BioWare Unleashes Dragon Age: Origins Launch Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

BioWare Unleashes Dragon Age: Origins Launch Trailer

BioWare has unveiled the launch trailer for the upcoming RPG epic Dragon Age: Origins, an action-packed battle between a horde of Darkspawn and a small band of warrior questing for the Sacred Ashes.

Four intrepid warriors making their way across a jagged, snow-covered mountain on a search for the Sacred Ashes is suddenly attacked by an onrushing mob of Darkspawn bent on their destruction. With a devastating mix of swords and sorcery, the heroes battle back and turn the tide, until the arrival of a giant dragon throws everything into chaos.

You're not alone if you get the feeling that you've seen this somewhere before: There's more than just a hint of Fellowship of the Ring in this trailer. And I'm not sure how impressed I'm really supposed to be with this dragon when it's kissing the canvas 28 seconds after it shows up. It sure is pretty, though. Check it out in all its glory on YouTube.

GameInformer review? uh what ... I mean, maybe I'm not too familiar with advanced reviews, but I guess I prefer them a few days after the game release, but hey, 9/10, another BioWare masterpiece I guess.

Oh shiiiiiiiiiii...

...I canceled my preorder on Amazon. No Blood Dragon Armor with the regular edition. But now I'm buying it from D2D. So awesome.

Watched this earlier, simply epic stuff.

There's another cinematic as well (maybe an 'Origin' trailer for one of the characters?) - is this confirmed as a launch trailer? As it looks more mid-game than anything.

Yep, that's a definite preorder for me.

Brilliant trailer; if I hadn't already committed to this, the trailer certainly would make me.

Well I think I'll go out and pre order this tomorrow.

My only negative thought, that doesn't look like game play footage. That only came to mind after 4 minutes of "For the love of everything awesome, this looks amazing"

Oooh that is a pretty trailer. Im looking forward to this game, have been for months.

The trailer was amazing. I'm glad that I already pre-ordered this a while back. I can't wait for it to come out! :D

This is why I love Bioware. What part of this does not scream 'Awesome'?
EDIT: Also, they make great games, so I'll probably get this some time or another.

Yeah, it does have a Lord of the Rings-y feel to it, but I guess it's the formula for success, because i'm buying.

Sexy.

Something tells me that the "Transform Into a Giant Fucking Spider" ability will be slightly overpowered.

D-Did that mage turn into a giant spider? Did he slice a dragon's chest open?

Oh god yes. I'm glad I pre-ordered this now.

Did anyone else think the whole... "Turn your enemy into a lit bomba" was simply... badass?

I can see myself doing that over, and over, and over, and over and over....

So what will you guys be doing 3 weeks from tomorrow? I know I'll be playing Dragon Age! God i can't wait any longer.

Oh hell yeah must have now

The only thing that sucks, for me, is the PS3 version doesn't come till after the PC and 360 one. Other than that, sweet video and I'm fuckin' stoked

Already pre-ordered but it still annoys me with the release date. I WANT THIS GAME NOW.

Fucking. Awesome. Too bad the actual gameplay is going to be nothing like that. I'm sure it'll still be fun, though.

And there will be hell to pay if there is no actual spell or ability that lets you turn into a giant spider.

Sweeeeeeeet.

Only thing I kinda don't like is the "300" kinda look with the blood going every where.

Really interested in the party-based combat. This one is gonna be good.

Why, that looks damn fun.

Is it just me, or does the archer chick look like Fiona from Shrek?

You say Darkspawn but you really mean Bhaalspawn.

Yes you do.

To take a term from Ryan Reynolds:
That...
was...
the...
SHIIIIIIIIIIITTT!!!!!!

BioWare continues to shine in the cinematic trailer arena. First The Old Republic, now this awesomesauce? I can only guess what the Mass Effect 2 cinematic trailer will look like...

Wow, that was extremely sexy. So glad i pre-ordered the special edition :D

Agreed. I don't think this trailer really sells me on the game. It doesn't look much like how the gameplay will play out in that 30min video that went around a few days back.

*But* if it gets this much positive response from everyone else who isn't buying it just because it looks like Baldur's Gate 3, then more power to them for a positive PR campaign.

We all know that's not how the player's first dragon fight will go down. It'll happen like this:
"shit, they're feared!"
"oh no. I'm being slaughtered!"
<reload>
<repeat>

I hope the dragons in this game are intelligent, I like the little dialogs before you lower resistance and drop a metric ton of horrid wiltings upon them

Arbitrary Cidin:
Something tells me that the "Transform Into a Giant Fucking Spider" ability will be slightly overpowered.

Legend of a quote.

Anyway, I'm still in two minds about this game. Sure, that trailer looked awesome but have you seen some of the other stuff? Then again, it is Bioware and it is an RPG and it has got dragons in and it...pre ordered.

I don't need to read any hype to camp the store at release day of any Bioware game, I'll do it anyway.

Phokal:
We all know that's not how the player's first dragon fight will go down. It'll happen like this:
"shit, they're feared!"
<reload>
<repeat>

Ah-ha! Someone who has fought dragons in previous Bioware/Black Isle titles!

Am I the only one not being wowed by these trailers? I'm not seeing anything really new here: a group of characters being impossibly badass killing fantasy monsters in a battle that you will most definitely not be able to recreate in-game. I need something more tangible before I drop money for this; I need an interesting story, well-rounded characters I can give two shits about (I miss you, Minsc and Boo!), and maybe some reviews from people who know good games from bad *cough*notGameInformer*cough*.

Oh, and why does everyone lose their light cloth cloaks the second their leader takes his hood off? Those things don't look padded enough to slow them down, let alone protect them from severe cold weather. Someone get those poor women some proper clothing, they must be totally numb and frost-bitten by now!

Must buy.....must buy......must buy.

DaxStrife:

Phokal:
"shit, they're feared!"
<reload>
<repeat>

Ah-ha! Someone who has fought dragons in previous Bioware/Black Isle titles!

Am I the only one not being wowed by these trailers? I'm not seeing anything really new here: a group of characters being impossibly badass killing fantasy monsters in a battle that you will most definitely not be able to recreate in-game. I need something more tangible before I drop money for this; I need an interesting story, well-rounded characters I can give two shits about (I miss you, Minsc and Boo!), and maybe some reviews from people who know good games from bad *cough*notGameInformer*cough*.

Oh, and why does everyone lose their light cloth cloaks the second their leader takes his hood off? Those things don't look padded enough to slow them down, let alone protect them from severe cold weather. Someone get those poor women some proper clothing, they must be totally numb by now!

Rings of Elemental Protection. Try to tell me women wouldn't use them to dress...exhuberantly... in inclimate weather.

I have a strange, wet, warm sensation in my pants. Finally a good looking Dragon. I gotta get off my lazy arse and preorder it already. Shame they screwed over the Collector Edition. I really wanted the map and tin.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here