Zelda Fan Auctions Ocarina-Shaped Piece of Chicken

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Zelda Fan Auctions Ocarina-Shaped Piece of Chicken

When a Zelda fan discovered an ocarina-shaped chicken tender at McDonald's, he thought it was a treasure worthy of selling on eBay. He was wrong.

Some people see Abraham Lincoln or The Virgin Mary in their junk food. Others, meanwhile, see iconic videogame items. That's what happened to a resident of Bloomington, Minnesota, who ventured into a McDonald's craving some deep friend chicken substance and instead emerged with what he thought was an utter treasure.

"The shining beam of light accompanied by the melodic Zelda jingle blared out of the chicken select treasure box that was handed to me by a late night, tired, acne infested teenage boy as I opened it and discovered what lay in wait for me," eBay user 0iz0 wrote. What he had was a chicken select that looked almost (almost) like the ocarina from the Legend of Zelda series.

Naturally, 0iz0's first thought wasn't to eat the thing, but to try to make some money off of it on eBay. "Anyone who is a true Zelda fan must get this precious gem of unintentional craftsmanship!" he declared. Don't pass this opportunity, for I am certain you will be able to make great music and friends with this golden nugget!"

This time around, one man's treasure was indeed everyone else's garbage. Though the tender does bear some likeness to the ocarina (or maybe Boba Fett's ship from the side), I guess the $25 starting bid was too much to swallow for any potential buyers. He even offered free shipping, but oh well. Maybe he'll put it up for auction again, hopefully after freezing the thing.

[Via Joystiq]

Ha ha ha! Someone needs to add this in the dictionary under:

He's not very bright, is he?

slow news day?

i want the soon to be rotting piece of chicken!

No, but they'll buy the Christ Toast and the Mary Grease Stain.

He should have said it looks like Jesus's hand, reaching out to the world. Then the $25 would have been far too low.

Yes because there will be legions, if hell all, a mass exodus of retarded fucking fanboys lining up to dump millions of dollars just to walk away with stupid fucking shit.

Not bright. Not bright at all.

No image expresses my feelings about this better then:

TheBluesader:
No, but they'll buy the Christ Toast and the Mary Grease Stain.

He should have said it looks like Jesus's hand, reaching out to the world. Then the $25 would have been far too low.

Ocarina of Time was much more interesting than most of the religions I've come across.

It's a damn shame nobody was stupid enough to buy this.
If they'd choked to death on it, they'd surely have won a Darwin Award.

If you ask me it kind of looks like a gun.
But thats just me.

And anyone else start to want some chicken after reading this?

As bad as this is, it's still not the worst eBay story. That honor goes to the guy who sold, as was described "absolutely nothing," for forty dollars. Untill I see something top that, I won't be surprised by eBay.

lol, this made me laugh. Thanks for brightening up my day.

Recession's that bad, huh?

Holy mother of unintentional comedy! This is just so wrong, I canīt even grasp the whole magnitude of its wrongness.

HardRockSamurai:
Ha ha ha! Someone needs to add this in the dictionary under:

Truly so. Like being hit in the face with a brick shaped like a fail.

EDIT: I seem to be in an unusually foul mood today, and the world isnīt making it any better. This is what I meant to say:

-Zen-:
He's not very bright, is he?

Chaossebba:

That is the most awesome image ever created.

randommaster:
As bad as this is, it's still not the worst eBay story. That honor goes to the guy who sold, as was described "absolutely nothing," for forty dollars. Untill I see something top that, I won't be surprised by eBay.

A piece of toast WITHOUT a picture of Jesus on it. 50 dollars.

Saw it on Jay Leno.

Why not just spend the like, two bucks and get an actual ocarina? They even come in powder blue, so you can be just as cool as Fagballs--I mean Link.

This? Blah, give me a Fat Man French Fry.

ive got plenty of chicken pieces shaped like that, a today i got a crisp like Gary Linikers ears.

buy teh haloz:
Yes because there will be legions, if hell all, a mass exodus of retarded fucking fanboys lining up to dump millions of dollars just to walk away with stupid fucking shit.

I don't know. It seems to work for gaming companies.

I guess it must be a slow news day.

Chaossebba:

This,

HardRockSamurai:

and this.

randommaster:

I see your $40 nothingness and raise it a Ģ5000 photograph of a Corvette.

My friend sold a photograph of a car for Ģ5000. It even said at the bottom of the listing "Note: Just a Picture".

When the schmuck got what he paid for, he tried to sue him, and lost because of the disclaimer.

No one purchased it? Just goes to show how smart the Zelda fans are. :)

Gormourn:

buy teh haloz:

Sure, look at half of Nintendo's peripherals. Namely the Wii Zapper.

buy teh haloz:

Gormourn:

buy teh haloz:

Sure, look at half of Nintendo's peripherals. Namely the Wii Zapper.

/thread

List of crazy:1 realigous zealots
close to even now
2 zelda fanboys
3 cosplayers

Of course, something like this could only have happened in my state, 10 minutes from my city no less. Then again, some guy in northern Minnesota was selling air he "canned" in a Folgers tin, claiming it to be the cleanest air in America. I guess the ocarina chicken isn't all that shocking.

All I have to say is...WTF!?

wow....must have been desperate for a buck i see

wrecker77:
slow news day?

The beauty of this website is that even on a fast news day, they can place this on the site without using air-time.

*facepalm* I love the legend of zelda but I am not paying for a piece of chicken, a real ocarina maybe but not a piece of chicken.

I think this sums up my feelings pretty well.

Chaossebba:

maybe this article has gotten me stupid, but wth is that supposed to be?

this is pathetic, I have gotten alot of peices of chicken that ook like that, whos gonna give this guy anything for soething that will be rotted by the time they got it, and they could go get a fresh one frem McD's

coxafloppin:
ive got plenty of chicken pieces shaped like that, a today i got a crisp like Gary Linikers ears.

That's from a show, but I can't rmemeber which one...
This is going to bug me, you must tell me.
*grabs your shirt*
You MUST tell me!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook