Modern Warfare 2 Best-Seller of All Time?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

LewsTherin:
Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2: All-Blacks 10

Dreadfully sorry for that one...

I think it will sell well, but "All Time" is a fairly hefty title.

You should be dredged and disembowelled for that spewing of bollocks u just come out with

Keane Ng:
I will buy ten copies if Captain Price is alive in it.

So they expect around 50 million sales for the game? Good luck, you're going to need it. Even best selling title of the year might get difficult since the best selling game of all time (Wii Sports and no, it's not bundled in all territories but still selling a LOT in those, it's probably THE system seller) is getting a sequel this year.

The correct title would be Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2.

Now that I've read that all I want is for CoD 6 to be a disaster, does that make me a bad person?

they are being a bit too ambitious don't you think?

dochmbi:

didn't you hear? they are dropping the 'call of duty' part of the name.

Top selling game of the year maybe but never best selling game of all time.

dochmbi:

Not even that would be correct since there is no Call of Duty 5.

dochmbi:

Liverpool 0

COD4 was excellent and I'm pretty sure COD6 (aka Modern Warfare 2), will sell very well based on its hype and the developer's previous achievements.

However... "biggest selling video game of all time" doesn't sound right.

I certainly won't buy any Infinity Ward game because i dont want to give my money to people who make the same game all over again and then boast, that it will be the best selling of all time. I hope they choke on their words.

This does sound highly possible, Based on the first Modern Warfare. The key is to continually improve the quality and, in short, not screw up the franchise.

It's called Call of Duty 6ish: Moderner Warfare.

In order to be the "best-selling game of all time" it will have to beat out stuff like The Sims and Myst over the long haul, which won't happen since a lot of those sales will stop entirely as soon as Call of Duty 8-or-so: Modernest Warfare of All comes out.

Also, it won't be the bestseller across other entertainment media in terms of sales numbers... in dollars it might come close, but number of sales?

More ideas for the title:
Modern Warfare 2: Duty Calls
Call of Duty 2009
Modern Warfare 2: A Call of Duty Game
Call of Duty 6: Blood on the Sand
Call of Cthulu: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty 6: Call Harder
Modern Warfare 2: Another War
Modern Warfare Remodeled
Modern Warfare 2: Continuation

It's gonna sell well that's almost certain.

But best selling of all time? Almost impossible if you ask me.

SharedProphet:

In order to be the "best-selling game of all time" it will have to beat out stuff like The Sims and Myst over the long haul, which won't happen since a lot of those sales will stop entirely as soon as Call of Duty 8-or-so: Modernest Warfare of All comes out.

Also, it won't be the bestseller across other entertainment media in terms of sales numbers... in dollars it might come close, but number of sales?

Call of Duty 2009
Modern Warfare Remodeled

You forgot

Modern Warfare: Episode 1

Modern Warfare: Episode 2

SharedProphet:

Call of Duty 2009
Modern Warfare Remodeled

You forgot the following:

Call of Duty 6: The Revenge of Modern Warfare
Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare ressurected
Call of Duty 6: The Curse of Modern Warfare
Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare reloaded
Call of Duty 6: with a vengeance
;)

Anyways, I, myself won't buy the game. Didn't enjoy the last one, probably won't enjoy this one as I don't see them do any improvements. I guess they'll just put more action into the game and call it a day.

There are a lot of casual gamers out there that do not realise that MW2 is the sequel to CoD:MW, as they don't deal in franchises or companies.

There will probably be a lot of people (read- idiots) leaving it because (they think it's) *ooh* something new and different

</rant>

Its hype, it won't come close to being beating any records.

Its focus and appeal are far too narrow. Shiny graphics and interesting single player won't change the fact that its an FPS, which has a much smaller target audience than things like GTA do.

Well they're certainly aiming their goals quite high aren't they? Nothing like unbridaled optimism to shatter because I highly doubt it will ever happen.

Gladion:

SharedProphet:

Call of Duty 2009
Modern Warfare Remodeled

You forgot the following:

Call of Duty 6: The Revenge of Modern Warfare
Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare ressurected
Call of Duty 6: The Curse of Modern Warfare
Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare reloaded
Call of Duty 6: with a vengeance
;)

Anyways, I, myself won't buy the game. Didn't enjoy the last one, probably won't enjoy this one as I don't see them do any improvements. I guess they'll just put more action into the game and call it a day.

True.

Return to Modern Warfare
Escape From Modern Warfare
Modern Warfare Episode 2: Attack of the Clones
War of the Modern
The Modern War Affair
Modern Warfare: The Movie
Modern Warfare 2: Pets
Modern Warfare 2: Snakes on a Plane
Modern Warfare 2: Mortal Combat
Modern Warfare 2: Blow Up the Ocean
Quantum of Warfare
Modern Warfare 2: Soap Rides Again
Call of Duty 6: Warfare, But More Modern
Call of Duty 6: It Only Hurts All the Time
Modern Warfare 2: Conquest of the Moon
Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare + 1
Call of Duty 6: The Undiscovered Country
Modern Warfare 2: This One Will Blow Your Mind Even More Than The Previous
Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2: Bet You Don't Expect What Comes Next
Modern Warfare 2: Now With 50% More Ponies
Modern Warfare 2: The Last One Was Called Call of Duty But This One Isn't

I could go on... : )

I personally don't give a shit whether it is the best selling game ever, best selling game of the year, or they sell one copy....... I'm still pre-ordering and buying it.

