Win Every EA Game In 2009

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Win Every EA Game In 2009

Want to own every EA game released this year and get into The Sims 3? All you have to do is be Ashton Kutcher's millionth follower on Twitter. This is not a joke.

Ashton Kutcher, aka Kelso from That 70's Show aka that guy on MTV who got married to that lady who used to be married to Bruce Willis, who was in Die Hard, is the latest in the seemingly endless line of celebrities to adopt everyone's favorite social media service, Twitter.

Kutcher, who feels the need to make everything in his life into some kind of silly and fun spectacle, doesn't think that he has enough followers on the site. Or at least he thinks he can get more than CNN, who use the site quite frequently to interact directly with their viewers. So, Kutcher proposed a contest: if he can get 1,000,000 followers before CNN, he'll play a prank on Ted Turner, buy the lucky follower a copy of Guitar Hero and donate some mosquito notes for World Malaria Day because, hey, why not.

As if that weren't ridiculous enough, Electronic Arts, who seem to have some kind of grudge against Larry King, have entered the fray. They're taking Kutcher's side, and have raised the stakes by offering Kutcher's millionth follower not only a copy of every single EA game released this year but a guest appearance in the upcoming Sims sequel, The Sims 3.

Welcome, my friends, to the internet. Kutcher has amassed some 900 thousand followers already and can be followed here. As for EA, I don't know even know why they care.

damn, i would like to do this but... to be frank i don't care :P
EA games generally arn't good, with only a few actually being good

Really? I don't think I'd ever want to follow Ashton Kutcher ever anyway... so no go here. What an interesting concept though... I wonder what he's getting paid to do that?

I predict his growing number of followers will stall because they're all waiting to be his millionth.

That's hilarious, and awesome....and pathetic at the same time......

Interesting concept to say the least.

I can picture that at 999,999...everyone will Follow him and it will crash the twitter servers. Genius!

Cue the page refresh whores!

Hmmm.....I want.

Maybe EA will release something half-decent for PC.

I wonder if it counts if you un-follow him then re-follow him...

I don't know who this is... strange thing for EA to do though, its hardly going to get them advertising on whatever

This is funny, all to get more 'followers'.

didnt realise they still made punk'd

that got old pretty fast

2 questions,

1. Do we get to pick which system we want the games on, and can it be a different system based on the game?
2. How are they going to know who the 1,000,000th follower is?

And on that note its time to stalk a Twitter page.

Who the fuck would want a twatter

mrfft:

2% cool, 8% Random, 90% Pathetic.

In case you wanted exact numbers.

wow just wow

RebelRising:

mrfft:

2% cool, 8% Random, 90% Pathetic.

In case you wanted exact numbers.

But remember kids, 49% of all percents are made up.

Become Ashton Kutchers one millionth follower?

Unless my faith in humanity is severely misplaced, we have decades before antyone will get that.

The Internet:

The one place celebrities WANT to be followed around by random strangers.

You know, for a second I was considering this. Then I remembered that EA isn't releasing anything both wonderful and original in 2009

Has anyone else seen this else video yet?

I was hoping for them to give me every game they've ever made.

My copy of Archon was never legal, y'see... Well, those days not many C64 games were legal.

Win Every EA Game In 2009 <--- isohunt yes?

What a terrible idea xD
There is gonna be a stall watch... (agreeing with others)

I liked Kelso. But anyways, I can't recall any good EA games beside Mirror's Edge this year.

Well on the bright side for whoever wins, you might not get any good games, but you'll get aplenty of Gamestop credit.

I might actually give in and sign up for twitter for this. And I swore I would never bother with it. Why am I a sucker for lasting digital immortality and anything that's free?

Every game EA makes for EVERY SYSTEM might be worth the spam I presume Twitter generates.But I don't think I'm in on this seeing as I'll probably lose (statistically speaking) and still get the hassle.If I was already signed up, I'd do it...and after the contest if Homeboy wouldn't be my Wingman at least one night...I'd kick him off my list.

It would be interesting to see how many people drop the dude after this contest.Not that he's uncool or anything,I don't know the guy.I've laughed at The Red Foreman Show,though.

Eh, I'll try for it anyway. I could use the money gained from selling those games, the Sims games hold their value quite well.

oh EA just wants its Biggest Publisher tag back, can you blame them for whoring themselves out to Kelso?

I rather burn then be his follower

Oh god, we've awakened the beast...

Apparently 4Chan are weighing into this as well, trying to get a Twitter they set up up to 1 million followers. The twitter in question? For none other than Josef Fritzel, the man who imprisoned and raped his daughter for 24 years.

This has taken a decidedly ugly turn.

Who the fuck want's an EA game. They should have to pay us to play them.

*facepalm*

pimppeter2:
Who the fuck would want a twatter

Trying to decide if this is a play on twitter or a new nickname for Ashton, both are equally plausible :P

I love how in that video he's reading everything he's saying from a script. Christ, he's dumb.

Indigo_Dingo:
Apparently 4Chan are weighing into this as well, trying to get a Twitter they set up up to 1 million followers. The twitter in question? For none other than Josef Fritzel, the man who imprisoned and raped his daughter for 24 years.

I hate 4chan. That's just... wrong. In so many ways.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here