Nintendo Announces Golden Sun DS

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Nintendo Announces Golden Sun DS

Nintendo has announced the first title in the Golden Sun franchise in six years: Golden Sun DS.

It's little more than a trailer at this point, but Golden Sun fans can rest easy - the DS will be getting the next installment of the popular Game Boy Advance series. No word on whether your save file from Golden Sun 2 will transfer to the new platform, but we'll hopefully get some answers later this week.

Brilliant! Finally, after all of this waiting, another Golden Sun game! Well, that Golden Sun fan forum that I've been looking after for so long will be pleased.

Can I get a 'Thank you god'?

Hell yeah! That's what I'm talking about. If nothing else surprising comes out of E3 I'll still be happy with this! ^_^

No matter how many times I read it, I just keep getting more excited.

Damn...I've got no DS, but I love the GS series. I hope I can borrow it from a friend.

I was hoping for a console game, but 6 years in the waiting has made me just want another one. I am so happy.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

God damn finally. It's been 3 years since I gave my Golden Sun to a repair... and they never could repair it. I got my cash back, but I'd rather have the game :/

I CAN'T WAIT DAMN IT.

Time to steal my brother's DS again.

blackadvent:

Thank you God

This is the best news I've ever seen on the Interwebs. I can't believe it, I honestly believed the franchise had died. Time to replay GS and GS:TLA in preparation.

Nice.

Looks like I need to buy a DS now.

Possibly the best thing to come from Nintendos confrence today

YES YES!!! I too have to replay the others. ahhh *^_^*

this is the greatest news that i have heard in quite some time so please Nintendo I'm begging you, can you please for the love of god not fuck this up? if this next game is a worthy successor to the franchise i will personally go out and purchase a Nintendo DS light...and maybe a mod chip cartridge...

Fuck yes! The Golden Sun games are the best unknown RPG games in history.

I just hope Nintendo doesn't fuck everything up by making it "casual" or adding stupid DSi-centric camera gimmicks.

Earnest Cavalli:

I just hope Nintendo doesn't fuck everything up by making it "casual" or adding stupid DSi-centric camera gimmicks.

This is my one greatest fear next to sentient spiders.

Earnest Cavalli:

This. And my one biggest fear is that the game will centre around the Adepts' children.

PLEASE, NO. It's so cliche that it will actually put me off buying the game if that's how it turns out. But the previous two were so awesome that I have faith.

Y'know...looking back at my previous comment of simply saying "nice," I'm excited at the prospect of a new Golden Sun, but then I remembered what system they're releasing it on: The Nintendo DS. Inevitably, they're going to throw in some asinine, useless, moronic touch-screen gimmick for shits and giggles. Now if it was maybe for alchemy and you use the stylus for crushing ingredients in a mortar and pestle, that might not be bad. Actually...lemme write that down, I might want to hold on to that idea. But chances are they're going to incorporate it into combat by making you wildly slice away at the touch screen to swing your sword or some shit.

Plus, if I know Nintendo, the entire time the game's going on you're not once going to see the main character talk in cutscenes. Think about it, in all of Golden Sun, all the dialogue from your party came from Garet, Mia and Ivan, hell even Jenna spoke more than Isaac, and then in The Lost Age you never heard Felix talk and all the exposition came from Sheba, Piers (SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HIS NAME?!) and and Jenna. Hell, once Isaac's party joined Felix's, he finally took the cork out of his mouth and spouted more dialogue than Felix.

One other leery look I have against GSDS (Golden Sun DS) is they're going to turn it more into a typical JRPG. What does that mean? Horrible cutscene-to-action ratio, characters are androgynous 12-year-olds in pajamas who don't have any personalities and all the bad guys' motivations are "because I feel like it," among other complaints. Oh, and all the villages are transformed into sterotypical japanese towns in JRPGs.

Anyway, enough mean-spirited naysaying. We're getting more Golden Sun, bitches!

I...I've been waiting so long for this day to come...and now that it's here...I can't think of anything to say, other than, Nintendo and Camelot, thank you from the bottom of my gamer heart, I promise I shall abstain from making any more jokes about Nintendo....for a while.
Really though, this is the best news to come out of what has already been a cracking E3, now the only problem will be the agonizing waiting.

YEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAWWWWW that's all I can say about this news very very awesome

Balderdash:
Looks like I need to buy a DS now.

makes two of us. would be worth getting one just to play GS3. can't wait.

The trailer was well done for a DS title. And the fact that I get to use Ramses, Atatlanta and Eclipse all as summons again is great. I don't care how the game is, I will get it just to finally feel some closure. And I still like the silent protagonist over the crappy dialogue speaker

I always love Traditional RPG's on the DS, even if they are from series's with some very deluded fans.

