA's DLC won't make any difference because I'm going to unapologetically pre-order this and buy all the DLC because I love WHFB and The Old World. I got it in the Humble Bundle sale as well because I'd never played a Total War game before so I wasn't sure if I'd like it and didn't want to drop 50 euros on it (because I don't have a lot of money). But thankfully I loved it and I love all the DLC even though I'm not a big fan of any of the races (I played Skaven, Ogres, Bretonnia and Daemons).

So yeah, I'll buy their game and their DLC at launch. You can sit in your armchair and quietly seethe at me for having no empty slots on my Faction choice menu but I'll be happy getting my fix of The Old World and having fun.

Here Comes Tomorrow:
Snip

The game is asking for 120 bucks. Don't try and weasel out of it. You say optional like the developers aren't try and pressure customers into spending even more money on a game that they already fucking bought.

Video games are not groceries. They are not perishables. When you buy a bag of apples from work, the grocery store does not release an attachment for those apples that it that make the bag of apples feel incomplete. Also, once again, Stellaris has massive free content updates that put Warhammer to fucking shame. Creative Assembly's display here is nothing short of fucking pathetic.

You and Samtemdo may just ok with ignoring or downplaying how Warhammer has been DLCed to death, but I'm not, so kindly stop jumping on me for not being happy with Creative Assembly trying to milk a game I really like to death.

erttheking:

Here Comes Tomorrow:
Snip

The game is asking for 120 bucks. Don't try and weasel out of it. You say optional like the developers aren't try and pressure customers into spending even more money on a game that they already fucking bought.

Video games are not groceries. They are not perishables. When you buy a bag of apples from work, the grocery store does not release an attachment for those apples that it that make the bag of apples feel incomplete. Also, once again, Stellaris has massive free content updates that put Warhammer to fucking shame. Creative Assembly's display here is nothing short of fucking pathetic.

You and Samtemdo may just ok with ignoring or downplaying how Warhammer has been DLCed to death, but I'm not, so kindly stop jumping on me for not being happy with Creative Assembly trying to milk a game I really like to death.

You call it milking to death I call it post launch support. More content, more factions, more units, updates and bug fixes.

Seriously you are complaining about new content for a game. The only thing I can't argue with you is pricing of the content because at this point its subjective. IMO I don't think its that expensive compared to the tabletop game or other Games with worse DLC whoring (Free to Play/Pay to Win games)

Samtemdo8:

erttheking:

Here Comes Tomorrow:
Snip

You call it milking to death I call it post launch support. More content, more factions, more units, updates and bug fixes.

Seriously you are complaining about new content for a game. The only thing I can't argue with you is pricing of the content because at this point its subjective. IMO I don't think its that expensive compared to the tabletop game or other Games with worse DLC whoring (Free to Play/Pay to Win games)

This isn't post launch support, it's milking a game for more cash. Please tell me how it's "support" to charge for units that many players were complaining weren't in the base game. If you want support, I suggest you look at the Witcher 3 or Stellaris. Games that have massive free updates and then, when they had their expansions, had massive sprawling expansions that added to the game instead of feeling like they should've been there from the fucking start. Oh, and they didn't go rapid fire with stupidly overpriced tags either. More here.

Why are you comparing it to a tabletop game? It isn't a tabletop game. That's like saying that games are too expensive because a movie ticket is cheaper. And if all you can really say is that it's better than F2P games, then you're setting the bar really fucking low.

erttheking:

Here Comes Tomorrow:
Snip

I just don't think your outrage is justified. You bought it on sale at a massive discount, well after the DLC was released knowing how much and what it was and you've chosen not to buy it but you're angry about it.

