Marvel Boss Teases Avengers Movie

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Marvel Boss Teases Avengers Movie

It may be years away, but Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige seems to have the Avengers movie all figured out.

The Avengers movie may not be scheduled to even begin filming for another couple of years, but Kevin Feige, President of Marvel's movie division Marvel Studios is clearly a man who likes to think ahead. In an interview with CBR, Feige talked about the studio's plans for the 2012 movie.

We've already seen some cross-pollination between the movies, and that trend will continue, with Samuel L Jackson's Nicky Fury continuing to pop up all over the place. Fiege also said that Scarlett Johannsen has signed on to appear in the Avengers movie and that the appearance of the Hulk was also pretty likely, although was unsure whether or not Edward Norton would return to play the character.

With a Thor Movie in production and a Captain America movie scheduled to start shooting in October, and with the appearance of Hawkeye in Iron Man 2, it sounds like the line-up for is pretty much sorted. If all the upcoming Marvel movies are even half as good as Iron Man was, the Avengers movie is going to be quite an event.

Source: io9

Hopefully they fully follow the Ultimates instead of just taking snippets from it this time.

Please let them make this. I Love the Avengers!

Sweet, I have never really watched The Avengers but I love the superhero films so this should be good ^-^

This might be good. As long as Thor keeps his pants on! (obscure Avengers comic reference. cookie for whoever gets it.)

They need to get Norton back. He was amazing as Bruce Banner.

Whose playing John Steed?

This movie is going to be so long. Michael Bay long. Peter Jackson long, maybe.

nilcypher:
a Captain America movie scheduled to start shooting in October

Oh dear. There's no way that this movie could possibly work as anything other than blatant pro-America propaganda. It was bad enough in Spider-Man 3 when he landed in front of an American flag before going to fight Sandman and Venom. It was very obvious that the point of that scene was "America rules!". Captain America will be an entire movie's worth of that. The only way it could work would be if they didn't even try to hide the pro-America propaganda, and just make it really obvious and over-the-top. Then it could actually be quite entertaining.

If all the upcoming Marvel movies are even half as good as Iron Man was, the Avengers movie is going to be quite an event.

Yes, but if they're even half as crap as Fantastic Four, then we're in for a rough ride for the next few movies.

Yes but Marvel didn't make FF4.

The movies Marvel have been involved with, Iron Man and Hulk were pretty good, FF4 was a different studio, dofus.

Anachronism:
Yes, but if they're even half as crap as Fantastic Four, then we're in for a rough ride for the next few movies.

UGH. Iron Man was a great movie, but why the hell do they have to do a giant clusterfuck and have a bunch of other guys in there? Why can't they just make the Iron Man trilogy and STOP THERE? And who THE FUCK is Hawkeye?! I hate Marvel because of this Avenger bullshit and the fact that they seem completely incapable of making a decent Punisher film.

Yay! I like this inter-movie threading that they do, though I do worry they may pull more from the Ultimates than from classic Avengers.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Ultimates. But speaking realistically, you can't put the depth, twists and length of the Ultimates Saga into a 2 hour movie without fucking it up. Nope, sorry. A straight up original Avengers story though, perfectly fine. Heroes being heroes. Fighting the good fight, perhaps a LITTLE moral quandry...but that's it. They need to make this movie (or series of movies) accessible to a large audience in order to make it profitable and make more of them. Perfect example is the person who asked who Hawkeye was. Hawkeye, to anybody who has read any Avengers, is famous. to those who don't...they have no clue.

Oh, and do NOT have Hank Pym anywhere near these movies. He sucks, no question about it.

Dale Cooper:
Yes but Marvel didn't make FF4.

The movies Marvel have been involved with, Iron Man and Hulk were pretty good, FF4 was a different studio, dofus.

Anachronism:

yes, i know marvel didnt make final fantasy 4... ok... bad joke... and the picture of this article is from "civil war" and not from the avengers... im just saying.

Didn't they already tease at this with that thing after the credits of Iron Man?

They sort of need to make about two other films before this: namely, a Captain America one and a Thor one.

It's cool news though, especially since we already know Nick Fury is gonna be kickass.

Anachronism:

nilcypher:
a Captain America movie scheduled to start shooting in October

Oh dear. There's no way that this movie could possibly work as anything other than blatant pro-America propaganda. It was bad enough in Spider-Man 3 when he landed in front of an American flag before going to fight Sandman and Venom. It was very obvious that the point of that scene was "America rules!". Captain America will be an entire movie's worth of that. The only way it could work would be if they didn't even try to hide the pro-America propaganda, and just make it really obvious and over-the-top. Then it could actually be quite entertaining.

Well, yeah. You can't have a Captain AMERICA movie without it pointing out the good things that he, and by extention America, stands for. I know it's all the rage to criticise America, I bitch about my government too, but the IDEALS the country was founded upon, the principles that kids pledge allegience to in school, THOSE are rather unbitchable. Remember, the Cap came from WWII, when America could do no wrong and you saw what evil REALLY was. If the movie could recapture that (I have NO idea what they are doing for the plot), then there really isn't a problem.

You make it sound like pride in one's country is a bad thing. Yeah, the scene in Spider-Man 3 was cheesy, no arguement. Same with the pro-NYC scene in the first movie....dumb as all hell. But there IS a difference between Patriotism and Nationalism, and Cap could just as easily be a movie about defending America's values against the predations of it's government. And that WOULD be patriotic.

JaredXE:

Oh, and do NOT have Hank Pym anywhere near these movies. He sucks, no question about it.

There will be a Hank Pym movie.

