Sony Signs Licensing Deal for PlayStation Toys and Snacks

Sony Signs Licensing Deal for PlayStation Toys and Snacks

Sony has signed a deal with rights management group Target Entertainment to handle the licensing and production of a wide range of PlayStation branded products including food and housewares.

Target will developer a line of "PlayStation apparel and accessories," according to a GamesIndustry report, which will include toys, food, stationery, housewares and other crapola completely unrelated to Sony's famous gaming console. "Many of Sony Computer Entertainment's first party software titles and characters are now recognized by millions of people around the world," said SCEE Licensing and Peripherals Manager Stephanie Freeman, "from the legendary Ratchet and Clank through to the iconic Sackboy from LittleBigPlanet."

"We really want our consumers to have the ability to interact with our brands and characters in ways other than just on screen," she continued. "We feel Target Entertainment has the vibrancy and experience to help us do this successfully."

"To work with a brand like PlayStation, and its range of products, is a great opportunity for us," added Helen Howells, Target Entertainment's global brand director. "With a portfolio of fantastic games we will offer new and longer standing fans a range of products that will really add to their PlayStation experience."

Sony and Target haven't actually said they're looking for helpful suggestions from the general public but it seems quite clear to me that that's exactly what's called for. I think a Killzone 2 nightlight would be a great way to start; just plug it into an outlet and let those cold, glowing orange eyes soothe away your child's worst nighttime fears.

What, you got a better idea?

Resident Evil chainsaw workshop.....

Metal Gear Solid boxes only 5 easy payments of $19.99!!!

T Shirts first, obviously. And Sackboy... uh... Sackboys.

so they'll be massively expensive and ultimately unfufilling?

Wooooooo....
Yet another example of meaningless merchandising

Hacky-Sackboy!

Damn, that's actually not a bad idea.

ok wait, food? All i picture is a straw attachment coming out of your psp or ps3 feeding you "virtual fudge".

Malygris:

What, you got a better idea?

Surprise Your friends with the MGS4 Octo Camo ! (Comes in 1 size)

Can't get that helmet off ? no worries use the Killzine 2 M4 Revolver ! (May cause death)

Tired of your annoying boss ? why not prank with the Blads of Chaos form GOW3 ! (Requires Godlike Strength)

Need more weapons well Ratchet and Clank have it all for from the Grooveitron to the RYNO !
(May faint from the awesomeness of the weapons)

Want to see how tough Radec really is ? then simply call 555 helghast and you can fight him yourself !

Ever had the urge to go into Warhawk and blow stuff up well have no fear for 3 simple 9.95 payments you can soon have your own missle dodgeing hoverering,flying Warhawk !

Malygris:
Hacky-Sackboy!

Tee hee hee X) I'd buy one of those!

Personally, though, I'd go for the Blades of Athena, and a little throne to sit on after a hard day.

Actually, a lot of Sony brands and licences would be good for birthday cakes.

Everyone likes cake.

Malygris:
Hacky-Sackboy!

I swear to god, that would fly off the shelves slightly slower than legalized crack. Hell, I'd buy twenty!

Yay.
New fruit snacks.

If I was to eat a Sony food product, or any food product with an electronics brand attached to it, it'd just feel like eating wires and circuit boards. It would be plain weird, basically.

AceDiamond:

When is merchandise ever not?

Indigo_Dingo:

AceDiamond:

When is merchandise ever not?

I lol'd.

If I get a sackboy plushie out of it then it's all fine by me.

................. "Legendary" Ratchet and Clank? "Iconic" Sack-boy?

Did ... did I miss something somewhere?

sign me up for the hacky-sackboy, though!

YES!! Now I can finally have my very own Proto-Pet ^_^

EDIT: Oh my God, how cute would a Proto-Pet Koosh ball be?

Kratos.

Plushie.

Says violent things when squeezed.

ARIIIEEEESSS!

Well, I already have an Xbox t-shirt. If I get a Sony one, they'll just fight.

As for Sony candy, no thanks, I'll stick to Twix.

Pi_Fighter:
Wooooooo....
Yet another example of meaningless merchandising

It works for 7'11.

Malygris:
Hacky-Sackboy!

I'd buy that, and I suck at hacky-sack

I'd be more excited, but this already exists:

and that's all I'll ever need

Prinny d00d!

Malygris:
Hacky-Sackboy!

Well, if you like kicking Sackboy in the face over and over again.... :P

I'd buy them. As long as they have a stuffed toy kratos. No bad dreams are going to get to me! Not while I have the ghost of sparta watching over me! *sucks thumb*

But the snacks are interesting. Do you get to bite off a candy chimera's head or a jello helghast soldier's head?

sanzo:

Malygris:
Hacky-Sackboy!

Wouldn't it just blow your feet off?

Indigo_Dingo:

sanzo:

Malygris:
Hacky-Sackboy!

Wouldn't it just blow your feet off?

Only if I throw it... which I'm very careful not to do

Malygris:
Hacky-Sackboy!

That's the very first thing that popped into my head. Gotta love the thought of kicking Sackboys around...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here