Is Hulu Coming to Xbox 360?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Is Hulu Coming to Xbox 360?

Could a Hulu-Xbox 360 partnership be announced during E3 next week? Signs on the internet are pointing to maaaybe.

With Netflix already keeping lazy Xbox 360 owners' rear ends squarely affixed to the double-cheek-shaped groove at the bottom of their sofa cushions, the idea of Hulu coming to the console seems downright dangerous.

You're telling me I can stream Desperate Housewives and all five seasons of The A-Team in addition to Kickin' It Old School without having to lift my arm? I'm never going outside again.

Don't get too excited yet, though. Hulu's only a possibility for the 360, though, judging from some tidbits floating around the internet, it could be a very likely one. Where's the proof? Well, G4 leading lady Olivia Munn recently updated her Twitter with this message: "Just finished promos for hulu/microsoft event I'm doing on june 8!"

A Hulu/Microsoft event, that's happening but a few days after E3, featuring one of gaming TV's most recognizable faces? Though the MS/Hulu partnership could have little or nothing to do with the 360, it's not that hard to put two and two together here.

Consider also, as Gizmodo points out, that Microsoft's Shane Kim said himself last December that he was trying to cut deals with video sites like Hulu. So Shane Kim wants it to happen. Lazy fools like me want it to happen. Why shouldn't it happen?

Keane Ng:
Signs on the internet are pointing to maaaybe.

Thats pretty much it with E3 this year. Rumors, rumors and more rumors.

If this is the big E3 surprise, Microsoft are set to have a terrible '09.

Would anyone really care if this did happen? I mean really?

No.

Yes.

A deffinite maybe.

At least I don't have to deal with sisterblues in this thread.

Wow that would rule.

Microsoft just announced a similar thing with Sky so im assuming these arnt the big guns they are saving for E3.

This would be a pretty good idea, except I'm in the UK so I wouldn't be able to use this, since Hulu don't stream videos here. I tried today, in fact, through Flixter and it said 'unavailable in your country'. So it wouldn't be really useful anywhere outside the US.

But it'd only affect you yanks.
All of us across the pond can't get Hulu in it's regular form, let alone 360.

Seriously, if it's USA-only then that tears it and I'm selling my Xbox 360. I've kinda been looking for a good enough reason to for a while, and when they announced Netflix was USA-only I just about did.

Sparrow Tag:

Keane Ng:

Well yeah, at least until next week WHEN THE RUMORS WILL BECOME REALITY.

Keane Ng:

Sparrow Tag:

Keane Ng:

Or so they say.

Trivun:
This would be a pretty good idea, except I'm in the UK so I wouldn't be able to use this, since Hulu don't stream videos here. I tried today, in fact, through Flixter and it said 'unavailable in your country'. So it wouldn't be really useful anywhere outside the US.

Yeah thats really annoying, and Hulu seams to be of of the best and easiest places to stream TV from too...

that sucks big time ,i live in canada we get screwed again this is starting to piss me off , we can't get hulu in canada even youtube blocks the tv shows uploaded to the tube we like the uk are geo-blocked

harhol:

My favorite shows streaming in high quality through my Media/Gaming center? How would I not care? What, would you really rather they didn't do it? I know we don't know the details, hell they might even charge for it, but if they don't, why are you crapping on free tv shows?

needausername:

Trivun:

Yeah thats really annoying, and Hulu seams to be of of the best and easiest places to stream TV from too...

DAMN you Megavideo, why did you have to implant a time limit on your streaming!!

Wait, you'd actually watch "Kickin' it Old School"? Why? Are you a masochist? Do you love pain?

Oh how much does Jamie Kennedy suck.

Keane Ng:

Sparrow Tag:

Keane Ng:

LEFT 4 DEAD 2 SHALL HAPPEN!

It'd be quite useful having Hulu on my Xbox. I'd be able to get a few laughs from Family Guy/Simpsons clips when i'm bored.

Cliff_m85:
Wait, you'd actually watch "Kickin' it Old School"? Why? Are you a masochist? Do you love pain?

