Atlus Expands Trauma Center Into A Hospital

Atlus Expands Trauma Center Into A Hospital

Hospital, Atlus' spiritual successor to the Trauma Center games, takes the motion-intensive gameplay of that franchise and applies it to various departments of medicine like cosmetic surgery, House-style diagnostic medicine and paramedics.

"This game is the penultimate work of the Trauma Center team," producer Daisuke Kanada told Famitsu (thanks to 1UP for the translation). "It completes one of the goals for a medical series that we've been striving for before, and it's also a wholly new title, not a sequel to Trauma Center. It's not just a surgery game, but an entire hospital in game form."

Hospital will feature six different characters, each with their own unique specialization and story scenarios. There's a House-esque diagnostician who IDs health problems using a stethoscope and plain old brainpower, a brilliant surgeon who's an ex-con, a paramedic who performs first aid at disaster scenes, a cosmetic surgeon, an endoscopic surgeon and a forensic doctor who investigates crime scenes using medicine.

No word on whether or not the cocksure Hank Freebird will manage to woo the reserved and demure Tomoe Tachibana in a Grey's Anatomy style subplot. But I hope so.

Gameplay will presumably involve lots of waggling and, if Trauma Center is any indication, be fairly intense.

So are they already planning another Trauma Center after this one, or is it just that 1Up's translator doesn't know what penultimate means?

I am not sure about this. Operations are fun, and maybe EMT jobs will also be fun. But things like cosmetics do not sound interesting. TC: UTK 2 was the best in the series so far because of the larger variety in operations, compared to the other three which recycle GUILT and SIGMA operations. This, however, sounds like a bit much. Plus I have already grown attached to the TC cast. Overall, i'm skeptical, but will likley try it out a year or so after release. Afterall, Atlus games get cheap VERY fast.

Oh yah, and I prefer stylus over Wii-Mote for this series, so another negative point.

Oh.

A-my.

A-God.

I love you Atlus. Bear my children!

Seems like the next logical step to make in the series

Flying-Emu:
Oh.

A-my.

A-God.

I love you Atlus. Bear my children!

Well, except for that very last part, I agree!

Gamer137:
But things like cosmetics do not sound interesting.

The thing with that is, it seems like just a not-so-hot translation from the Japanese. The word for cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, and orthopedics are all the same in Japanese (seikeigeka). (Trust me, the person who did my knee surgery a few years ago may have been in the seikeigeka department but was NOT a cosmetic surgeon.)

The 1Up site says the guy does "procedures like hip-replacement surgeries," so he's in orthopedics, not cosmetic surgery.

yeah_so_no:
reconstructive surgery, and orthopedics.

Now those sound interesting, which does increase my hope for this game.

How the fuck do you do diagnosis?

I hope its on the DS, because I feel that the stylus gave you more precision in your actions.

MrPop:
Seems like the next logical step to make in the series

At least they keep making the series better.
I've been digging these games ever since the first one on the DS (it's the reason I originally got a DS) and they just keep getting more interesting. This sounds like another step in the right direction.
I really like the idea of playing parts outside the usual operating room.

As long as I don't have to balance the budget.

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67218)