Star Wars Uncut: A Fan Remake , 15 Seconds at a Time

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Star Wars Uncut: A Fan Remake , 15 Seconds at a Time

Star Wars Uncut, a fan project that's remaking the classic sci-fi film through a series of 15-second user-made clips, has just released its first promotional trailer and it is awesome.

It works like this: Star Wars - (that'd be A New Hope for those of you who like to be pedantic about that sort of thing) - has been chopped up into 15-second mini-scenes. Anyone interested in taking part simply claims the scene they're interested in, recreates it in whatever style they want and then sends the completed clip back to the Star Wars Uncut project. When every scene has been finished, the whole thing will be stitched together into the most random, chaotic and original version of George Lucas' space opera classic ever conceived.

The idea is shockingly simple and utterly brilliant, and contributors are taking the creative freedom they've been given to heart: Finished clips include everything from hand-drawn animation to small children who can't yet speak and a handful of Star Wars Pez dispensers trapped inside a slowly closing piano. Some are good, some are bad and some - like the four French guys piled into a small car that's stunt-doubling for the Millennium Falcon - are just downright hilarious.

The Star Wars Uncut team has released an epic two-minute trailer showing off the wide range of styles and skills that will be on display in the final film and it's got me convinced: I must see this movie. You should too! Better yet, head over to starwarsuncut.com and claim a scene for yourself. Your 15 seconds await!

via: Slashdot

Awesome. I'd elaborate but well I guess I'd have put awesome awesome. Then I'd have to elaborate on that it'd be a unending cycle.

Thats great. Infact, its amazing.

I'm overly excited by this idea.

I saw it a while ago, had the same reaction then.

I'd love to see how they pull it off.

I would love to watch this when they finish it....

I gave up on the whole "Star Wars" concept around the time they released the second part of the prequel trilogy, but THIS, I will DEFINITELY be checking out!

And yet, as crazy and bizzare as even that short trailer is, it'll probably be better than Episode 1 and 2 (Ep 3 was ok by me, but not as great as the original movies; just didn't have as many of the awful forced romance scenes, and young dark vader stopped being a whiny bitch).

looks interesting

I won't be trying to claim any scenes on the grounds that I have no talent or resources, but I may check this out.

THIS IS .... GENIUS!

In other words, I love this idea.

I think I saw a Big Lebowski reference... and a Twitter joke.

I've never seen so many different nerds in one video.

A two minute video at that.

I sense great things for this movie.

The car thing is just awesome. C3PO never got the thanks he deserved, like Marvin.

What did they give him? A trip to the sun.

WHO THE HELL WANTS TO DO A HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE MOVIE LIKE THIS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh. My. God.
That is going to be so awesome.

Wasn't it Andy Warhol who said in 1968 "In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes"
Looks like he was only out by a factor of 60.

and yes... this will be TEH awesome!!!!

Maybe George Lucas will take a queue from this and realise where he went wrong with the prequel Trilogy.

I started giggling like a madman about halfway through. I'm thinking about maybe doing a scene myself, it looks like tons of fun.

i got to ask, whats stoping them from geting a CnD order, becase if theres nothing i sence a disturbance in the force is about to happen.

Treblaine:

Maybe George Lucas will take a queue from this and realise where he went wrong with the prequel Trilogy.

Only an act of god or brains surgery will make that happen. Bring forth the bone drill!

zidine100:
i got to ask, whats stoping them from geting a CnD order, becase if theres nothing i sence a disturbance in the force is about to happen.

I believe it falls under fair use/Parody, which is legal.

That looks great! It reminds me of the movie, Be Kind, Rewind, with all the cheesy effects that add style to the movie.

I just claimed one of my favorite bits - nobody else had even tried this one yet, and I'm happy. It's a toss-up as to whether I act it out with a friend in real life or make something in Garry's Mod.

This looks so cool, if theres any decent scenes left me and my mate might have to drag the old video camera out. We used to make stupid stop motion movies out of star wars figures years ago when we were teenagers!

This is going to be extremely stupid. The people who submit segments will be the only ones who watch it and everyone else will just sigh and ruminate on how stupid and worthless the internet has become. Seriously, redoing a classic in a silly and ridiculous way that could never yield a quality product. It's derivative and lame.

Flunk:
This is going to be extremely stupid. The people who submit segments will be the only ones who watch it and everyone else will just sigh and ruminate on how stupid and worthless the internet has become. Seriously, redoing a classic in a silly and ridiculous way that could never yield a quality product. It's derivative and lame.

It'll be good if they get more clips that are better than people using random crap around their house. The Tatooine action scene where they find R2 is awesome.

Yeah, as if Star Wars needed to be raped any further. With the, already infinite number of shitty fan films out there, this just makes me want to puke.

Lucasfilm has been pretty lenient about fan films in the past, but remaking the original, even just using 15 second clips, is a bit more ambitious. Really hope it doesn't get shut down, 'cause it sounds great.

And to all you who hated the prequel trilogy, I find your lack of faith disturbing.

That looks absolutely hilariously awesome. Really dumb at the same time but dumb is funny here and again and I havnt enjoyed anything really stupid in a while.

I had a little tear in my eye watching that. Awesome. I just wish I could animate so I could add some time.

Malygris:
Your 15 seconds await!

No, your 15 seconds await! I dare The Escapist crew to take on at least one 15 Seconds video, staring Susan Arendt as Princess Leia. There's a shortage of beautiful women playing her. Time to make up for it!

Strategia:
I started giggling like a madman about halfway through. I'm thinking about maybe doing a scene myself, it looks like tons of fun.

This. The giggling part, at least. I couldn't contain it. It just makes me so happy.

Hearing Darth Vader "Your powers are weak old man." and then seeing the little kid grinning with a lightsaber was beautiful.

Flunk:

You, sir, are a funsucker.

matrix3509:
Yeah, as if Star Wars needed to be raped any further. With the, already infinite number of shitty fan films out there, this just makes me want to puke.

So are you. For shame!

Seen as how I was up last night till 3am watch the New Hope on the internet and am still on a high from it this looks like alot of fun // Sure part of it are goin to be so bad you are goin to want to suck your own eyes out (prob most of the live action bit) but there are goin to be some 'Win' part of it too

Just no one tell George, cos he will prob rerelease/remaster the first(and only) three movies to look likes this just so he can make a few extra bucks

-M

Looks epic

Malygris:
So are you. For shame!

Excuse me for finding no fun in making a "tribute" to a franchise that has already been raped so hard it can no longer tell the difference between mommy and daddy.

What the....? Who thought up this idea. Just when I thought we couldn't get worse than the prequels. Just messing people :P

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here