FinalHeart95:
Didn't they already tease at this with that thing after the credits of Iron Man?

and in the Hulk movie as well

Souplex:
Hopefully they fully follow the Ultimates instead of just taking snippets from it this time.

i think they will take snippets from everywhere and go with what works, ie modernize the old story much like they did with Iron Man

Reeper0278:

JaredXE:

I want to hate you for telling me this.

Sooo, you think they're gonna get Lucy Liu or Brenda Song to play The Wasp? And do we get to see her get slapped about in the movie?

JaredXE:

Reeper0278:

JaredXE:

Sooo, you think they're gonna get Lucy Liu or Brenda Song to play The Wasp? And do we get to see her get slapped about in the movie?

Promises to be "more of a full-on action adventure sci-fi film but with a comedic element".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant-Man_(film)#Film
It redirects there.

Buahahahaha

Reeper0278:

JaredXE:

Reeper0278:

JaredXE:

Promises to be "more of a full-on action adventure sci-fi film but with a comedic element".

It redirects there.

Buahahahaha

Wait, wait. Oh thank god. It's ANT-MAN. They could just use the more famous Scott Lang version and skip Pym/Giant-Man/Yellow Jacket/Abusive Husband version.

JaredXE:

Reeper0278:

JaredXE:

Reeper0278:

JaredXE:

It redirects there.

Buahahahaha

Wait, wait. Oh thank god. It's ANT-MAN. They could just use the more famous Scott Lang version and skip Pym/Giant-Man/Yellow Jacket/Abusive Husband version.

The script has been written by Wright and Joe Cornish, who plan to include Henry Pym and Scott Lang as major characters, with Pym as Ant-Man in the 1960s in Tales to Astonish style, and a flashforward to Lang as Ant-Man's successor in the 1980s/1990s.[2]

So he will be in the movie, just in the beginning scene or half or section or whatever.

Why does every comic franchise have to have a cross over corner? justice league, the avengers, AvP... not to mention the dozens of variations within.

No really?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/

The thing that surprises me the most about this new superhero fad is that several seemingly awesome actors seems have bandwagoned it. Really thought that Robert Downey Junior and Edward Norton would have been less sellout than this.

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. Don't want to set myself up to be disappointed, like I did with Spider-Man 3.

Captain Pancake:
Why does every comic franchise have to have a cross over corner? justice league, the avengers, AvP... not to mention the dozens of variations within.

Is that a trick question?

I'm curious to see which instance of the Angers this movie will about. It seems to be the original Avengers (as opposed to the New Avengers) staring the late 1960 cast which includes Hawkeye and Black Widow. Would this mean that they're planning to shoot the complete Avenger storyline, including the Civil War and the Dark Avengers?

Scarlett Johannsen as Black Widow

Souplex:

Main Marvel Universe is the only worthwhile one.

Tarakos:
UGH. Iron Man was a great movie, but why the hell do they have to do a giant clusterfuck and have a bunch of other guys in there? Why can't they just make the Iron Man trilogy and STOP THERE? And who THE FUCK is Hawkeye?! I hate Marvel because of this Avenger bullshit and the fact that they seem completely incapable of making a decent Punisher film.

Cause The Avengers are awesome and The Punisher is not as big as the Avengers anyways. Hawkeye was first a enemy of the Avengers but then became one, replacing The Falcon and is well-known to Avenger fans.

Captain Pancake:

Marvel UNIVERSE, DC UNIVERSE. Its one existance (well..sorta) and they all exist together. Dunno about AvP. I admit though, DC is less interconnected than Marvel, since it just seems Justice Leage is where they do it, while cameos are plentiful in Marvel.

Woem:
I'm curious to see which instance of the Angers this movie will about. It seems to be the original Avengers (as opposed to the New Avengers) staring the late 1960 cast which includes Hawkeye and Black Widow. Would this mean that they're planning to shoot the complete Avenger storyline, including the Civil War and the Dark Avengers?

Scarlett Johannsen as Black Widow

Well, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk. Only Pixie and Hank are unaccounted for, but that wont last long, and considering how these movies work, its the origional. Im curious if they are going to (likely) do it if Cap was an real founder, or be more real and have him come in after its formed. Also wonder if Namor will be present.

Tinq:
This movie is going to be so long. Michael Bay long. Peter Jackson long, maybe.

Itr should be, they shouldn't lose anything when they are trying to make the movie 2-3 hours long, infact they might want yo think about splitting into different movies to be released together, or just one long one. You can tell this was made for the fans and fans are willing to watch 5 hours or so of there favorite superhero kick names and take some ass.

I hope they will do a Civil War movie at some point, but that would take alot from the studio, there must be 200 heroes in Civil War(just in the comic, not to mention all the ones that exist at the time. They would have to series that though.

They just better do it right!

I love how they're building the characters separately and throwing cameo's in everywhere. They better not screw it up.

I dont know about the rest of you but i cant wait for the deadpool movie the like 5 minuets Ryan Reynolds played him for were almost the best part of Wolverine

Kiutu:

Captain Pancake:

Marvel UNIVERSE, DC UNIVERSE. Its one existance (well..sorta) and they all exist together. Dunno about AvP. I admit though, DC is less interconnected than Marvel, since it just seems Justice Leage is where they do it, while cameos are plentiful in Marvel.

DC is pretty interconnected but most of them live in different cities, where as a large chunk of Marvel characters all live in New York City or on the West Coast

I am from the future and I say that Marvel movies will beat DC movies to the punch. There will even be another superman reboot! Whether it will be good is another matter entirely...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here