Twelfth Pokemon Movie Sets Guinness Records

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Doesn't actually surprise me all that much, considering the absolutely staggering Japanese sale numbers on Pokemon games. More than Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy combined.

I watched Pokemon The First Movie, enjoyed it, then I watched Pokemon 2000, enjoyed that one as well, but when I watched 3 and was disappointed, I stopped watching Pokemon movies because I knew it was gonna suffer from making too many movies that sucked and it did, I guess because the movies have lost popularity, that after 3 it did suck. Pokemon has seemed to be going downhill for a while now, only the games keep it popular anywhere else other than Japan lol.

ssgt splatter:

Hardcore_gamer:
It's Japan what do you expect.

And just for the heck of it, here is a interesting fact: The boy and the star of the films/episodes is suppose to be 10 years old, there are only 365 days in a single year and yet the number of pokemon episodes featuring the boy vastly exceeds that number. So unless he has like 3 or 4 adventures a day, the whole thing makes next to no sense.

since in the 9th movie his voice gets deeper so he must of hit puberty somewhere between movies 8 and 9

Actually, the reason for his deeper voice is that they are STILL using the same voice actors so it's actually the actor who has gotten older but not the boy in the show. LOl!

Did I read that right? TWELVE??? I knew there was at least 5, but 12????

Hardcore_gamer:

ssgt splatter:

Hardcore_gamer:

And just for the heck of it, here is a interesting fact: The boy and the star of the films/episodes is suppose to be 10 years old, there are only 365 days in a single year and yet the number of pokemon episodes featuring the boy vastly exceeds that number. So unless he has like 3 or 4 adventures a day, the whole thing makes next to no sense.

since in the 9th movie his voice gets deeper so he must of hit puberty somewhere between movies 8 and 9

Actually, the reason for his deeper voice is that they are STILL using the same voice actors so it's actually the actor who has gotten older but not the boy in the show. LOl!

actually his voice actor has changed, 4kids lost the rights to Pokemon USA, and of course the american fanbase declared it RUINED FOREVER!!! just like they have with the introduction of every generation since the original.

The only thing to symbolize Ash's character development as he's advanced from idiot hero to (mostly) being the mentor to whichever is the new girl who does contests. But according to Word of God he is STILL 10.

Onmi:

Hardcore_gamer:

ssgt splatter:

Hardcore_gamer:

actually his voice actor has changed, 4kids lost the rights to Pokemon USA, and of course the american fanbase declared it RUINED FOREVER!!! just like they have with the introduction of every generation since the original.

The only thing to symbolize Ash's character development as he's advanced from idiot hero to (mostly) being the mentor to whichever is the new girl who does contests. But according to Word of God he is STILL 10.

Wait.....when did this happen? In what season did the voice actors change? And do the other people in the show also get new voice actors?

The last Pokemon movie I saw was Jirachi. I didn't know they still made these...

Witty-Name:
A lot of Japanese shows get movies every summer...
Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, etc.

It's also worth pointing out that there's usually some sort of perk involved with watching a Pokemon movie in Japan - typically a download of an exclusive or special edition Pokemon. For Aruseusu: Choukoku no Jikuu e it's a special edition Arceus, I'm guessing there's a lot of players who would see the movie just for the sake of the exclusive Pokemon.

Good to see SOMEBODY actually gets why this is happening. The release of Arceus along with the ticket probably helped this out a lot, since it will now be possible to have every single pokemon without hacking the game.

Personally, I remain uninpressed at twelve movies, especially considering that since you get a rare pokemon when you attend the premier in Japan, which is why it has continued to make money. Also, just for the record, Land before time has fifteen/sixteen movies, and there's no promotional giveaway to go with those. Also, the franchise with the most movie entries is the 007 series, but nobody ever complains about that.

Hardcore_gamer:

Onmi:

Hardcore_gamer:

ssgt splatter:

Hardcore_gamer:

Wait.....when did this happen? In what season did the voice actors change? And do the other people in the show also get new voice actors?

Uhh lets see I think Battle Frontier leading into DP, I sorta never watched the show about half way through johto (when I figured out it literally existed to promote the games) Everyone got changed up, the old Meowth is dead, they mostly got sound alikes (but not exactly) translation is more consistent now (rice balls are not donuts, and have never BEEN donuts, then again it was the same company who changed the rifles in One Piece to squirt guns so why should I even get outraged anymore)

romitelli:
Ahh, I see, it's them little french doggies.

Bichon-Friese.

Right, another Pokemon movie...I ain't surprised, but Pokemon games became distant to me after Sapphire and Ruby, and in the anime, that happened once the first voice actor changed. It got worse too, they weren't happy screwing with Ash, oh no, they went after Jessie and James...so disappointing.

MalevolentJim:

Kriptonite:

MalevolentJim:
Would it be ironic if the 13th one failed miserably?

Thank you. You absolutely made my day! /\\ Pure unfiltered awesome here!

...Your welcome? o.O

That was just absolutely hilarious.

I utterly lost track of these after the third one came out. If I'm being honest, I'm surprised there's only 12.

I have a feeling this is relevant: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=263
But 12 movies? I only saw 2000.

DigitalJedl:

Caprice0083:
Dammit man, pokeshyt just won't die. Their stupidity of made up animals saying their names to talk is still rotting brains!

Some of them actually speak English. But, hey you dislike Pokemon, so you wouldn't know that.