Hopefully this one has better scenaro design than the others.

Im gonna wait until my friend buys a DSi and grab his DS for this one. EPIC!

Darkrai:

blackadvent:

Thank you God

AMEN!

I never cared much for Golden Sun but this is the first that I really, really want to buy.

I hope for a standalone plot. I completely forgot the plot of the first two and no longer have them. Nor do I have the time to replay them with the influx of awesome DS games.

Earnest Cavalli:

Really, I think it is one of the few games that could actually make proper use of the touch screen; I mean, half the time in the old games, you were trying to get the magical, disembodied hand to be where you wanted it to be, right?

And lets just hope for a, "Skip cutscene" button next time...

Earnest Cavalli:

I really don't get this...

I didn't like Golden Sun AT ALL... and I love ALL RPG's...

What am I missing here...

I really wanted to like it but I found it so slow, cliche'd and poorly plotted that I couldn't take it.

this is brilliant. i thought that the initial golden suns were incredible, and if this is as good, i will be locked in my room for a week when it comes out.

PedroSteckecilo:

Earnest Cavalli:

I really don't get this...

I didn't like Golden Sun AT ALL... and I love ALL RPG's...

What am I missing here...

I really wanted to like it but I found it so slow, cliche'd and poorly plotted that I couldn't take it.

Maybe consider that a lot of us had Golden Sun as a relativly new RPG at the time of it's release and what cliches it did. It did well.

Also for gamers who are usually spoiled on a game that treats every god damn country as a european kingdom if you get OFF the continent your on here we had a game that not only showed you a world. But one very closed to our own yet steeped in myth and fantasy.

And at the time Psyenergy was a big use on the field as off the field. One of the few things the touch screen could make REALLY fucking innovative.

In short Golden Sun was never the greatest game but the sum of all it's elements made it a pretty damn good one.

Did you play through both games or just Golden Sun 1? I say track down a rom and play both and see if after a few years your idea on it has changed.

The Great JT:
character talk in cutscenes. Think about it, in all of Golden Sun, all the dialogue from your party came from Garet, Mia and Ivan, hell even Jenna spoke more than Isaac, and then in The Lost Age you never heard Felix talk and all the exposition came from Sheba, Piers (SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HIS NAME?!) and and Jenna. Hell, once Isaac's party joined Felix's, he finally took the cork out of his mouth and spouted more dialogue than Felix.

One other leery look I have against GSDS (Golden Sun DS) is they're going to turn it more into a typical JRPG. What does that mean? Horrible cutscene-to-action ratio, characters are androgynous 12-year-olds in pajamas who don't have any personalities and all the bad guys' motivations are "because I feel like it," among other complaints. Oh, and all the villages are transformed into sterotypical japanese towns in JRPGs.

The Great JT:
Y'know...looking back at my previous comment of simply saying "nice," I'm excited at the prospect of a new Golden Sun, but then I remembered what system they're releasing it on: The Nintendo DS. Inevitably, they're going to throw in some asinine, useless, moronic touch-screen gimmick for shits and giggles. Now if it was maybe for alchemy and you use the stylus for crushing ingredients in a mortar and pestle, that might not be bad. Actually...lemme write that down, I might want to hold on to that idea. But chances are they're going to incorporate it into combat by making you wildly slice away at the touch screen to swing your sword or some shit.

Plus, if I know Nintendo, the entire time the game's going on you're not once going to see the main character talk in cutscenes. Think about it, in all of Golden Sun, all the dialogue from your party came from Garet, Mia and Ivan, hell even Jenna spoke more than Isaac, and then in The Lost Age you never heard Felix talk and all the exposition came from Sheba, Piers (SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HIS NAME?!) and and Jenna. Hell, once Isaac's party joined Felix's, he finally took the cork out of his mouth and spouted more dialogue than Felix.

Actually if I remember correctly, Felix said one word in GS:TLA. That word was "Why?"

Grayjack72:

The Great JT:
character talk in cutscenes. Think about it, in all of Golden Sun, all the dialogue from your party came from Garet, Mia and Ivan, hell even Jenna spoke more than Isaac, and then in The Lost Age you never heard Felix talk and all the exposition came from Sheba, Piers (SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HIS NAME?!) and and Jenna. Hell, once Isaac's party joined Felix's, he finally took the cork out of his mouth and spouted more dialogue than Felix.

[ate it into combat by making you wildly slice away at the touch screen to swing your sword or some

Actually if I remember correctly, Felix said one word in GS:TLA. That word was "What?"

Edit: Damn, double quote and post.

Wow, I'd actualy given up on them finishing the third part of this trilogy. I'm glad I was wrong.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here