Battlefield 1943 Players Amass 43 Million Kills on 360

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Battlefield 1943 Players Amass 43 Million Kills on 360

Battlefield 1943 players on Xbox 360 have already reached the 43 million kill count in a matter of days, unlocking a new map and mode for the game. PS3 players, meanwhile, are lagging a bit behind.

I didn't think you guys had it in you, but apparently you are bloodthirsty group of indomitable mother f'ers. In less than a week, Battlefield 1943 players on the Xbox 360 racked up 43 million kills. That's around what conservative estimates peg as the number killed in World War II. It's also the number gamers would have to reach in order to unlock the Coral Sea map and Air Superiority mode for the game.

And so you did it. There were five million slain on the first day alone, but the Coral Sea challenge, didn't officially begin until four days ago. If DICE started counting on the 10th, that means players killed 43 million people in less than four days. That's a goddamn massacre.

The lucky chap who scored the 43 millionth kill was an Xbox Liver by the name of James aka jkasapi from Peterborough, England. For his honorable service, James is the recipient of a 1943 t-shirt, custom Battlefield sneakers, and a pair of 1943 sunglasses. I presume these are clothes for his Avatar, but I could be wrong.

Meanwhile, the PS3 Battlefield community is lagging behind with a comparatively paltry 23 million kills. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though, PS3 owners. It means that some of you still have hearts, that you won't kill in droves in order to unlock a new dogfighting mode. It means, deep down, somewhere inside, you're still human.

The new game mode is pretty sweet..........when you can actually get into a god-damn plane...

Keane Ng:
Meanwhile, the PS3 Battlefield community is lagging behind with a comparatively paltry 23 million kills. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though, PS3 owners. It means that some of you still have hearts, that you won't kill in droves in order to unlock a new dogfighting mode. It means, deep down, somewhere inside, you're still human.

Yeah.. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it's probably got something with PSN having WAY less users on it, than Xbox Live does.

Also, great! Then I know I'll have a new game mode and all when I get into the game! :D

When does it come out for PC? When both consoles have 43 million community kills?

O_O?! 43 MILLION KILLS IN 4 DAYS?!

That's a scary amount, but if it's for a new arena...

Keane Ng:
The lucky chap who scored the 43 millionth kill was an Xbox Liver by the name of James aka jkasapi from Peterborough, England. For his honorable service, James is the recipient of a 1943 t-shirt, custom Battlefield sneakers, and a pair of 1943 sunglasses. I presume these are clothes for his Avatar, but I could be wrong.

I'd assume the opposite. Getting the 43 millionth kill on a game, thus unlocking a new area, that would be something pretty special to him, and a bit of a rip off if they were merely for his avatar.

Oh, dear god, they're dying like flies in a fly massacring device! Stop this inhumanity and let the poor men go!

Ahem. Really, it's just a bit surprising.

Wow.

Ah yes, we 360 owners are vicious bastards aren't we?

Hey, if I had $17 in my PSN wallet I'd buy it, but I don't.

Shock:Even I could not kill so many meatbags in such a short amount of time. These meatbags must be true examples to their kind!

We PS3 owners don't shoot everything that moves.

Unless it looks at us funny... *looks across room at Terminator poster*

Maybe one more week...

Is this the same game that has been on PC for ages? It looks so much better, did they re-make it?

Awesome game. Played it back when it was 'Battlefield 1942' and then when they brought out Desert Combat and DC Final... was brilliant to see that they brought it back to the old way of playing again. Battlefield 2 i thought was dire and just so happy to be back on the new(oldschool-battlefield) battlefield 1943!

Advise all and everyone to get it! I am suprised its actually been THAT popular but it is an amazing game i suppose...

No the one that was out on the PC for AGES was 'Battleifield 1942'... this one is pretty much a re-make...

I dont know why but I really like this game but WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is impressive....

Danny Ocean:
Is this the same game that has been on PC for ages? It looks so much better, did they re-make it?

Yikes, you're a bit behind the news aren't you?

