Man Steals 100 Copies of Modern Warfare 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

I have two questions, what is Gamestop and why do Americans hate it so much? Also, isn't there also EB Games in the U.S., why not just go there?

Ok, that's something they wont fall for again. If they do you may as well rob them with an air guitar.

Hashbrick:

Dys:

Hashbrick:

Dys:

cainx10a:
They are going to need a whole new generation of copy-protection to fend this type of pirate.

/thread (also lol)

For some reason I imagine the final countdown playing as he made the 100 copies of the game levitate out before him. Seriously, how did he carry them all?

There is this state of the art device called a box. I know I know we talking hi-tech here.

Because most hiests are commited by felons carting around a box, practical and tough. More likely than not he just had them put in bags, but I'm not here to consider real options when arrested development style magic tricks are an option.

I know this is rocket science but most game releases ship in box shippers. Typically between 50-100 units per box. I don't know one game stop that puts their games away on release day, they keep them in the box behind the counter. Obviously the guy grabbed the shipper and bolted out the door. Who the fuck brings a bag to gamestop? He isn't robbing a bank...

Gamestop has plastic bags, y'know, to put shit in......

Give me a f'ing break.

Inside job.

You get all kinds of 'scammers' at GameStop. I know a lot of people think that we (and by 'we' I mean the company) are trying to scam customers, but seeing posts on the GameFaqs forum that have a subject line like "Help me scam GameStop" stop me from feeling any real sympathy. Not that I care how the store makes it's money. Go ahead and go to Walmart/GameCrazy... I don't really care.

We always bow out to an angry girlfriend though (at least the store manager does). This guy could have snagged way more if he also said he had a fiance with no engagement ring on her monthly outside as well.

This is a pretty funny story. I wonder if we'll get an email about it sometime...

metroidgearsolid:
that crap takes cajones. I'm gonna go try it! :D
(logs in to escapist 6 months later after a sentence for attempted theft)

You could log in from jail. I'd have stolen a bunch of hard drives if I wanted profit, though. Hard Drives are light and cost a lot.

ElephantGuts:
That certainly does take some balls.

Or a lot of desperation. He must have really wanted to play MW2.

maybe wel catch his ebay. im sure hes going to sell them.

Of course you're going to let a guy rob you because he says his friend outside has a gun. Even the company you work for says that minimum wage is not worth risking your life in a robbery, and anybody that says anything different is an utter moron.

Onyx Oblivion:

metroidgearsolid:

You could log in from jail. I'd have stolen a bunch of hard drives if I wanted profit, though. Hard Drives are light and cost a lot.

shhh! stop being so logical! I make it a personal rule to not steal myself, i prefer to do an honest days work. or get my friends to do it. either way works

metroidgearsolid:

Onyx Oblivion:

metroidgearsolid:

shhh! stop being so logical! I make it a personal rule to not steal myself, i prefer to do an honest days work. or get my friends to do it. either way works

But...but...I love logic...It's my friend. Although, logically, you can't be friends with logic. I merely meant it in a way that invokes an emotional response.

HOLY CRAP! i come here to read something and all of a sudden FLAMING! lol. STFU with the MW2 hate we don't care.

OT: Lol. This is slightly funny to me because my buddys online "friend" went out and Bought like 30 copies of halo 3 so when they run out he can sell them for a bit more....well. Suffice to say they didn't run out of them lol.

Onyx Oblivion:

metroidgearsolid:

Onyx Oblivion:

metroidgearsolid:

But...but...I love logic...It's my friend. Although, logically, you can't be friends with logic. I merely meant it in a way that invokes an emotional response.

lol. I only wish that i can be as logical as you someday :P

metroidgearsolid:

Onyx Oblivion:

metroidgearsolid:

Onyx Oblivion:

metroidgearsolid:

It takes years of corner cutting to realize what things can be logically removed from everyday life. Like hygiene. Why should you shower every day if you are like me, and don't go outside much? Why should you study for a test in a subject where most of the answers can be reached by a little critical thinking? Why should you not pet a kitten?