I actually do know that (most of the movies the antagonist and protagonist pokemon do speak english) but the majority of the series does not. I talk shyt about stuff I know dude.

Caprice0083:

DigitalJedl:

Caprice0083:
Dammit man, pokeshyt just won't die. Their stupidity of made up animals saying their names to talk is still rotting brains!

Some of them actually speak English. But, hey you dislike Pokemon, so you wouldn't know that.

I actually do know that (most of the movies the antagonist and protagonist pokemon do speak english) but the majority of the series does not. I talk shyt about stuff I know dude.

Understandable.

DigitalJedl:

Caprice0083:

DigitalJedl:

Caprice0083:

Understandable.

In the beginning I liked it when it was just Ash, Misty, and Brock but with all these flips and new characters and new BS, it ruined it for me just like Sega ruined Sonic The Hedgehog!

Caprice0083:

DigitalJedl:

Caprice0083:

DigitalJedl:

Caprice0083:

Understandable.

In the beginning I liked it when it was just Ash, Misty, and Brock but with all these flips and new characters and new BS, it ruined it for me just like Sega ruined Sonic The Hedgehog!

"They Changed it Now it Sucks" and "Ruined FOREVER!" Man I need to find out which has a more broken base, Transformers or Pokemon

Onmi:

"They Changed it Now it Sucks" and "Ruined FOREVER!" Man I need to find out which has a more broken base, Transformers or Pokemon

Do you by chance roam TV Tropes, cause you use a lot of there terminology.

Eric the Orange:

Onmi:

Eric the Orange:

Onmi:

I do indeed, I have lost many a nights sleep and gained many an extra mark from impressed media teachers

Nimbus:
Twelve? Christ!...

And I thought dragonball was drawn-out...

ya, pretty much anyone who i have talked to who plays the new games says that they should just end the series, its gone too far, and it stopped being good in the US when they stopped paying real voice actors what? 3-4 years ago? i can get people to admit that while original-Johto are the best, Pokemon Advance was still good. the series feels drawn out, dull, and unimaginative now

all i can say is, damn. not because its the 12 movie, because of its new record. wonder how many movies they will still make

MalevolentJim:
Would it be ironic if the 13th one failed misreably?

Nope. Its purpose does not contradict what happened to it, nor does it meet any of the other conditions.

And yet Ash still can't be arsed to evolve Pikachu...

God. I can't even comprehend that title. Pokemon has become so confusing.

pimppeter2:
God. I can't even comprehend that title. Pokemon has become so confusing.

Nah that's not Pokemon, just the Japanese language.
The actual title doesn't translate all that well.

I've only seen 4 pokemon movies

1-the first pokemon movie with mewtwo
2-the second one with the legendary bird pokemon
3-the 3rd one who lost her mom/dad and she had entri pokemon
4-mewtwo revenge

EmileeElectro:
The first movie made me cry XD

Any one who doesn't cry when ash gets turned to stone and pikachu starts crying must be made of stone themselves.

12 Does seem a bit excessive but hey, it it sells this many tickets I can't see it stopping any time soon

pfff... it was fun when there were around 150 pokemons. around now there are thousands! how can you catch them all! even the pokeballs needed for that would fill a warehouse!

493 to be precise. Catching most of them is a challenge but it is possible...the real trouble is that every generation they raise the number of stupid event-only legendaries. Once upon it was just Mew, now it's Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus. Plus you need to play Pokemon Ranger in order to get Manaphy and then breed it in order to get Phione. It's fine if you happen to live in Japan because they're well catered for when it comes to events but for the rest of the world it's a pain.

Nimbus:
Twelve? Christ!...

And I thought dragonball was drawn-out...

Dragon Ball was actually telling a story though, Pokemon is just a series of unrelated 22 minuet events. That's what's really surprising.

i think i saw the first 3, me and my friend got one of them out of the attic the other day just for fun and watched it, it was shockingly bad!

yourbeliefs:
There were 12 of these things?

But are they SURE that this had the most advanced purchases EVER? You're telling me movies like The Dark Knight, Harry Potter, Transformers, or Iron Man didn't get more advanced ticket sales than the TWELFTH movie in a fledgling franchise?

It's the most for an animated movie. frankly, I want to see this because I still hold out hope that there will be another good pokemon movie

I thought the record was going to be for the most movies. They must at least be close on that one.

yankeefan19:

yourbeliefs:

But are they SURE that this had the most advanced purchases EVER? You're telling me movies like The Dark Knight, Harry Potter, Transformers, or Iron Man didn't get more advanced ticket sales than the TWELFTH movie in a fledgling franchise?

It's the most for an animated movie. frankly, I want to see this because I still hold out hope that there will be another good pokemon movie

Wait, hold up. There's such a thing as a good pokemon movie? The franchise's games were cute, but the series has since become an undead franchise that exists to milk as much cake as possible from the series. Hasn't the kid won the entire world already?

It's hardly surprising, though. The Japanese have such excellent merchandising strategies, it'd be more astonishing for the movie to flop.

UncleAsriel:

yankeefan19:

yourbeliefs:

Wait, hold up. There's such a thing as a good pokemon movie? The franchise's games were cute, but the series has since become an undead franchise that exists to milk as much cake as possible from the series. Hasn't the kid won the entire world already?

It's hardly surprising, though. The Japanese have such excellent merchandising strategies, it'd be more astonishing for the movie to flop.

I actually enjoyed the first 2 movies, and if you didn't, well you are entitled to your opinion.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here