Blizzard's Rob Pardo Talks Five Years of Warcraft

Pages PREV 1 2 3

This used to be a really great game a few years ago. (pre BC) It's still good now, sure. but nothing can match the time I had in early WoW, the want to keep leveling, meeting new people and fighting new things I had never seen.

played wow for 4 and a half years and finally had to sop so i guess any future blizzard MMO projects I'll be looking at from afar remember my good old days but it will be interesting to see just how thoroughly Blizzard learns from its mistakes and if they have the new MMO will probably a masterpiece of game play design similar to how Halo and CoD are known for their near-perfected FPS combat

CantFaketheFunk:

Twilightruler:
You would've thought that they would mention their biggest mistake. Making the game too god-forsaken easy. That's the main thing that caused me to quit. I hit 80 and 2 months later I was done. Because even my unorganized under-geared guild could clear all the current content with little problem. If you tried 40 man naxx and even a couple people didn't know what was going on, you were flat out boned. Back when having a spell interrupt rotation on Kel'thuzzad was necessary to even stay alive. They tailored the game to appeal to 10 year old's so they could get more money...I would actually consider re-joining if they just dumped all the expansions and went back to vanilla. And I know quite a few hundred people that feel the same way.

So you've done Yogg+0 and Algalon, then, right? You've completed Tribute to Insanity?

What possible sense does it ever make to spend the majority of their development resources on something less than 10% of the game will ever see? The current philosophy - make the base content easy for people to experience it, but give hard mode optional challenges (and better reward) to the uber-l337 - is probably the best one they've had since the game launched.

As someone who raided hardcore in Vanilla, the old way sucked hard.

Well, problem being, you're arguing with a person that has very very little tolerance for pure stupidity. And more than 90% of the time, that's what I encountered. And from what I encountered in my 4-5 years or so of playing WoW, I've seen the most stupidity and annoying 10-12 year olds, in Wrath. In reality, if everyone payed attention, understood directions, and did what they were supposed to do, raiding would be much easier than it already is. At least the difficulty and skill requirements in vanilla scared away more of the morons.

Twilightruler:

CantFaketheFunk:

Twilightruler:
You would've thought that they would mention their biggest mistake. Making the game too god-forsaken easy. That's the main thing that caused me to quit. I hit 80 and 2 months later I was done. Because even my unorganized under-geared guild could clear all the current content with little problem. If you tried 40 man naxx and even a couple people didn't know what was going on, you were flat out boned. Back when having a spell interrupt rotation on Kel'thuzzad was necessary to even stay alive. They tailored the game to appeal to 10 year old's so they could get more money...I would actually consider re-joining if they just dumped all the expansions and went back to vanilla. And I know quite a few hundred people that feel the same way.

So you've done Yogg+0 and Algalon, then, right? You've completed Tribute to Insanity?

What possible sense does it ever make to spend the majority of their development resources on something less than 10% of the game will ever see? The current philosophy - make the base content easy for people to experience it, but give hard mode optional challenges (and better reward) to the uber-l337 - is probably the best one they've had since the game launched.

As someone who raided hardcore in Vanilla, the old way sucked hard.

Well, problem being, you're arguing with a person that has very very little tolerance for pure stupidity. And more than 90% of the time, that's what I encountered. And from what I encountered in my 4-5 years or so of playing WoW, I've seen the most stupidity and annoying 10-12 year olds, in Wrath. In reality, if everyone payed attention, understood directions, and did what they were supposed to do, raiding would be much easier than it already is. At least the difficulty and skill requirements in vanilla scared away more of the morons.

I assure you that the hardest content in Wrath far outstrips the hardest content in Vanilla.

Maybe not M'uru and KJ, but we've yet to see Icecrown.

CantFaketheFunk:
I assure you that the hardest content in Wrath far outstrips the hardest content in Vanilla.

Doesn't detract from the fact that Wrath brought the kiddies and idiots out. Besides, world first yogg 0 and world first 40 man naxx clear were both about 2 and a half months after their respective patches were released. And I'll believe Icecrown is harder than KJ when I see it, and I don't really expect to see that...

Twilightruler:

CantFaketheFunk:

Doesn't detract from the fact that Wrath brought the kiddies and idiots out. Besides, world first yogg 0 and world first 40 man naxx clear were both about 2 and a half months after their respective patches were released. And I'll believe Icecrown is harder than KJ when I see it, and I don't really expect to see that...

How long would it have taken for a full Sunwell clear if the god-awful Gate system hadn't been implimented? We don't know, we'll never know, but using the time between SWP patch hitting and KJ World First as a comparison is silly and more than that, ridiculous.

Amnestic:
How long would it have taken for a full Sunwell clear if the god-awful Gate system hadn't been implimented? We don't know, we'll never know, but using the time between SWP patch hitting and KJ World First as a comparison is silly and more than that, ridiculous.

Which is why I didn't use KJ as an example in my comparison...Frankly, this argument is boring me and isn't going to change my opinion..So I'm done, enjoy your game.

Twilightruler:

Amnestic:

Which is why I didn't use KJ as an example in my comparison...Frankly, this argument is boring me and isn't going to change my opinion..So I'm done, enjoy your game.

I would but I quit last August.

\o/

Amnestic:

Twilightruler:

Amnestic:

I would but I quit last August.

\o/

Good man..lol

I just gave up playing WoW. It got dumbed down so far, anyone could play it and have ready to raid gear. Instead of having to earn the raid gear and picking up gameplay experence at tghe same time, no you get idiots that don't have a clue and you spend ages shift through lots of crap players to find good ones, even though they have Stuff at item level 240+

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here