Shoot Opponents in the Nuts in Combat Arms

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Shoot Opponents in the Nuts in Combat Arms

A new feature in Nexon America's free-to-play Combat Arms encourages players to shoot their foes in the beanbag for instant kills. No, we're not kidding.

Sure, "head shots" have been around in games for ever, so I guess some developers are kind of bored with them. Hence the brand-new feature in Combat Arms: "Nut Shot."

Yes, it's precisely what it says it is. See a male opponent approaching your position? Zoom your rifle in and put a bullet not in his brain, but in his scrotum. It'll be just as effective: A one-shot kill as your opponent writhes on the ground in agony at the loss of his Mean Bean Machine.

Honestly, I'm ... not even sure what else to say about this. I can't stop watching the video; I think the little Nutcracker "crunch" is sort of hypnotic. Clearly, other FPS games should follow suit with this groundbreaking new mechanic.

As much as I disagree with conditioning as a result of gaming, I think rewarding violence towards the nut-sack is a pretty stupid idea.

...It's something new at least, but I dislike the idea of having more insta-kills.

There are so many things that could be so much cooler though. Like permanent wounding for once! I long to play an FPS where being shot in the leg substantially decreases your movement until the end of the round.

I can't decide which is funnier: the nut crunch sound effect or the derisive laughter!!!!

Shot to the nutsack= Instant kill? Why? It wouldn't happen in real life...

Anyway- Shot to the nutsack means them rolling around screaming in pain. Shot to the head means a silent takedown. I guess I'll just stay with my headshots then.

Didn't anyone play Saint's Row 2? You get an achievment in that for getting 100 nut-shots

Although this is an FPS, so I guess it's kinda different. If this is put into multiplayer too, it could lead to some seriously infuriating situations. Lucky headshots are annoying, lucky nutshots would just make the same situation twice as likely.

I like the sound and the picture that appears, though.

Yay for female characters who dont get another instakill spot added.

You'd have to get up pretty early in the morning to out-nutshoot stranglehold. And you'd have to shoot a lot of nuts, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIdEC21Ol3U

Taawus:

Ah, the benevolent sexism in play! :(

wordsmith:

Anyway- Shot to the nutsack means them rolling around screaming in pain. Shot to the head means a silent takedown. I guess I'll just stay with my headshots then.

The two femoral arteries pass ver close to there, plus a large blood supply to the intestines, means that you would likely go down almost as quickly as with a headshot.

I want to play this game right now. RIGHT NOW.

Nivag:
Like permanent wounding for once! I long to play an FPS where being shot in the leg substantially decreases your movement until the end of the round.

Dirty Quake instantly comes to mind, well not till end of round but till you die.

Joselyn:
I can't decide which is funnier: the nut crunch sound effect or the derisive laughter!!!!

I think the little nut animation at the top wins the gold.
It hurts so bad to watch, but it's so funny..

EDIT:

Taawus:

Ovary-shot doesn't sound as cool.
But shoot them in the tits!
(the heart is near there, or so i hear)

Metal Gear Solid 3 had the same thing. If you shot an enemy in the crotch it was the same as if you shot them in the head, one hit kill.

Personally, I find it hilarious and every game should have it.

ARM02:

wordsmith:

The two femoral arteries pass ver close to there, plus a large blood supply to the intestines, means that you would likely go down almost as quickly as with a headshot.

Not only that but if you get shot in the nuts to begin with, well you're not getting up before someone can kill you. So yeah, 1 shot kill from a nut shot makes lots of sense.

If you get shot in the leg however, it's not unheard of to be able to still move and keep on truckin.

snuffler:

ARM02:

wordsmith:

Not only that but if you get shot in the nuts to begin with, well you're not getting up before someone can kill you. So yeah, 1 shot kill from a nut shot makes lots of sense.

If you get shot in the leg however, it's not unheard of to be able to still move and keep on truckin.

If you get shot anywhere, you're pretty much not getting up until after some hospital treatment.

MaxTheReaper:

EDIT:

Taawus:

Of course, there could be other reasons why a female might fall on the floor , writhing, after getting shot ''at that spot''
Edit: Game balanced once again !

If FPSs train terrorist, Combat Arms trains feminist terrorists

Ha that is just win right there. The animation and the laugh seal the deal. That would be a funny if not annoying addition to all. I can imagine in Halo a nut short diminishing your shields instantly.

ARM02:
If you get shot anywhere, you're pretty much not getting up until after some hospital treatment.

Adrenaline or "Epinephrine" as it's medically known, causes the body to enter a fight or flight response state. The hormone boosts the supply of oxygen and glucose to the brain and muscles, while suppressing other non-emergency bodily processes (digestion in particular).(*1)

People can, as a result, not feel pain(*2) and thus still have full control of every bodily muscle, still be able to move freely, and continue to function at nearly 100% until the effect of adrenaline wears off. After which time, yeah, you're right. They would need medical attention, however before the effect of the Epinephrine wears off they could potentially get up and even possibly run to safety/cover

(1)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epinephrine#Actions_in_the_body
(2)http://www.lindaland.com/stressbook/page20.htm

Taawus:

MaxTheReaper:

EDIT:

Taawus:

Of course, there could be other reasons why a female might fall on the floor , writhing, after getting shot ''at that spot''
Edit: Game balanced once again !

