Pac-Man Trashes France

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Pac-Man Trashes France

Oh sure, Pac-Man looks harmless... but would it be so benign in real life? As French prankster Rémi Gaillard shows, munching dots isn't so easy in the real world.

Gaillard hails from the same school of douchebaggery as Mega64 - bringing absurd videogame situations into the real world at the expense of everyone around him. It's rude, it'd be annoying if it happened to you - but on film, it's downright hilarious.

Back in December, Gaillard donned the familiar red cap to do a Mario Kart spoof. Now, he's suiting up as someone yellow and round - not Homer Simpson, but as gaming's iconic first binge eater, Pac-Man.

Honestly, that's... pretty much all I have to say. If you ever wanted to watch Pac-Man and the Ghosts trash a supermarket, get hit with a golf club, and tackled by a security guard, then just watch the damn thing.

For a Frenchman, the guy has guts.*

*Note - We at The Escapist would like to offer a disclaimer and would never dream of impugning the noble French tradition of surrendering upon the first sight of conflict. They can't defeat you if you don't fight in the first place, right?

You can always count on the French to come up with something absurdly surreal and off the wall

He got owned by that golfer :D

Otherwise great.

Ok. An amusing thought, yes. But the chaos and destruction is kind of unnecessary. You can make a silly video without causing a public disturbance, alright?

Thats just downright hilarious.

That man deserves a medal. Or a croissant.

Comparing this to Mega 64 for a second:
The french are apparently more aggressive than... the people of whatever city the Mega64-ers live in.
I don't think the M64 people got hit ever, though I haven't kept up with some of their more recent videos, and they did stuff of similar destructions levels (the MGS one has 'snake' go behind the counter, which could be interrpretted as him trying to steal something, and as he runs out he knocks over a table. Although, these guys were more... less caring about bystanders.)

That was awesome, just awesome.

That was great, I laughed the whole time.

scotth266:
Ok. An amusing thought, yes. But the chaos and destruction is kind of unnecessary. You can make a silly video without causing a public disturbance, alright?

Are you CRAZY? The only way to have fun is with CHAOS and DESTRUCTION!

That was awesome!
Anybody here speak French? What did he say into the camera at the end of the clip?

wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka

The second I saw the title I thought of Remi Gaillard and I was right, all his videos are hilarious! =)

CantFaketheFunk:

*Note - We at The Escapist would like to offer a disclaimer and would never dream of impugning the noble French tradition of surrendering upon the first sight of conflict. They can't defeat you if you don't fight in the first place, right?

That was probably the most hilarious thing I've read all week.

Skeleon:
That was awesome!
Anybody here speak French? What did he say into the camera at the end of the clip?

might be along the lines of "Turn that camera off!" but that's assuming he's law enforcement.
over all love the video.

They get 4 medals out of 5.

They lose 1 for being french.

They lose another for being a nuisance.

They lose another for being owned by a golfer.

And they lose another one for being french.

(Im only kidding, im not being racist)

Best part was when the store manager(?) tackled the hell out of that red ghost.

"Nice catch, rojo nino. Too bad your ass got sssssaaaaaaaaacked."

It definitely deserves a medal. Awesome stuff.

The Snail (A different video from him) was perhaps the best thing I've ever seen.

Skeleon:
That was awesome!

"That's by doing Pac-Man that you become anybody." The name of the website is nimportequi.com which is anybody.com in english so I guess it's their thing.

scotth266:
You can make a silly video without causing a public disturbance, alright?

Dude, it's France. There's a strike or a riot every week so public disturbance is kinda common.

The part with the golfer was the best. That was a very funny video.

That was a real dick move by the golfer. And I thought the French were harmless.

Awesome, but one word keeps coming to mind, OUCH!

Ah, saw this a few days ago. Hi-larious! That supermarket chase scene is amazing.

SUCH a douchebag! Gotta love 'im

Hahaha at the disclaimer! When will that joke get old! The unrivaled wit!

I do think you should make similar disclaimers for dealing with all other nationalities though. Nazi jokes if it deals with Germany, fat jokes if it deals with the US and communist jokes if it deals with Russia. Originality is for losers. Real humor comes from repeating the same thing over and over.

Cpt_Oblivious:
He got owned by that golfer :D

Otherwise great.

Yeah, I really can't believe that dude hit pac man with a golf club for taking a ball. Either way great movie.

Dectilon:
Hahaha at the disclaimer! When will that joke get old! The unrivaled wit!

I do think you should make similar disclaimers for dealing with all other nationalities though. Nazi jokes if it deals with Germany, fat jokes if it deals with the US and communist jokes if it deals with Russia. Originality is for losers. Real humor comes from repeating the same thing over and over.

Well when you build an impenetrable set of bunkers and don't cut off the one point that the an old enemy has used time and again to invade, people will make fun of you for a while.

What. an. idiot.

I'm astounded by the effort put into the ridiculous outfits.

That was pretty funny.

What's with the constant ragging on the French surrenders? Do you make fun of the Japanese for surrendering after the US annihilated a few of their cities? Do you think it would have helped them in any way to stand there and tell Hitler of all people that he has to pry the country from your cold, dead hands?

KDR_11k:
What's with the constant ragging on the French surrenders?

I don't get it either, the Blitzkrieg was (at first) very effective, there wasn't much they could do initially.
But they did accomplish a lot against the Nazis during the occupation (Resistence), so I think the French did their fair share of damage to defeat the regime!

Thanks for the translation, ShadowKirby!

Edit: Argh didn't check that someone had already put the translation up.

Plus ragging on France's surrender in WW2 is wrong for many reasons. First off they were very hard hit by the WW1 so they didn't want to put their country through that much trouble again by fighting a second. Furthermore the Resistance did pretty well and deserves some respect.

Just my two cents. And on the video itself. Wow...pure awesomeness

I liked the way the guy cracked him with the golf club. Silly French! Gotta love 'em though.

i thought it was quite funny, altho i prob would have thought it was funnier if he just ran round plces rather than annoyng people. just seeing everybodys confused faces rather than angry faces would have done it.

I like "Fiesta" and of course the "Foot" which is Soccer to you Americans. :)

CantFaketheFunk:

YOU CAN'T CATCH WHAT'S NOT THERE!

I think I'll use that some day. Do you mind?

Skeleon:

KDR_11k:
What's with the constant ragging on the French surrenders?

I don't get it either, the Blitzkrieg was (at first) very effective, there wasn't much they could do initially.
But they did accomplish a lot against the Nazis during the occupation (Resistence), so I think the French did their fair share of damage to defeat the regime!

Thanks for the translation, ShadowKirby!

They had 9 months to retaliate. They didn't, and then Hitler defeated them.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here