Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition Emerges From Hell

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition Emerges From Hell

Exclusive bonuses will be packed into a special edition of Dante's Inferno at no extra cost, but only for the PlayStation 3.

Visceral Games recently announced the upcoming Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition, a special edition of the game that will include a bunch of goodies for the regular retail price of $59.99. Shoved into the Divine Edition will be developer commentaries, a Wayne Barlowe digital art book, the Dante's Inferno soundtrack, and a digital version of the complete Longfellow translation of Dante Alighieri's Inferno. The Divine Edition will be exclusive to the PlayStation 3; the Xbox 360 version will only contain a measly copy of the game.

A Dante's Inferno comic book series also just kicked off, with issue #1 now available in stores. It, like the game, follows Dante as he journeys through the nine circles of hell to rescue his beloved Beatrice. If you just can't wait until next year to experience Dante's quest, and don't feel like reading the first part of the Divine Comedy, from which Dante's Inferno draws inspiration, the comic book series could satiate your appetite for now.

Dante's Inferno will be released on February 9, 2010, but PS3 owners again get a bonus with a demo already available on the PlayStation Network which won't go up until December 24 on Xbox Live. The Dante's Inferno developers seem to really love Sony, maybe because their game is so similar to Sony's flagship God of War. This doesn't mean Dante's Inferno should be considered a rip-off, it's not, but after playing a demo at GameX in October the striking similarities cannot be denied. Dante's Inferno has its own charms too; murderous babies never came out of a demon's boobs in God of War after all.

I hope it lets me kill Dante.
Seriously, Vita Nuova is a crime against humanity.

Sweet this may be one of the few times I actually pick up a 'special edition' can't argue with the price differance.

This going to be released on PC? Or is it one of those games?

I know it seems unfair to the Xbox lads, but as a PS3 owner it's nice to win a round for once, even if its for something that seems pretty unremarkable.

Envy, one of the deadly sins.
Making 360 fans envy Sony fans hmmm?

Huh, there's a demo up? Well I've ignored all the other marketing, I suppose it can't hurt to play the demo.

fletch_talon:

I was thinking sony did what it would never do, pay for special privileges for its games, but now that you say that i'm definitely getting that vibe from this. So anyways if we count this as envy how many of those deadly sins have they gone through?

Booo

I want the special edition for 360 too!
Just because the PS3 costs so much, everyone who buys it gets free stuff?
WHAT THE FUDGE?!

TheNamlessGuy:
Booo

WHAT THE FUDGE?!

BAM! And there it is! Envy! The next sin.

*Angry Irritated Twitch*

Exclusive special editions are bullshit.

*Note, I am getting a PS3, and Dante's Inferno FOR the PS3, but this is still bullshit.

Marq:

TheNamlessGuy:
Booo

WHAT THE FUDGE?!

You get highfive for that
/Highfive/

TheNamlessGuy:

Marq:

TheNamlessGuy:
Booo

WHAT THE FUDGE?!

/Highfive/

*Highfive*

TheNamlessGuy:

Marq:

TheNamlessGuy:
Booo

WHAT THE FUDGE?!

/Highfive/

Meanwhile me, the bloke who called it four posts above the quoted post gets no highfives...
Now I too am envious.

OK, so XBox players get all the new Borderlands stuff a week or so early, so we get special editions at no extra price? Cool. Sounds fair.

Also, are these demos American things? I've scoured the marketplace for both Dante's Inferno and God of War and found nothing.

It comes with a book of poetry? Cool beans

fletch_talon:

Also lust. And wrath.

Holy crap, that is one big scythe.

I cant take games literally that have people using weapons x4-10 their bodily height. (See: JRPG's)

It is refreshing to see some love shown to the PS3, it does bug me sometimes how whenever the multiplatform games are advertised on TV they only ever seem to mention its availability on the 360.

ShadowsofHope:
Holy crap, that is one big scythe.

I cant take games literally that have people using weapons x4-10 their bodily height. (See: JRPG's)

It's retractable. :)

fletch_talon:

Oooooooh, nicely played sir, nicely played indeed. My money says that this is just a marketing ploy to get the Xbox community raging. Envy....

I'm guessing the book is Barlowe's Inferno:

http://www.waynebarlowe.com/barlowe_pages/index_inferno.htm

An awesome art collection I've been looking for in print for a long time.

Surely Divine Edition would be a better title for a sequel like Dante's Paradiso. I'd be surprised if they hadn't already thought that far ahead, should this game make money.

An artbook and the soundtrack? As goodies for no extra cost?

SOLD!!!

cool, i've already played the demo, it plays a lot like God of War but really that's not a bad thing, they've followed design rule #1, if it's not broken don't fix it

meh I have both consoles and il still get it for the 360 because useless crap doesnt make up for a worst controller.

Damn them and the PS3 exclusive content.../sigh

I remember that last part from the GameX convention! Good times.
But seriously, the PS3 is getting an exclusive special edition FOR THE SAME RETAIL PRICE!! Come on!

Cool, I look forward to this, though I would have liked a figurine.

JamesCG:
*Angry Irritated Twitch*

Exclusive special editions are bullshit.

*Note, I am getting a PS3, and Dante's Inferno FOR the PS3, but this is still bullshit.

I'm playing a game, i'm labeling sins to the comments.

You are Wrath!

NERD RAGE!

cleverlymadeup:
cool, i've already played the demo, it plays a lot like God of War but really that's not a bad thing, they've followed design rule #1, if it's not broken don't fix it

Gluttony.

theownerer:
meh I have both consoles and il still get it for the 360 because useless crap doesnt make up for a worst controller.

You sir have been speaking to Malebolgia the fraud for too long, the PS3 controller is designed for fighting games, the Xbox controller is better suited to shooters.

Dante is a fighty stabby man.

This game is fun.

With all the advertising it should be a fucking awesome game.........too bad its not, it prince of persia meets god of war with story stolen from a 13th century Italian, dumbed down and adapted to modern day idiots.

Malicious:
With all the advertising it should be a fucking awesome game.........too bad its not, it prince of persia meets god of war with story stolen from a 13th century Italian, dumbed down and adapted to modern day idiots.

Excellent, finally a game company tailor making me a game.

Truly-A-Lie:
Surely Divine Edition would be a better title for a sequel like Dante's Paradiso. I'd be surprised if they hadn't already thought that far ahead, should this game make money.

I doubt they could make a game out of Paradise.

Mrsnugglesworth:

I'm sure they could try. Dante fighting his way through the spheres of heaven against angels and whatnot. Not saying they should, but I wouldn't put it passed them.

Truly-A-Lie:

Mrsnugglesworth:

I'm sure they could try. Dante fighting his way through the spheres of heaven against angels and whatnot. Not saying they should, but I wouldn't put it passed them.

I don't know about that, EA is the good guy now.

Now if Activision was publisher, then yes a sequel would already be being coded by different devs.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here