Brütal Legend to Feature Prince of Darkness Himself

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Brütal Legend to Feature Prince of Darkness Himself

No, not Satan, silly! Brütal Legend creator Tim Schafer has announced that the upcoming Xbox 360 and PS3 game will feature the voice and likeness of Black Sabbath vocalist Ozzy Osbourne as "The Guardian of Metal."

If you thought Brütal Legend couldn't get any more metal at this point, you were sorely mistaken. At EA's E3 press conference, Double Fine studio head and Brütal Legend creator Tim Schafer announced that Osbourne would join a cast that includes metal greats like Rob Halford (of Judas Priest), Lemmy Kilmeister (of Motörhead) and Lita Ford.

Schafer also divulged his true motivation for creating Brütal Legend: to meet everyone on his 14-year-old self's checklist of personal heroes (and in Lita Ford's case, masturbatory fantasies).

We'll have some screenshots of Mr. Osbourne's in-game persona shortly, but in the meantime, enjoy this depiction of protagonist Eddie Riggs summoning a bolt of lightning with his demonic guitar, Clementine.

Heh, I just saw that in E3 coverage.

Neat. I doubt I'll play the game though.

We'll see.

Fantastic. Now it's a must own more then ever

As awesome as this game looks, I doubt it will have anything going for it in the gameplay department.

TaborMallory:
As awesome as this game looks, I doubt it will have anything going for it in the gameplay department.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Gormourn:

We'll see.

But its Tim Schafer. Your the reason theres no Psychonauts 2.

Flying-Emu:

TaborMallory:

I find it Metal. If said faith is to the devil.

Oh great, some jibberish guardian! I hope they'll include subtitles!

This game looks amazing.

bue519:

Gormourn:

We'll see.

Mine the reason theres no Psychonauts 2?

Don't see how.

TaborMallory:

This. Everyone will be like "Brutal Legend omg automatic G.O.T.Y. doodz" and then come release day the silence will be deafening.

I saw that a little while ago on tv. Looks sweet.

harhol:

TaborMallory:

This. Everyone will be like "Brutal Legend omg automatic G.O.T.Y. doodz" and then come release day the silence will be deafening.

It will cause everybody is going to be playing the game.

Gormourn:

bue519:

Gormourn:

We'll see.

Don't see how.

Mine? What?
I was just saying that because Psychonauts was made by Schafer, and as such he is one of my more favored developers.

bue519:

Gormourn:

bue519:

Gormourn:

We'll see.

Don't see how.

Mine? What?
I was just saying that because Psychonauts was made by Schafer, and as such he is one of my more favored developers.

I was making fun of your grammar. =P

Me being s wanna-be grammar-nazi aside, meh. Psychonauts were okay, I guess. But it doesn't mean that this game is going to be, even though I hope so.

I'm not doubting this game will have awesome gameplay, I just think it'll be overlooked by 90% of the gaming community.

Haha, the Brummies of the world represented by none other than the greatest of us all :D Looking forward to this now... :)

When I read this, I screamed like a little girl in joy, but managed to convert it to a Manly Metal Laugh of Ultimate Metality!

Ozzie? Where the bloody hell is Dickenson?!?

Anyway, still on this one.

Flying-Emu:

TaborMallory:

I find your lack of disturbance disturbing.

So Tim Shafer(psychonauts) got Jack Black(Tenacious D/Over the top actor)to voice a roadie drawn into a fantasy world that uses a guitar to summon spells of epic proportion.

Awesomeness potential is strong here.

Well of course, ti wouldn't be Metal if it didn't have Mr. Mumbles in it.

The song Crazy Train just started playing in my head all of a sudden.......

Simon Hadow:
When I read this, I screamed like a little girl in joy, but managed to convert it to a Manly Metal Laugh of Ultimate Metality!

I just gave an UMMDGUMM
(Ultimate Manly Metal Death Growl of Ultimate Manly Metality.)

bue519:

Gormourn:

We'll see.

That's the great thing about Tim Schafer. The only sequel he has ever made has been Day of the Tentacle.

I'm not into metal, but being a massive Schafer fan I will have to buy this.

Awesome, some potential for funny exploitation of his tendency to mumble.

Can't wait for this game. Who cares if the gameplay isn't great? That's not what everyone's going to be playing it for. As long as it's just not completely unplayable, it should be great.

First Dio, now Ozzy. It's a head-bangers dream.

This . Sounds. Awesome

Crazyyy...but that's how it goooooes....

Can it get anymore awesome? Heck, I'm already giggling like a little girl over the prospect of Lemmy.

Ozzy: Muhguth ur ath ahh na thou couts pissed agahn ahh foucking hell sharon wherr the fouk you got ta ahhh jesous crist.

Eddie: ...What?

I can't wait for this game!

Man hearing ozzy's voice in a game is going to be hilariouly awesome.

Yea- wait, WHAT?

Fuck! This means no Maiden, and no Dickinson.

harhol:

TaborMallory:

Yep, that's what I think. Psychonauts was relatively weak in the plattform department and I don't even want to imagine how hard the action gameplay could blow in this one.

Schaefer just go back to making Point&Click, please...

"Oh, right, I better let you in then. Where's the key? Where's the fookin' key!? SHARON! Have you seen the fookin' key?"

"It's on the table you daft git!"

"Well I didn't know that now did I?..fookin' hell!"

Ernstige Jan:
I'm not doubting this game will have awesome gameplay, I just think it'll be overlooked by 90% of the gaming community.

I find that hard to believe, considering how much it's being advertised. In fact, that concerns me a little considering the relative lackluster showcasing there was for past Schaefer games; I'm worried they're compensating for something.

I will probably get it though, despite Ozzy's appearance. Unless he happens to be somehow comprehensible or, as suggested, there are subtitles though, that's not much of a drawing point at all.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here