If you'd bought the game at release before we knew the content or pricing of the DLC I'd understand but you knew full well what you were buying into and you seem excessively angry about it. It's almost like you bought the game just so you COULD be angry about it. You're making it seem like the people who cry "entitled gamers" have a point.

erttheking:

Samtemdo8:

erttheking:

This isn't post launch support, it's milking a game for more cash. Please tell me how it's "support" to charge for units that many players were complaining weren't in the base game. If you want support, I suggest you look at the Witcher 3 or Stellaris. Games that have massive free updates and then, when they had their expansions, had massive sprawling expansions that added to the game instead of feeling like they should've been there from the fucking start. Oh, and they didn't go rapid fire with stupidly overpriced tags either. More here.

Why are you comparing it to a tabletop game? It isn't a tabletop game. That's like saying that games are too expensive because a movie ticket is cheaper. And if all you can really say is that it's better than F2P games, then you're setting the bar really fucking low.

Firstly fuck Jim Sterling.

Secondly all you have is the Witcher 3 as an Example. You also have to consider that CD Projeckt RED has other money making reveanue with the GOG store which they own.

What makes you think the Beastmen and Wood Elves should have been there at the start? Considering again that all the factions are radically unique with unique models and voice files which in todays Gaming is very expensive to make, and the Wood Elves and Beastmen came with their own whole Mini Campaigns and new gameplay mechanics.

If anything the Wood Elves and Beastmen DLC were mini expansions.

Samtemdo8:

erttheking:

Samtemdo8:

Secondly all you have is the Witcher 3 as an Example. You also have to consider that CD Projeckt RED has other money making reveanue with the GOG store which they own.

What makes you think the Beastmen and Wood Elves should have been there at the start? Considering again that all the factions are radically unique with unique models and voice files which in todays Gaming is very expensive to make, and the Wood Elves and Beastmen came with their own whole Mini Campaigns and new gameplay mechanics.

When that proves him wrong I'll let you know. (Spoiler warning: don't hold your breath)

And Stellaris, which you ignored. The sheer free content they put in utterly shames Creative Assembly. And CA has Sega let's not pretend they're poor starving artists, Sega said is just fucking greedy.

Yet, like I said before, they were able to release Bretonia. I guess they found the fuckng Infinity Gauntlet. And because they're core to the Old World, that's why.
Yeah, check the Steam reviews to see how many people think those expansions are worth the price.

Here Comes Tomorrow:

erttheking:

Here Comes Tomorrow:
Snip

I just don't think your outrage is justified. You bought it on sale at a massive discount, well after the DLC was released knowing how much and what it was and you've chosen not to buy it but you're angry about it.

If you'd bought the game at release before we knew the content or pricing of the DLC I'd understand but you knew full well what you were buying into and you seem excessively angry about it. It's almost like you bought the game just so you COULD be angry about it. You're making it seem like the people who cry "entitled gamers" have a point.

And I think you're defending bullshit business practices. Yeah, I can think business practices are stupid even if I managed to avoid being fucked by them.

Oh please. If you think I only complain about things I'm personally victimized by, then I'm insulted. I'm insulted that you think I'm that selfish. And even with the discount I got, the DLC is still royally overpriced. Elves and Beastmen for nearly twenty? BS

erttheking:

Samtemdo8:

erttheking:

When that proves him wrong I'll let you know. (Spoiler warning: don't hold your breath)

And Stellaris, which you ignored. The sheer free content they put in utterly shames Creative Assembly. And CA has Sega let's not pretend they're poor starving artists, Sega said is just fucking greedy.

Yet, like I said before, they were able to release Bretonia. I guess they found the fuckng Infinity Gauntlet. And because they're core to the Old World, that's why.
Yeah, check the Steam reviews to see how many people think those expansions are worth the price.

Bretonnia was always gonna be Free DLC, they showed a list of planned Free DLC:

And you mentioned Stellaris, according to your standards that game is also expensive because it too has DLC with it combined with the base game would result in having 100+ dollars in total if I buy them all.

And I disagree with the negative Steam reviews of the DLC aswell, and also the Wood Elves DLC had a much more better reception than the Beastmen. Same with the King and the Warlord Lord/Unit pack for Dwarfs and Greenskins.