This is a new game called Battlefield 1943 that uses the Frostbite engine featured in Battlefield Bad Company. It is a downloadable game on Xbox Live, PSN, and I think PC too.

Basically it's a condensed version of a regular BF game (less players, less classes, regenerating health, some other stuff) but with the Frostbite engine giving nice visuals and physics. It's been getting good reviews, mainly because it's a fairly big game for a downloadable title.

....But yeah, it's kind of a remake of Battlefield 1942.

YurdleTheTurtle:

Danny Ocean:

Yikes, you're a bit behind the news aren't you?

This is a new game called Battlefield 1943 that uses the Frostbite engine featured in Battlefield Bad Company. It is a downloadable game on Xbox Live, PSN, and I think PC too.

Basically it's a condensed version of a regular BF game (less players, less classes, regenerating health, some other stuff) but with the Frostbite engine giving nice visuals and physics. It's been getting good reviews, mainly because it's a fairly big game for a downloadable title.

....But yeah, it's kind of a remake of Battlefield 1942.

Oh I see. That's why I was confused. I was thinking of 1942. Right. Thanks for the info.

Holy bugger, how many kills that quickly? Wow that kinda makes me ashamed to be a PS3 owner.

The PS3'ers can keep their humanity, we get a new level!

Although i actually haven't gotten around to buying this just yet, it's a nice thought that i'll be able to walk right into this new mode :D

Mindblow:
Holy bugger, how many kills that quickly? Wow that kinda makes me ashamed to be a PS3 owner.

It just shows PS3 owners have other games to play other than Battlefield 1943 lol.

they should make a new challage i need to kill!

I helped! And I am greatly enjoying the Coral Sea map because I dominate in it. Out of 5 matches I played, in 3 of them I was #1 by far. It was awesome. I was slaughtering the enemy.

Except for some reason the sound for my plane's machine guns broke. Even when I switched to a normal match of Iwo Jima.

There will be a PC version of BF1943, it's not out yet.

JonahNYC:
There will be a PC version of BF1943, it's not out yet.

Isn't that Battlefield 1942?

Finished installing all my games to my new HDD so I'm going to be helping out the PSN people tomorrow!
Yay, I'm so excited.

THAT AWESOME!!!! Not so much the xbox massacre, more that game's company doing the contest.

Crazy, I've only had time to play it for a few hours so far. Is the Coral Sea map the same kind of affair as the PC version, as in you have to sink the other teams carrier to win? If so, cool, but the planes are damn tricky to control without a joystick! >_<

Yeah we did!

And...

HardRockSamurai:
Ah yes, we 360 owners are vicious bastards aren't we?

Yeah we are! *High five*

I have been sniping away to help with that and when I turned it on today, there it was.

I even killed a bunch of snipers on a hill with a knife, they were all facing away from each other and I killed the one that saw me before he could shoot... I wish I had caught it on video, cos' now only the snipers that I murdered know how much that ruled. :D

NoMoreSanity:
Shock:Even I could not kill so many meatbags in such a short amount of time. These meatbags must be true examples to their kind!

You arent a 360-er, NMS?

Hmm, well I shall take that as a compliment seen as I helped with that. :D

The reason there isn't as many kills on the PSN is that two days ago peace was brokered between the two sides, and now we live together in mutual love and respect. No one has died and the rivers of blood are starting to scab over. We sent diplomats over onto XBL to help them come to a peaceful cease-fire, however all our envoys where teabagged to death.

I wonder how long it will take them to kill everyone on the planet

maybe the fact that the ps3 is "lagging" behinnd is that there are 9M more 360's than ps3's and beside the number of excluses that are coming out means we would kinda like to save our money. iknow i am.

And I don't even own this game. When I get it, the kill count is going to skyrocket... because of everyone killing me.

Looks pretty sweet and the only thing that was really stopping me from getting it was the fact that I thought the community might be small.

Wow, that is vicious, anyone know the killcount for CoD4? I think this could beat it.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here