Marc Ecko Creates the World's Ugliest Halo T-Shirts

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Susan Arendt:
You know, I thought the yellow one was kind of ok, until I saw the "Pwn" on the shoulder.

dammit, i thought that one would make a nice print until you said that.

I like the sniper one.
others..not so much.

Hmmm, not that bad. Gaudy, yeah, and they mark you as a Halo fan, which may not be desirable, but I've seen worse.

The stormtrooper hoodie... it's not really BAD... it's just incredibly nerdy.

[Edit] Ok, I take that back. It IS bad.

http://images2.powerreviews.com/media_popup.html?type=image&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpowerreviews.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fimages_customers%2F08%2F85%2F6228268_55032_full.jpg

I think it's pretty accurate to presume that I'm not the only one who wants Mark Ecko to leave gaming alone.

His constant jumps into the franchise just leave all the fans of whatever series he's desecrating with a bad taste in their mouth.

Sort of like when Uwe Boll does anything...
Ever.

It's like they didn't even try... stupid ghetto gangsta clothes. If I ever saw someone wearing that, I would hang my head in shame. It's funny how we look back on 80's fashion with disgust when people in our time wear this.

FightThePower:
That isn't actually that bad. I would never wear it, but it isn't an abomination, I've seen far worse.

I agree. I even think this one is pretty arty:

Wahahahahahahaha...

Sigel:
Yuck-I would not get one even if they were free and came with a puppy.

Not even if you could use the T-shirt to toilet train your puppy? And the puppy was called Wiggles?

I kinda liked the sniper one.

The yellow one is cool.

The top middle is the lesser of six evils in my opinion. (And now for the really geeky reference...) It's like saying that Diablo was a lesser evil than Baal. Yes, I am sorry, but it was the first evil thing that I thought of - though that probably doesn't say much for me. Anyway, back on topic. I'm not a Halo fan so I wouldn't wear a Halo T-shirt anyway, but those are truly vile. Of course my opinion, like everyone's, is subjective and there may be people out there who would wear one of those with pride; I just feel that he/she (I know it's unlikely for said person to be a girl, but it's not impossible) is in the minority.

So I guess these are for wiggers who happen to game in their free time?

I kinda like the yellow one, everything else is shite.

Wow each of those t-shirts cost over thirty dollars each. That is a major rip off for a piece of clothing.

Susan Arendt:
You know, I thought the yellow one was kind of ok, until I saw the "Pwn" on the shoulder.

fix-the-spade:

But the yellow one's nice, if only because he was a bit more disciplined in his composition and he used such a strong background colour.

Ecko's best when he uses a limited palette, it counters his tendecny to have visual diahorea.

Agreed. If they'd left off all the unnecessary craptacular "leet-speak", it would've been a fairly respectable and definitely bold design. Something I might've picked up for wearing around the house, not out in public.

Those Halo t's were pretty lazily put together, as are a lot of shirts he designed. I do like a few of the Star Wars shirts, though. Particularly "Storm Trooper Sketch", "Storm Brewin", and the Boba Fett hoodie.

Didn't Marc Ecko make a "game?"

I use that term lightly. Something along the lines of;

"Marc Ecko's Getting Up: .... (Can't remember the rest)"

Basically it is about graffiti. Enough said.

I really don't understand fashion sense nowadays.. People were paying over 50 bucks for a pair of Nike's supposively signed by some sports star, and now they want you to shell out 30 dollars for a hideous t-shirt that is so hyped up on sparkles that it practically shits out pixie fairies!

DEAR GOD WHAT HAS HUMANITY COME TO!?!

if i said what i really thought id probably get banned. but they need to stick to their own stuff and leave the gamers out of it.

He's probably some fat slob, with a goatee and a shaved head who wears denim shorts. Gross.

hahahahahaha I totally know a guy who will probably buy this because: 1. He wears Ecko shit all the time 2. He loves halo 3. He is quite rich.

You know, this thread's topic could have been "Marc Ecko Creates the World's Ugliest _______" and it would have the same impact. Marc Ecko is a tool.

I laugh at the people who pay $200 for something that keeps you warm, something I get at discount stores for $10 without looking like a complete douchebag.

The Rogue Wolf:

Susan Arendt:

fix-the-spade:

But the yellow one's nice, if only because he was a bit more disciplined in his composition and he used such a strong background colour.

Ecko's best when he uses a limited palette, it counters his tendecny to have visual diahorea.

Agreed. If they'd left off all the unnecessary craptacular "leet-speak", it would've been a fairly respectable and definitely bold design. Something I might've picked up for wearing around the house, not out in public.

Yes, if the stupid wording wasn't on there, it would've been quite interesting (though I personally look terrible in yellow, I still like the overall aesthetic) but as it is, it's just painful.

Oh god my eyes.

never been a huge fan of this ecko or whatever line anyway. The whole line of clothing just looks plain tacky. And yet young impressionable idiots eat this shit up.

I guess this is the kind of thing you need to wear excessive amounts of bling and listen to hip hop to really understand, because I honestly don't.

I like Ecko designs, but this shirt is horrible. Granted I would never wear a Halo shirt. Or any video game shirt for that matter.

It's undoubtedly more in your face then any other Halo T-shirt, that dosn't make it bad for any reason. In fact, if you were going to a fight or something, im pretty sure the gold color and guns would be rather intimidating. Plus if you have extra cash, and you have a lack of sleep wear, its large size would be a great shirt to sleep in. Though for my personal taste, I like simple T-shirts, layered upon a long-sleeve button-up shirt, or if im feeling lazy, a Polo.

-This-is-Hip-Hop

What.....the fuck.....was he on?

And where can I get some?

What happened to the street art style?

*makes a 5min concept*

hebdomad:
What happened to the street art style?

*makes a 5min concept*

That, I might actually buy.

Especially if it came in black.

Mark's really starting to run out of ideas for his shirts, which is a shame since he's helped set a new standard for fashion design back in the 90's. It doesn't really help that the ones he's showcasing look like something you'd find off a 13 year-old's MySpace channel. Hell, the Master Stalker and Laser are the only ones that look semi-decent. The rest might as well should be taken out of production, dumped on a barge, and burned at sea where we will never see them again.

The Rogue Wolf:
[quote="hebdomad" post="7.127018.2689107"]What happened to the street art style?

*makes a 5min concept*
( Picture that went here is above anyway )
That, I might actually buy.

Especially if it came in black.

Funny you might say that...

I've uploaded the rest to my site.
http://hebdomad.jimdo.com/
Unfortunately nothing is for sale... yet.

LMAO, I'm loving the random placement of UNSC marines on the 3rd shirt.

Made my day.

Well atleast he tried, I'd never be caught wearing a video game t-shirt though. Maybe a Half Life one though.

I'm probably the biggest Halo fan most people will meet... and let me say that I won't touch any of these t-shirts. Especially not for ~$40.

The problem isn't the franchise, it's the designer; I took a peek at the rest of Ecko's site and he's really into hyper-busy jam-everything-in compositions. Sorry, not for me.

-- Steve

They don't fit my tastes, but hey, someone out there will love them.

Not my place to judge really: they're made in an art style that I don't appreciate.

No comment.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or