Onyx Oblivion:

metroidgearsolid:

Onyx Oblivion:

metroidgearsolid:

Onyx Oblivion:

metroidgearsolid:

It takes years of corner cutting to realize what things can be logically removed from everyday life. Like hygiene. Why should you shower every day if you are like me, and don't go outside much? Why should you study for a test in a subject where most of the answers can be reached by a little critical thinking? Why should you not pet a kitten?

damn. i would be proud to call you teacher/sensei. you are so wise.

Dys:

Hashbrick:

Dys:

Hashbrick:

Dys:

cainx10a:
They are going to need a whole new generation of copy-protection to fend this type of pirate.

/thread (also lol)

For some reason I imagine the final countdown playing as he made the 100 copies of the game levitate out before him. Seriously, how did he carry them all?

There is this state of the art device called a box. I know I know we talking hi-tech here.

Because most hiests are commited by felons carting around a box, practical and tough. More likely than not he just had them put in bags, but I'm not here to consider real options when arrested development style magic tricks are an option.

I know this is rocket science but most game releases ship in box shippers. Typically between 50-100 units per box. I don't know one game stop that puts their games away on release day, they keep them in the box behind the counter. Obviously the guy grabbed the shipper and bolted out the door. Who the fuck brings a bag to gamestop? He isn't robbing a bank...

Gamestop has plastic bags, y'know, to put shit in......

If you can fit 100 copies of any game in even five of their bags I would be fuckin surprised. Which do you think would make more sense? One box that has 100 copies or a dumbass filling tons of gamestop bags and running out the door. To have an odd number like 100 I am willing to bet that it was a box shipper.

DayDark:
I hope they catch him, what a bastard. They should take a look for low price MW2 games suddenly appearing.

I hope they don't. Remember, activision gets most of that money.

Lonan:
I have two questions, what is Gamestop and why do Americans hate it so much? Also, isn't there also EB Games in the U.S., why not just go there?

Gamestop owns EB and I have no idea why my fellow Americans hate Gamestop.

UsefulPlayer 1:
His Charisma stat must be through the roof. Seriously, that stat is worth so much more IRL. It's almost magical.

I'm just hoping they don't nerf it in that Space Exploration patch or make it useless in that rumored sequel called The Afterlife. Either way, In Real Life may be the only game where that is useful.

Oh dear.... How can the police not have found them yet?

Is there no cameras in GameStop?

Fearzone:
Give me a f'ing break.

Inside job.

I hope so. I want this to end up as the premise for Ocean's 14 ;).

You guys stole all the good D&D "High charisma" and "roll for deception" jokes already.

Internet humour is a fickle thing.

But anyway, why MW2? There must be many other things in there worth greater value, Also how have the police not found them?

Hi guys I just thought I'd pass around these free copies of MewTwo I got.

Macksheath:

davidboring:

Macksheath:
Meh, it was GameStop. They probably asked for it.

You're going to give me HOW MUCH for Batman Arkham Asylum?! ...You see that guy outside with his hand in his pocket?

Uh...what? Sorry, whats that got to do with anything?

It was a joke. Way to highlight the fact that you didn't get it.

davidboring:

Macksheath:

davidboring:

Macksheath:
Meh, it was GameStop. They probably asked for it.

You're going to give me HOW MUCH for Batman Arkham Asylum?! ...You see that guy outside with his hand in his pocket?

Uh...what? Sorry, whats that got to do with anything?

It was a joke. Way to highlight the fact that you didn't get it.

Then relieve me of my ignorance.

I hope he goes back in the next day and trades them in to the same gamestop...

Most stores tell their employees to not resist and just hand it over. It is supposed to save live that way and stores tend to get bad rep if it is otherwise. It doesn't always work. There have been rare cases where people with guns would tell the clerks to get to the back, kill them and then raid the store for cash like in the KFC murders back in 1983.

Hell, there was this thief in Long Island, New York that would walk into banks give the teller a note that said he had a gun and he wouldn't kill the customers if the clerk just hands over the cash in the drawer. This dude did this multiple times and cops figured that he didn't even have a gun.

Lonan:
I have two questions, [1]what is Gamestop and [2]why do Americans hate it so much? Also, [3]isn't there also EB Games in the U.S., [4]why not just go there?

4 questions... 4 answers....
[1]It is a store that sells games.
[2]some americans hate the president because he's black, others hate him b/c he's apparently not black enough.... it is hate... hate tends to be irrational at times...
[3]yes.
[4]If some americans hate the store, then they probably go to different stores if they can. Some americans find the net too untrustworthy to buy products through it and only have a Gamestop near them. So they need a place to vent their hate and use forums like this one.