Like "Getting shot really fucking hurts," for instance.

I think the breaking walnut graphic is really the icing on the whole thing. It's so cartoony and cheerful

snuffler:

ARM02:

Adrenaline or "Epinephrine" as it's medically known, causes the body to enter a fight or flight response state. The hormone boosts the supply of oxygen and glucose to the brain and muscles, while suppressing other non-emergency bodily processes (digestion in particular).(*1)

People can, as a result, not feel pain(*2) and thus still have full control of every bodily muscle, still be able to move freely, and continue to function at nearly 100% until the effect of adrenaline wears off. After which time, yeah, you're right. They would need medical attention, however before the effect of the Epinephrine wears off they could potentially get up and even possibly run to safety/cover

(1)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epinephrine#Actions_in_the_body
(2)http://www.lindaland.com/stressbook/page20.htm

Yeah, but usually it takes some time for adrenaline to kick in. If you get shot from 1km, you are not going to produce enough adrenaline to endure/ignore the pain.

If you, however, were under fire already, then adrenaline would supress the pain and exhaustion.

wordsmith:

I really, really doubt that you would be in any fighting condition if you had your nuts shot off. And you would probably die sooner or later from bleeding unless you take serious actions against it. And I doubt that someone who just had his nuts shot off be able to try to stop the bleeding that well.

But, yeah, definitely louder then headshot.

My friend had been pestering me to download this game and play it with him... This has finally made me want to try it...

Abedeus:
Yeah, but usually it takes some time for adrenaline to kick in. If you get shot from 1km, you are not going to produce enough adrenaline to endure/ignore the pain.

If you, however, were under fire already, then adrenaline would supress the pain and exhaustion.

I was assuming you're already in a combat situation, in which case epinephrine is (or at least should be) already being formed in your adrenal gland, and being pumped into your blood stream.

plastic_window:
Didn't anyone play Saint's Row 2? You get an achievment in that for getting 100 nut-shots

That one's probably inspired by Penny-Arcade's experiences with Stranglehold and subsequent allegation that such a thing existed.

MaxTheReaper:

Yeah, as much fun as Groin Attack is, I'd like to see a game play with something (marginally) more tasteful along similar lines. Like, ear shots (collecting trophies) or weapon hand shots. Just because it doesn't hit the most popular area for pain doesn't mean a hand shot should incapacitate just as much.

snuffler:

Abedeus:

I was assuming you're already in a combat situation, in which case epinephrine is (or at least should be) already being formed in your adrenal gland, and being pumped into your blood stream.

Of course, of course.

But I think that in this case (getting shot in the nut with a sniper rifle) the target is unaware of the opponent, thus while he is in a state of alertness, it's not enough to produce adrenaline.

Sorry for not using medical terms, I've never learned Biology in English.

GyroCaptain:

plastic_window:

That one's probably inspired by Penny-Arcade's experiences with Stranglehold and subsequent allegation that such a thing existed.

MaxTheReaper:

Yeah, as much fun as Groin Attack is, I'd like to see a game play with something (marginally) more tasteful along similar lines. Like, ear shots (collecting trophies) or weapon hand shots. Just because it doesn't hit the most popular area for pain doesn't mean a hand shot should incapacitate just as much.

Or rewards for disarming.
With bullets.

Also, do not link me to that foul place. I don't have another month to spend reading everything again.

MaxTheReaper:

GyroCaptain:

plastic_window:

MaxTheReaper:

With bullets.

Also, do not link me to that foul place. I don't have another month to spend reading everything again.

It'll take two months now; you know they can't keep the article numbers down. On the plus side, they have a "laconic" version of most pages now; it's 1-2 sentences per article.

GyroCaptain:

MaxTheReaper:

GyroCaptain:

plastic_window:

MaxTheReaper:

With bullets.

It'll take two months now; you know they can't keep the article numbers down. On the plus side, they have a "laconic" version of most pages now; it's 1-2 sentences per article.

I'll just end up reading the laconic version and the dark side version in addition to the vanilla flavour!
*Sigh* That site is like crack.

MaxTheReaper:

GyroCaptain:

MaxTheReaper:

GyroCaptain:

plastic_window:

MaxTheReaper:

With bullets.

I'll just end up reading the laconic version and the dark side version in addition to the vanilla flavour!

I can't believe I just clicked that. What is wrong with me?

I'll be gone for the next few hours, guys.

Monkfish Acc.:

MaxTheReaper:

I can't believe I just clicked that. What is wrong with me?

I'll be gone for the next few hours, guys.

*adds two marks to "lives destroyed" tally.

Right. So, they censor nearly a hundred words pointlessly, yet they add this? Good GOD Nexon is messed up in the head. This itself is just...............just.....just NO man! You don't shoot a dude in the balls!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here