Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time Coming October 27

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time Coming October 27

The next installment of the Ratchet & Clank series, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time will hit North American retail shelves on October 27, a Twitter update from developer Insomniac Games reveals.

So far release dates for the rest of the world have yet to be revealed, but North American PlayStation 3 owners have a number of pre-order bonuses to choose from depending on which retailer they opt to snag their copy of the game from.

Ordering the game from Amazon will net you "two of Ratchet's most bolt-centric power-ups (the Box Basher and Bolt Magnetizer) and 5,000 bolts to help jump start your galactic bank account," while ordering from Game Crazy will give you access to "a custum Hot Rod ship skin, 5000 free bolts, and custom avatar."

Best Buy and GameStop also have special pre-order bonuses, the former offering "an exclusive weapon skin for one of Ratchet's weapons. You will also start the game with extra hit points, and Ratchet's brand new Cryo Mine Glove, a weapon that freezes enemies," while the latter offers "the Insomniac Moon, a special level that resembles the layout of the Insomniac offices. Scattered through this museum-like level, players will discover a moon's worth of extra content."

As with most pre-order bonuses, these special additions can by yours by simply plunking down $5 to $10 and telling the retailer of your choosing that you'd like them to hold a copy of A Crack In Time when it arrives.

October eh. It seems I won't be spending as much time with Brutal Legend than I thought.

i think you stole this from the PS3 group :P

i posted it and then it appears on here

I'm sad that I'll never play this.
Only on PS3. Hrumph.

Godammit, I love the series.

I'll play it the proper way, without all these bonuses. The only bonuses I use are the 'previous games' bonuses in Ratchet and Clank 2 and 3

I can't wait to go ape with this wonderful game.

Short notice isn't it?

Doesn't matter for me anyway I suppose, what with no PS3. Just a Wii and 360 that just went red light for the first time. *sighs*

Pre-order bonuses that ALTER THE GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU BUY GAMES?

This shit is getting WAAAAAAAY out of control. An extra map or two was ok. This isn't.

scotth266:
Pre-order bonuses that ALTER THE GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU BUY GAMES?

This shit is getting WAAAAAAAY out of control. An extra map or two was ok. This isn't.

to be fair everyones going to go after the planet the Insomniac Museum is allways wonderful.

SomeBritishDude:
Short notice isn't it?

Doesn't matter for me anyway I suppose, what with no PS3. Just a Wii and 360 that just went red light for the first time. *sighs*

No, they have been talking about the game all year, nobody besides me however has been paying attention which I think is a damn shame.

Noooooo.
You cant release this in the midst of Borderlands, COD:MW2, Operation Flashpoint and Assassins Creed 2 !

Only joking, I've taken on two jobs so I can hopefully afford them all on release days :)
Cause Ratchet and Clank warrants a release day purchase, I find it impossible to hate a game that FUN.
It may seem simplistic and childish but I urge anyone unfamiliar to the series, or anyone picking up a reduced price PS3 to play at least ONE R&C game.

Must.... buy... on.... RELEASE DATE!

Fat Man Spoon:
Only on PS3. Hrumph.

I'm with you. My tear ducts ran out of moisture a long time ago... and why? BECAUSE I COULDN'T AFFORD A 600 DOLLAR CONSOLE AT THE TIME!!!! And now the price has dropped making me cry all the more. I should save up...

grimsprice:

Fat Man Spoon:
Only on PS3. Hrumph.

I'm with you. My tear ducts ran out of moisture a long time ago... and why? BECAUSE I COULDN'T AFFORD A 600 DOLLAR CONSOLE AT THE TIME!!!! And now the price has dropped making me cry all the more. I should save up...

Same here, I didn't have 400 spare.
And yes, now with the price drop, I may be able to get one...

scotth266:

I think everyone will get these bonuses as they play through the game anyway, some just get them sooner than others

Fat Man Spoon:
Only on PS3. Hrumph.

I feel your pain, this series is the only reason i ever regret choosing a 360 over a PS3, seeing as the Jak and Daxter series has no PS3 counterpart, as far as i know.

Omigod, I loved the Insomniac Museum, they practically gave me Insomnia itself! I explored the museum for hours at a time, playing with the little things that didn't make it into the game.

Lucky you, Gamestop, you get my damn $5.

cleverlymadeup:

hey! what must I do to get into said PS3 group?

I love this series, I still play the ps2 games.

AWESOME must put on my christmas list OR i could get a job....hmmmm wel TRY to find one anyway.

Guitar Gamer:

cleverlymadeup:

hey! what must I do to get into said PS3 group?

right here
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Escapist-PlayStation-Gamers

Uncharted 2 and R&C both in October...and then there's Brutal Legend...and I'm buying Batman: Arkham Asylum today...hmmm...could any of you maybe lend me like 200 dollars?

Fat Man Spoon:

grimsprice:

Fat Man Spoon:
Only on PS3. Hrumph.

Same here, I didn't have 400 spare.

Well,being not white enough to afford even one console,what more can i say? This.

*sniff*

Besides,Cryo Mines is obviously a recycled concept - Ratchet already had freeze-gun. But whatever,it's not for me.

*whimper*

Just for all you to know,it rains right now in my city. Lolz.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/538/0

*hits someone not wanting to get this game across the face with his PS3 fat*

There is no LOGICAL excuse to not get this game.

Sweet. I loved the last two games, and this looks really good as well.

Onmi:

*hits them again with his own Ps3 fat*

I agree wholeheartedly. This game is more than a must buy.

Personally, the space segment is like the sprinkles atop a cake made of money.

Pre-orderers - DO NOT WORRY. All pre-order bonuses are avilable in-game. I happen to know one of the people who worked on this, and he told me that although some were hard to find (I think he was talking about the Insomniac moon, probably), ALL of them were in-game. It's not an inFamous moment, where pre-orderers got a whole extra weapon. Damn Giga-watt blades. Insomniac aren't that cruel, they're just trying to drum up some extra hype.

So, panic over. Not that anyone will actually listen to me.

P.S. happy birthday to me - I got size matters :)

This will probably be my last post, so I better make it good. I've been reading some articles of Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time.
Spoiler Alert**************************

Alister Azimuth betrays Ratchet and is the final boss.

This may be incorrect. I don't know.

Onmi:

... There is when you don't have any R&C games?
*hides*

I played this game today and enjoyed it very much. My first Ratchet and Clank game and it was a nice game. I played a bit with Ratchet but mostly with Clank. Easy to control and it jus looks great. I might actually buy it.

This is gonna be fun.

Erana:

Onmi:

... There is when you don't have any R&C games?
*hides*

Nope cause like any good game theres no requirements for playing R&C. all you need to know is this, you saved like 4 galaxies, your little robot buddy has been kidnapped, you have guns, an extremely incompetent green superhero.

It's dark and your wearing sunglasses.

I'm playing the game right now, and as usuall, the game is giving me severe insomnia.

Oh, and the hoverboots are AWESOME! I thought they'd be just some stupid longer version of the rocket boots, but they are AWESOME!!

Mr. Zurkon needs no nanotech for survival.
Mr. Zurkon lives on fear!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here