What Is the Cast of Star Trek: TNG Actually Saying?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

What Is the Cast of Star Trek: TNG Actually Saying?

The conversations that we heard Captain Picard, Geordi LaForge and Data had on the bridge of the Enterprise might not have been what they were actually saying ... at least, not from a lip-reader's point of view.

I have immense respect for people who can read lips, because it is an incredibly difficult skill to learn. If nothing else, that is something that you should take away from the above clip, because it shows just how easily our brain can be confused into thinking that somebody is saying one thing when they're actually saying something else entirely.

The other thing to take away from the above clip is that when you're confused into thinking that someone is saying something that they're not, it can be completely hilarious. I literally laughed until I cried. This is gold, Jerry. Gold!

(And okay, okay, Susan Arendt was the one who found this one. Credit where credit is due.)

Hah! It does seem well synced. Time to spread it around.

Holy wow. Now I know why they censored it and put some technobabble instead xD

I do believe that this has made my day a little happier.
These guys have got talent, no doubt about it. Awesome work.

I'm actually not sure what my favorite line is. It would have to be either "Watch me eat 450 fuckin' hard-boiled eggs" or "Ninjas. Hijacked. My mother. Shoot Steven before we go."

WAAAAAAT???

Now I really want to learn how to read lips :D
And I want some apple juice...

Now lip reading will become a hot thing to learn simply for the comedy factor. Get in contact with you local community college now, class are filling quick.

"It's time to poo!"

Made me laugh, SO MUCH.

Wow, all this time, and we never knew what they were really saying...

"Lets make applejuice and fax it to each other."

Priceless.

Ah, excellent. Nothing like hilarity to make one's day brighter. First snowfall here, too. Today is going well.

That's just great made me laugh out loud, i think it worked best with Data and Picard though.

meatloaf231:
Ah, excellent. Nothing like hilarity to make one's day brighter. First snowfall here, too. Today is going well.

It really is. By where I live its snowing too!

OT Its time to poo! priceless

That's why the captions looked off!

This has made my day. I'm laughing so much it hurts now.

I can't breath *gasp* laugh to *gasp* damn much!

Abedeus:
Holy wow. Now I know why they censored it and put some technobabble instead xD

When all else fails! Technobabble!

This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Wow. That was... well, fantastic!

Actually made me laugh, so thumbs up to those guys! And to Susan for finding the vid!

"Jesus is a raisin"

Awesome!

WTF at 0.55/ this is messed up but so funny

Lip readers rock!

Must be the only one not finding it even a little bit funny then... actually I think it kinda sucks but then I never had a faible for people Synchronizing over stuff thinking it is gonna be funny and I can't stand Random Clipshows...

All users gain + 1 to all attributes after watching that video.

"I have.

A sheep over.

At my house, doing roofing. Drop in

Cheddar Cheeeeeese.... (Aaawww yeah!)

D'y'ever scratch yourself you made a hole in your bag?

I have a business installing styrofoam nuns! Fuck a Fruitbasket!"

Hilariously quotable.

Wow, I was laughing so hard my face hurts. It's been a long, LONG time since I've laughed this hard.

You and me, in Japan; watch me dance.

Dexter111:
Must be the only one not finding it even a little bit funny then... actually I think it kinda sucks but then I never had a faible for people Synchronizing over stuff thinking it is gonna be funny and I can't stand Random Clipshows...

The text itself is just random, not necessarily funny. The humor rises from syncing the totally random crap with what was once a logical narrative structure. All the actions are still there, but the words that go with them are now totally messed up, but since the words fit with their lip movements, it appears deliberate, and it cracks me up.

"Jesus is a raisin."

For some reason, I feel like some apple juice now

It's a good thing I'm the only one in the room right now, or I would've got some weird looks from the way I'm giggling.

lodo_bear:

Dexter111:

The text itself is just random, not necessarily funny. The humor rises from syncing the totally random crap with what was once a logical narrative structure. All the actions are still there, but the words that go with them are now totally messed up, but since the words fit with their lip movements, it appears deliberate, and it cracks me up.

"Jesus is a raisin."

Nope, it's still in the same category like videos of talking babies for me, and I don't think watching it again will help much xD
If they'd actually say something funny it might be different, seeing as it's only random crap and they make burping and farting sounds only makes it worse for me though...

I started to cry, I was laughing that hard. People were coming to my desk wondering what the hell was going on with me.

Tears. Tears of laughter. And a pain in my chest.

Thank you, Escapist, for hurting me and making me cry.

Set a course for Facebook, warp factor 7.5.

Oh my god, did I just say that?! I think this was so funny it turned me into a teenage girl/Trekkie...

Hm. This wasn't at all that funny.

I laughed, like, really hard. It fits so well with the lip movement, so damned well.

Some of the content felt forced, but this was hilarious. Good find.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here