Samtemdo8:

erttheking:

Samtemdo8:

Bretonnia was always gonna be Free DLC, they showed a list of planned Free DLC:

And you mentioned Stellaris, according to your standards that game is also expensive because it too has DLC with it combined with the base game would result in having 100+ dollars in total if I buy them all.

And I disagree with the negative Steam reviews of the DLC aswell, and also the Wood Elves DLC had a much more better reception than the Beastmen. Same with the King and the Warlord Lord/Unit pack for Dwarfs and Greenskins.

And would you look at that, they can make free or lower priced DLC without going bankrupt. Maybe next time they can include fucking gore without charging three bucks,

It's seventy dollars. Eighty if you count the DLC that's purely cosmetic. The galaxy edition upgrade costs thirty bucks, but here's the thing. It's for items unrelated to the game. The soundtrack, a wallpaper, a novel. There's one cosmetic thing in the game, but needless to say, I find the galaxy edition easy to ignore because I don't feel like I could be enoying the game more if a bought it. Same for the Planitiods pack. Oh people hate that pack and I totally get that, but it's easy to ignore. So yeah I never felt like Stellaris was demanding more than seventy bucks, with much more paced out DLC. Oh, and it didn't try to get me to preorder another fucking game for even more content.

And you're free to disagree with them, but don't just dismiss their complaints like they have no basis.

erttheking:

And you're free to disagree with them, but don't just dismiss their complaints like they have no basis.

their complaints have a point but paradox isn't exactly good with DLC either. for the galaxy edition why would they advertise a cosmetic as a new race? like what's the point?
also for the utopia DLC why wasn't "Advanced Slavery" already in the base game? sounds like something that should've been in the game from the start.

in all honesty I wouldn't use stellaris as an example. stick with witcher 3.

Bombiz:

erttheking:

their complaints have a point but paradox isn't exactly good with DLC either. for the galaxy edition why would they advertise a cosmetic as a new race? like what's the point?
also for the utopia DLC why wasn't "Advanced Slavery" already in the base game? sounds like something that should've been in the game from the start.

I'll admit that they certainly have problems, but compare to the crap that's being pulled with Creative Assembly and Sega, they come out smelling like roses.

erttheking:

Bombiz:

erttheking:

I'll admit that they certainly have problems, but compare to the crap that's being pulled with Creative Assembly and Sega, they come out smelling like roses.

crap is still crap no matter how small. Endless legend is miles a head of Stellaris if we're talking about post launch support. like it's not even close.

GIVE ME MEDIEVAL 3 YOU FUCKS

Although I suppose multiplayer might be pretty cool on this one. One thing you have to hand to CA is that the units for different factions are very unique this time, so having 10+ factions with very distinct playstyles available in multiplayer might give things some longevity.

RiseOfTheWhiteWolf:

There is, its called Age of Charlemange:

And I think there are Medieval Mods for Warhammer and Attila.

Samtemdo8:

RiseOfTheWhiteWolf:

The middle ages lasted well into the 15th century m8. A half arsed expansion pack about a guy who lived until sevenhundredandsomething is NOT Medieval 3.

The mods suck because Warhammer and Attila combat is terrible for... Well, anything except feudal Japan really.

Bombiz:

erttheking:

Bombiz:

crap is still crap no matter how small. Endless legend is miles a head of Stellaris if we're talking about post launch support. like it's not even close.

Pretty damn important to keep things in perspective if you ask me. Though I'm all for talking about what's done right with the Endless series.

RiseOfTheWhiteWolf:

Samtemdo8:

RiseOfTheWhiteWolf:

The middle ages lasted well into the 15th century m8. A half arsed expansion pack about a guy who lived until sevenhundredandsomething is NOT Medieval 3.

The mods suck because Warhammer and Attila combat is terrible for... Well, anything except feudal Japan really.

What's wrong with Attila's combat?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or