Recommend me a 3DS game

I'm going out of state for a week and I'm going to bring my 3DS. But, I only have Pokemon and have beaten them all already. What game should I get for my trip?

Kirby Planet Robobot or Zelda - A Link Between Worlds

Story of Seasons Trio of Towns is a good one imo.

Mario and Luigi Dream Team and Mario and Luigi Paper Jam. Good RPGs.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time/ Majora's Mask/ A Link Between Worlds.

Fire Emblem: Awakening/ Fates/ Echoes. If you're new to the series start with either Awakening or Fates: Birthright

Super Smash Bros

Fantasy Life. If you like grinding and find the charm of the world endearing.

Bravely Default. Pretty good recall to old-school turn-based JRPGs, even in the plot (epic quest for the crystals of the elements).

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Action-RPG about hunting big monsters, use their spoils to craft new equipment and go out to hunt something bigger and meaner.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy. Source of the "OBJECTION!" meme, combination of adventure game (during investigation) and dramatic visual novel (during the trials).

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Heavily inspired on A Link To The Past; and yet it's a great Zelda game on its own.

Do Virtual Console games count?

If so, I recommend Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, and Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. They are Game Boy Color games, but still excellent.

Hello Kitty Picnic.

Dragon quest viii: journey of the cursed king.

Or mario kart. That is always the right answer.

A Link Between Worlds

Xenoblade Chronicles

Course they're the only 3DS games I've actually played, but hey, still reccomend them.

I'll repeat, Zelda: a link between worlds. Also if I'm not mistaken, advance wars: dual strike was for DS originally but still works on a 3DS. If you can get it, be warned. The game warps time in such a way that you have played fifteen minutes but around you, hours have passed.

Code name steam. Its a turn base rpg its like a 7/10 but its only like 10 bucks

Check out Project X Zone.

Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Mariokart 7 and Luigi's Mansion 2. Those would be my top picks.

kilenem:

Agreed. It's kind of grating and annoying, but it has an odd charm to it. Don't think it's getting a sequel because it failed miserably, if I recall correctly. Also Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is great, if you're into the turn based strategy genre.

Have you tried the Etrian Odyssey series?

EO4, as well as EO1 and EO2 "Untold" (remakes of the original 1&2) are available on the 3DS eshop.

You take a group of characters of various classes into a first-person, map-drawing, dungeon-crawler.

EO5 is out in Japan since last August. Supposedly, it'll be released in the west sometime in Q4[1].

I've enjoyed all the games that include "Ace Attorney" on the 3DS (including the Professor Layton cross-over).
Other than those, I sort of neglect my 3DS. There's Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 7.

Monster Hunter Generations. Thousands of hours of playtime of some of the best boss battles of gaming with 15 different weapon types that play completely differently.

If you're into mech then I sugges Little Battler Experience!

Fire Emblem Echoes, Etrian odyssey(all of the main series games as well as untold 1 and 2), Etrian mystery dungeon if you like mystery dungeon games, zelda oot and mm 3d, monster hunter generations.

zelda2fanboy:

kilenem:

Agreed. It's kind of grating and annoying, but it has an odd charm to it. Don't think it's getting a sequel because it failed miserably, if I recall correctly. Also Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is great, if you're into the turn based strategy genre.

I think its possible, Its the same dev as fire emblem and I think Nintendo would give them free license to do what ever they want as long as Fire Emblem keeps making money. Granted I would want a Advance wars sequel before a codename steam sequel. I still haven't beat Days of ruin.

Ghost Trick. I don't care if it's not actually a 3DS game. It'll run on the system and it's AMAZING so you should play it.

Fantasy Life, it's chibi solo WoW.

Ever Oasis gets released in a few days, you can predownload it.

And try to find the Chrono Trigger DS cartridge, it's pretty much the ultimate version.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here