EDIT:^^ oh and lol'z at Modern Warfare 2: %50 percent more dead ponies

Oh, Activision. When will you ever learn? This game isn't going to sell that well. It probably won't beat any Nintendo franchise game in sales, let alone CoD4. I'm still going to pick up a copy, but these publishers really need to learn when to keep their mouth shut.

<( - . -;)>

SharedProphet:

Return to Modern Warfare
Escape From Modern Warfare
Modern Warfare Episode 2: Attack of the Clones
War of the Modern
The Modern War Affair
Modern Warfare: The Movie
Modern Warfare 2: Pets
Modern Warfare 2: Snakes on a Plane
Modern Warfare 2: Mortal Combat
Modern Warfare 2: Blow Up the Ocean
Quantum of Warfare
Modern Warfare 2: Soap Rides Again
Call of Duty 6: Warfare, But More Modern
Call of Duty 6: It Only Hurts All the Time
Modern Warfare 2: Conquest of the Moon
Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare + 1
Call of Duty 6: The Undiscovered Country
Modern Warfare 2: This One Will Blow Your Mind Even More Than The Previous
Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2: Bet You Don't Expect What Comes Next
Modern Warfare 2: Now With 50% More Ponies
Modern Warfare 2: The Last One Was Called Call of Duty But This One Isn't

I could go on... : )

Imagine: Party Modern Warfarez
Call of Duty: Thoroughly Modern Millie
When a Stranger Calls Dutifully
Modern Warfare 2: A Cup of Due Tea
COD: MW2 - Acronym Assault
COD: MW2: MK Dons, 3
COD: Modern Up Your Duty
Catfish: Modern Warfare 2

ratix2:
no, its a marketing statement, like when they said cod4 would have the best graphics and be the best shooter of 07 (both dead wrong), or the same things about cod5.

If you don't think CoD4 was the best Shooter of 2007, I honestly have to question your judgement. Sure, Halo and Bioshock were good games, but neither can really hold a candle to COD4's multiplayer, which I'm guessing many many people (including myself) still play on a daily basis. How many times did you play through Bioshock before it got boring and tedious, twice maybe?

They BETTER remove martyrdom and last stand or I'm not buying the game.

Super Call of Duty 10 Alpha:Modern Warfare 21 (version XX 18+)

Hyper edition deluxe,limited special collectors edition.

well what ever, its got my 59.99

From Indigo_Dingo.

I shall now give way to my bouts of mocking laughter. Ahem.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Best selling game of all time? Not a fucking chance - the first was good for being so very unique. Activision seem to be doing their grand specialty, missing the point entirely.

But best selling game of the year? Hell no. Two words - Starcraft II. Whats weirdest is that Activision have their fingers in both propertiesw, though.

APRIL FOOLS!! Oh wait...

I find it hard to not smile. It's like no.

No you may not be the best selling title of all time. Now go home and do your homework!

I do not doubt that it will be good. But not the best selling title ever. Not in a million years...

Keane Ng:
I will buy ten copies if Captain Price is alive in it.

You know he's coming back. It isn't Call of Duty without Price.

I cant wait. Its going to sell well enough that there will be a follow up and the multi player will be spanking, thats all that really matters...

Ill meet you on the field, Hardcore team death match.

They could at least claim something intersting and hilariously funny like Peter Molyneux does, but no Activison has to go for the boring greatest game ever claim. Why couldn't they claim that every bullet fired will be modeled seperatly and kept on the map until the end of the mission/round. Or like Molyneux say that each tree will have 10000 leaves rendered on it.

Ive been itching for this game ever since I found out how mediocre WAW is.

Ha! I won't be buying it. The games are too unrealistic for my my tastes, so I'll just stick with Red Orchestra, Left 4 Dead, and Half Life 2 (and 1 but I don't play that much) to fill my FPS needs. Oh and HL2 Ep3 (or HL3, not sure they announced a name yet) comes out in 09 (supposedly). Anyway, I had some hype about SCII originally, but that was about 3 years ago when they announced it, and the game looked from the videos to be near completion, but obviously they were just messing with us. And the final straw for me was finding out that each campaign (Zerg, Protoss, Terran, in reverse order I think) has to be bought seperately, that just kind of made the final straw for me and I gave up on it. I have no wish to spend that much money on a game, not even for an expansion pack, thats just the original game that will be a total of $90 (or $120 based on whose estimation of the price you take, as Blizzard has not confirmed prices for them) Oh well. Oh and the new Company of Heroes comes out in a few days.

Unless Muslim countries allow it, maybe then it'll be the biggest best seller of all time. Weeell, if it can beat Wii Fit.

i wouldnt be surprised proble best selling game of 2009 but of all time well the thing is i no it is very very well know.... lets just say in ur avarage classroom wit say 13-14 years old they proble will get it but say another good game like fallout 3 the proble wont get cause they didt hear about it but somehow they all got modern warfare 1 cause there friend got it and then he got it then he said to his friend to get it and so on so proble in the top 10 sellers mayb

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here