Nathan Fillion Wants In on Halo: Reach

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Nathan Fillion Wants In on Halo: Reach

Firefly actor Nathan Fillion has seen an early version of Halo: Reach, and says it was awesome enough to convince him to enter the voice actor's studio again, should Bungie wish it.

What we learn in the above video from MTV Multiplayer:

1.) Nathan Fillion went to Bungie and saw "fun time," which in the context in the video apparently refers to part of the process of making Halo: Reach - he "watched them build it."

2.) Bungie knows that Fillion is "in, for whatever they've got going on."

3.) There's something going on between Fillion and Bungie staff composer Marty O'Donnell, seriously. Flirting? Third dates? Ah Nathan, you're breaking the heart of every nerd from here to Tokyo.

In any case, Fillion's voice work as ODST protagonist Buck is one of the things that even its detractors can't really complain about, so I'd be surprised if people greeted this news with dismay. More Nathan Fillion? How can anybody say no to that?

I wanna be in on it, too!
All you have to do is be kinda well known?

Hrm...

Hell yes.

Mr. Fillion wants in, Bungie want him in. Perfect. Can't say no to more of him in my games.

Haven't watched one episode of Firefly. Still, good for him, I guess? He looks like a cool dude.

Heh, I have a friend who will be very happy about this.
and jealous, because he doen't have a 360.
But, this will be good it he's voice acting :)

Amnestic:
Hell yes.

Mr. Fillion wants in, Bungie want him in. Perfect. Can't say no to more of him in my games.

"Lets not play this game...lets not play this game...they know...their liking it..." I laughed at that part...thought it was very smug...

So whats up with this guy? Didn't he already have a role on ODST? Why would Reach be a problem? (aside from the fact that it would not make sense...like having the same voice actor starring as the main character in all the Silent Hill games...)

Also...what happened to this guys dream?

hansari:
So whats up with this guy? Didn't he already have a role on ODST? Why would Reach be a problem? (aside from the fact that it would not make sense...like having the same voice actor starring as the main character in all the Silent Hill games...)

According to Halo 3: ODST, both Dare and Buck were on Reach and were able to escape. So he could be reprising his roll as Buck in Halo: Reach.

hansari:

Amnestic:
Hell yes.

"Lets not play this game...lets not play this game...they know...their liking it..." I laughed at that part...thought it was very smug...

Also...what happened to this guys dream?

I guess we'll find out when we learn more about the Warcraft movie :P

Never seen Firefly, but good. I like his voice acting.

HELL YES. Its kind of funny though how in ODST his game counter part looks almost exactly like he does in real life.

I'm assuming that he still expects them to pay him for his voice acting.

So, officially, Bungie, I'm also willing to be in on that gravy train too.

Awesomeness. That's pretty much all I have to say. Now if only I knew what Reach is (is it going to be like Section 8 only Halo-i-tized? Is it an RTS? Is it a standard Halo game centered around the Fall of Reach?)

It's the only way we can see him as a gun slinging space cowboy!

Oh my, that Mr. Fillion always knows how to melt my butter.

The Infamous Scamola:
Haven't watched one episode of Firefly. Still, good for him, I guess? He looks like a cool dude.

Radeonx:
Never seen Firefly, but good. I like his voice acting.

What are you two waiting for?! Go! Now!

I fucking love Nathan Fillion.
It would be amazing to hear him in this game.

WNxSajuukCor:
According to Halo 3: ODST, both Dare and Buck were on Reach and were able to escape. So he could be reprising his roll as Buck in Halo: Reach.

Ah, my mistake then...I'm not all that well versed in Halo lore...

CantFaketheFunk:
I guess we'll find out when we learn more about the Warcraft movie :P

I heard Megan Fox would play Tyrande Whisperwind, the night elf!

And that Michael Moore would play a paladin!

...pleasepleaseplease.

More Fillion = More awesome.

Awesome. He's a good voice actor, haven't seen Firefly though.

Additionally-I want his suit and shirt. They even put my professionally handmade pinstripe suit/trousers/waistcoat and purple shirt to shame.

Nathan Fillion, man, I'd cast him in a New York minute. Doesn't matter what project it was; even if I actually needed a bridesmaid or something (hey, he wore a dress in Firefly once, right?) I'd return his agent's calls.

Somehow I think Marty O'Donnell might be similarly inclined...

-- Steve

edited to add: It was also amusing to see him run up against what must be a stack of Non-Disclosure Agreements as tall as he is on-camera while trying to describe "fun time".

hansari:
I heard Megan Fox would play Tyrande Whisperwind, the night elf!

And that Michael Moore would play a paladin!

Oh no. Oh dear God, no. No. No. No. No. No.

I'm honestly intrigued by the concept of a WarCraft movie, but if those two are in I'm already mentally filing the movie under the same category as Pathfinder. *shudder*

Nathan Fillion was awesome on halo odst he better be in reach or there will be trouble ...big trouble

I've heard Fillion say the same thing about his relationship with Joss Whedon, which is how he ended up in "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog." Heck, if I were an actor I'd probably have the same attitude: "You want to give me another paycheck? Hell yes!"

Well if Buck is indeed going to be a character in Reach, it would only make sense to have him do the voice acting again. He's pretty good at it aswell.

Well. Looks like I have to go change my pants, cause I just wet myself in glee.

Damn Bungie. First I get to play as him in Firefight, and now I might get a Nathan character in Reach? Hell Yes

It's impossible to say no to more Nathan <3

Now if only he could get Joss Whedon into a room with the Bungie guys and convince then through his Fillion awesomeness to make a good Firefly game.

I know nothing about the guy, and yet I love him. I mean his name's Nathan Fillion, it's like the greatest name ever.

Honestly, who wouldn't want to be in on Halo: Reach, if they had the chance? :P

In any event, this is great news for all us Halo fans- I just wonder whether he'll be voicing the same character (presuming he survives) or a different one.

we can always use more fillion!

hah, fillion in a filler episode. imagine it

That's pretty sweet!. Ever since Firefly I have been wanting to see more of him. Guess Halo will have to do then. All Bungie needs is to add Adam Baldwin (Jayne Cobb) into the mix and I will become the ultimate Halo fangirl till the end of time :)

McHanhan:
That's pretty sweet!. Ever since Firefly I have been wanting to see more of him. Guess Halo will have to do then. All Bungie needs is to add Adam Baldwin (Jayne Cobb) into the mix and I will become the ultimate Halo fangirl till the end of time :)

Adam Baldwin is already in Halo 3: ODST, as Dutch. ;)

Joshimodo:

McHanhan:

Adam Baldwin is already in Halo 3: ODST, as Dutch. ;)

Oh......my.........word!

well this is no big spoiler as its nothing to do with ODST bUT

SPOILERS

buck and dutch were both at reach so they could well be on the team in the game or whatever

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here