Oh how much does Jamie Kennedy suck.

I like awful things, and yes, I actually did watch it on Netflix.

Cpt_Oblivious:

We don't even get it in Canada! And we are directly fucking above the states!! I hate when there are clips of shows and it Hulu. Tell me, is it really so difficult to bring it up here. Stupid Hulu.

Shapsters:

Cpt_Oblivious:

We don't even get it in Canada! And we are directly fucking above the states!! I hate when there are clips of shows and it Hulu. Tell me, is it really so difficult to bring it up here. Stupid Hulu.

Physically no, legally yes.

harhol:
If this is the big E3 surprise, Microsoft are set to have a terrible '09.

Well, they did say they would be looking at "reshaping how people think about home entertainment".....Yeah, I think this might be it.

chronobreak:

harhol:

My favorite shows streaming in high quality through my Media/Gaming center? How would I not care? What, would you really rather they didn't do it? I know we don't know the details, hell they might even charge for it, but if they don't, why are you crapping on free tv shows?

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, just that it's not that exciting. I've never had a problem finding TV shows that I want to watch so it's not like Hulu is going to open up an exciting new world of viewing possibilities. To me it's one of those features which sounds great in theory but which people won't really use (e.g. internet browsing on PSP, video recording on a mobile phone). I mean it's cute... all I'm saying is that if this is Microsoft's big announcement for this year then they're running short on ideas. If they plan to charge for it as well then you can file the whole thing under "facepalm".

I don't care about Hulu, I'm from the rest of the world.

Don't care. I want my 360 to finally have an internet browser though! It's one of the few things that might make me want to buy a PS3.

You mean to tell me one box that will provide Space Giraffe, Left4Dead, AND Arrested Development?

I just had a gizgasm

That would rock so much. I could watch the Colbert Report and catch up on the last few weeks if I missed any. MS needs to do this....NOW!

Onyx Oblivion:
That would rock so much. I could watch the Colbert Report and catch up on the last few weeks if I missed any. MS needs to do this....NOW!

You are currently sitting in front of something that could do it much better.

Thats the problem - most TV shows are actually on line on the channels website. Yes, they only offer showing to people in the U.S, but so does Hulu.

Indigo_Dingo:

Onyx Oblivion:

Thats the problem - most TV shows are actually on line on the channels website. Yes, they only offer showing to people in the U.S, but so does Hulu.

I am aware of this, but I would much enjoy not leaving my couch. My games are down the stairs from my computer.

Onyx Oblivion:

Indigo_Dingo:

Onyx Oblivion:

I am aware of this, but I would much enjoy not leaving my couch. My games are down the stairs from my computer.

And another thing, what about Tivo/IQ? You could record these things easily and watch them. You can't tell me they don';t come around with enough regularity. Hell, even Sony has their equivalent product for the Ps3.

dose any one like olivia mun?

i dont.

Indigo_Dingo:

Onyx Oblivion:

Indigo_Dingo:

Onyx Oblivion:

And another thing, what about Tivo/IQ? You could record these things easily and watch them. You can't tell me they don';t come around with enough regularity. Hell, even Sony has their equivalent product for the Ps3.

Yes, because I totally have those. Buying all this new DLC and Sacred 2 has worn my wallet down at the moment. Leaving me wanting this.

Onyx Oblivion:

Indigo_Dingo:

Onyx Oblivion:

Indigo_Dingo:

Onyx Oblivion:

Yes, because I totally have those. Buying all this new DLC and Sacred 2 has worn my wallet down at the moment. Leaving me wanting this.

You think this is gonna be free?

if it does cool if not all well won't affect me either way unless its free.

Trivun:

sunami88:
Seriously, if it's USA-only then that tears it and I'm selling my Xbox 360. I've kinda been looking for a good enough reason to for a while, and when they announced Netflix was USA-only I just about did.

Microsoft have just announced you will be able to get sky plus through your xbox and im fairly sure thats UK only. Maybe its there answer to the US's Hulu thing

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here