...sorry about the double post.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Far be it from me to be skeptical, but are we sure there was a man there in the first place?

I mean, it would be terrible if the clerks made up this story and ran off with all the MW2s after stacking them in the refuse...

Gamestop has, what, four employee's per store including the manager? splitting up the game you still have 25 apiece and still, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH 25 COPIES OF THE SAME GAME?

sorry, not trying to sound mean or anything, but seriously, 100 copies?

the fuck are you going to do with 100 copies?

my guesses:

he has 99 friends - not likely

he is a PC fanboy who will post videos of him smashing them with a hammer on youtube -semi likely

he has a craigslist account, and in turn, very rich right now - most likely

he has 100 Xbox 360's and will be the first to hit 10th prestige - exactly what he is doing right now

maddawg IAJI:
You know I agree with you completely on the words that come to mind. And they don't have any leads? Aren't there any cameras in that mall? Better yet, aren't there any eye witnesses? How could you miss a guy carrying a hundred MW2 cases.

To add to that, My question is one many others I am sure are asking as well, what the heck is he even going to do with 100 copies?

Kalezian:

The_root_of_all_evil:
Far be it from me to be skeptical, but are we sure there was a man there in the first place?

I mean, it would be terrible if the clerks made up this story and ran off with all the MW2s after stacking them in the refuse...

Gamestop has, what, four employee's per store including the manager? splitting up the game you still have 25 apiece and still, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH 25 COPIES OF THE SAME GAME?

sorry, not trying to sound mean or anything, but seriously, 100 copies?

the fuck are you going to do with 100 copies?

Off the top of my head; sell them to the market traders for 5/10 pound a pop? They'll be back in Gamestop within the month.
Makes a lot more sense than some guy walking out the front door with 100 copies.

SomeUnregPunk:

Lonan:
I have two questions, [1]what is Gamestop and [2]why do Americans hate it so much? Also, [3]isn't there also EB Games in the U.S., [4]why not just go there?

4 questions... 4 answers....
[1]It is a store that sells games.
[2]some americans hate the president because he's black, others hate him b/c he's apparently not black enough.... it is hate... hate tends to be irrational at times...
[3]yes.
[4]If some americans hate the store, then they probably go to different stores if they can. Some americans find the net too untrustworthy to buy products through it and only have a Gamestop near them. So they need a place to vent their hate and use forums like this one.

...sorry about the double post.

Touche on the four questions. So it's basically thought of like Starbucks? Do people consider EB Games to be better? Personally I love EB Games, it's basically everything you could want in a game store. Or do they hate it too because it's owned by Gamestop?

Lonan:
SNIP

.... Starbucks is a cofee shop where idiots pay too much for coffee.
Gamestop is just a store that sells & buys games. I have no feelings for hate for this generation of video game stores since the last generation tended to treat their customers like sh!t. The few closest to me used to treat their customers like they didn't need them to survive. Like if you walk into a BMW car mart and the sellers ignored you completely. Those stores closed their doors well before gamestop opened up...

The reason a few people don't like game stores that buy and sell games is that they buy the games at a price that is no where near what they will sell it at. Instead of putting their old games up for sale on the net, people will tend to whine and hate the store that they will sell their games to.

We have a video rental store here that opened up a game store like Gamestop called "GameCrazy." They get the same hate from people even though they have nothing to do with Gamestop.

His penis must be, like, a metre.

I love it because he's ripping off Activision. Rather, Bobby Kotick, who is the most evil... thing... to ever grace our planet.

Heh, I can imagine it.

Guy: Help, a guy outside is saying that if you don't give me 100 copies of Modern Warafre 2 he'll shoot up the place
Employee: Yeah, do you have a pre-order?
Guy: Uh-what?
Employee: A pre-order dude, do ya have one.
Guy: Well no...
Employee: I can't sell you this product unless you have a pre-order.
Guy: But he's going to kill people, you have to help.
Employee: Have you tried the used section.
Guy: But it just came out...
[Attractive Lady Enters, Employee leaves counter to help, Guy grabs a box and exists stage left]

Well, all is fair in love and warfare...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here