Hindu Leader Threatens Boycott Against Sony

Pages PREV 1 2

Hankage:

Indigo_Dingo:
[Here's the difference. Some people can see that the people of the Hindu faiths most accomplished form of changing the world is Mahatma Ghandis non-violent passive resistance, which beat the british with no fighting. All you can see is "they live in lower asia and have brown skin - Muslims and Hindus must be exactly the same".

Except that there is such a thing as a Hindu terrorist.

Do you hear that? That's the sound of you failing.

Do you see the words suicide bombings in there? No? How about the articles when you search Bajrang Dal Suicide Bombings? none there either?

Thats the sound of your racist ass being shown to be an idiot.

And that's called 'splitting hairs'.

Terrorism is terrorism; the method is irrelevant.

Hankage:

deathyepl:

Hankage:
Then again, if the best game they can come up with is something that looks like the end of 'Make Your Own Game' day in early grade school, this helps to explain why some of them tend toward suicide bombing...

Wow... you, just, really have no ability to differentiate between different shades of brown skin, do you?

At least I can tell the difference between the terms 'some' and 'all'.

That's still wrong...Unless you're talking about some religion with only 1 person and he was a suicide bomber, then yes everybody (As in that guy) who is in that religion (Again, made up solely of this one person) is a suicide bomber. But since no such religion exists or is too meaningless (The one guy who practices kills himself off to get in the club) to be noticed, then I think you've missed the difference between 'all' and 'some,' and I don't hear of many Hindu suicide bombers...

And to your splitting hairs comment, you said they were suicide bombers, not just terrorists...So now you're just trying to cover up a failed fail...

EDIT: On topic, they really should just get over it. If their gods are as powerful as they teach, they don't need defending. It's a matter of pride that I tend to not care, and they shouldn't either. Taking life too seriously is bad for one's HP...

They would gain my respect by telling these fascists where they can stick it. Religions are public domain and anyone can write books, make pictures and yes, make video games about them.

oliveira8:

Brotherofwill:

oliveira8:

Hinduism is old and basically more than half of the world doesnt care for it.

There is almost nothing that more than half the world cares for, except food, water and sex.

You forgot being rich and famous. :P

Don't make me break out my Good Charlotte CD's...

But yeah, this sounds absolutely silly. I mean, you don't see me getting offended over Bible Fight, the game that Adult Swim made. I thought it was hilarious. Meanwhile, this isn't even making fun of the religion: it's just setting itself in the shoes of a popular hero. It likely stinks anyway.

Sony is a pack of unforgiving, whooping dicks in suits. They had this coming.

oliveira8:
This guy should actually thank Sony for making Hinduism, actually recognized by everyone...

what are you on about?
i dont know anyone who doesnt know what hinduism is and would be very surprised to meet someone who didnt - there are only around more than half a billion hindus or something

AdmiralWolverineLightningbolt:

oliveira8:
This guy should actually thank Sony for making Hinduism, actually recognized by everyone...

what are you on about?
i dont know anyone who doesnt know what hinduism is and would be very surprised to meet someone who didnt - there are only around more than half a billion hindus or something

Yeah...in India!

Everyone in the whole world knows who is Jesus Crisht. Does everyone in the whole world know who Shiva is? Apart from being the Ice queen in Final fantasy games? Yeah I thought so...

DeadlyYellow:

Treblaine:
If this game has specifically insulted or slandered their religion then their beef is with THE DEVELOPERS not the distributors!

HA HA! I see what you did there!

Hmmm. Good to see more cultural groups acting like idiots.

Do people not realize that by raising international concern about an game they give it more attention (and likely more profit?) The best thing they could have done was left it alone and die in obscurity.

Exactly. I had Religion today at school and my priest said "Why do people go against movies like Angels and Demons or Leonardo Da Vinci Code? A guy painted something few hundred years ago and now they think that Dan Brown and movie producers want to destroy Christianity... It's just a movie. And *covers his collar* they are really retarded *takes hand off the collar* if they think it's going to change something. If anything, they are just making a free advert."

Besides, how many times has been Christianity parodied, laughed at and ridiculled? OH NO SOMEONE HAS OFFENDED THEIR RELIGION! Well newsflash, SIMPSONS ALREADY DID IT. In one of the episodes, Reverend Lovejoy said that Hindu are "miscellaneous", even if this is one of the major religions. Or in the other episode, he performed a Hindu wedding, saying that "Christ is Christ...".

oliveira8:

oliveira8:

what are you on about?

Yeah...in India!

Everyone in the whole world knows who is Jesus Crisht. Does everyone in the whole world know who Shiva is? Apart from being the Ice queen in Final fantasy games? Yeah I thought so...

oi, idiot, i live in the UK, not knowing what Hinduism is here is proof of an ignorant person
and i assume your american
either way, people may not all know the names of the gods but they'll be able to tell you that they're blue, poly theistic (though maybe not tell you in an abstract monotheistic way), and would know it to be Indian
hell, even the idiots would know it's an indian religion from apu in the simpsons
(i reckon less people in the WORLD (not america) know about your said final fantasy

and not everyone knows who jesus christ is, take the thousands of tribes throughout africa, think of the slums of tibet unaffected by missionary scumbags
how would any of them know?
(jeeze, the ignorance on this board)

oliveira8:

oliveira8:

what are you on about?

Yeah...in India!

oi, idiot, i live in the UK, not knowing what Hinduism is here is proof of an ignorant person
either way, people may not all know the names of the gods but they'll be able to tell you that they're blue, poly theistic (though maybe not tell you in an abstract monotheistic way), and would know it to be Indian
hell, even the idiots would know it's an indian religion from apu in the simpsons
(i reckon less people in the WORLD (not america) know about your said final fantasy

and not everyone knows who jesus christ is, take the thousands of tribes throughout africa, think of the slums of tibet unaffected by missionary scumbags

Haha. You call me ignorant but you dont even bother to check my profile? Which clearly says "Portugal".

Oh and apart from forest tribes in Africa even they know who Jesus Cristh was. We Europeans made sure they knew who he was for over 400 years.

And thats it. Hinduism is an Indian religion. Many many many people don't know the views, what they worship you know...the basics.

They know the name and were it comes from and thats it. Why is important no one knows. Face it Hinduism is an Indian relgion and stays there. A video game based on it only makes people more aware of whats Hinduism, apart that comes from India.

oliveira8:

oliveira8:

oliveira8:

what are you on about?

Yeah...in India!

Haha. You call me ignorant but you dont even bother to check my profile? Which clearly says "Portugal".

Oh and apart from forest tribes in Africa even they know who Jesus Cristh was. We Europeans made sure they knew who he was for over 400 years.

And thats it. Hinduism is an Indian religion. Many many many people don't know the views, what they worship you know...the basics.

They know the name and were it comes from and thats it. Why is important no one knows. Face it Hinduism is an Indian relgion and stays there. A video game based on it only makes people more aware of whats Hinduism, apart that comes from India.

you argument is contradictory
you say these random african tribes would at least know who jesus then you say people would probably know where hinduism came from india and nothing else
first, like i said, almost everyone knows it's polytheistic
and secondly, few people know the actual views, ways of worship, meaning of worship reasons behind worship for christianity, even many christians i know (yeah, i actually studied christianity)

and missionaries really arent that great, there are hundreds of tribes scattered across africa with no idea who jesus is because any missionaries that tried preaching to them was killed never mind misunderstood
and missionaries havent been everywhere, like i said, the rural regions in the mountains of tibet

That sucks that someone actually cares.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or