Modern Warfare 2 Patched, All Is Better Now

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Modern Warfare 2 Patched, All Is Better Now

A patch for Modern Warfare 2 went live this morning for Xbox Live users, with other platforms to follow, to fix many bugs including the Akimbo bug, infinite ammo, and "public" private match issues.

Robert Bowling, Director of Communications and Community Manager for Infinity Ward, announced via Twitter that a patch of Modern Warfare 2 would go live over Xbox Live at 2:00am Wednesday morning. The patch was just for the Xbox 360, but a Playstation 3 patch was released last week and a PC patch on the way.

The full text of the Tweet from Bowling, aka Fourzerotwo: "Alright, just got word the MW2 Xbox 360 patch should start going live at 2 AM. You can now remove my face from your dartboards... for now."

There is also an update on the Infinity Ward forums from Bowling which states what the patch was meant to fix across all the platforms: "Includes: 1887s Balanced. Public "private" Match fix. Infinite Ammo fix. Prestige Hack on PS3 fix. Texture Hack on PC fix (eliminates any edits to IWD files also)."

Can anyone report whether the patch went live for them? Were the bugs squashed like a civilian in a Russian airport? Sorry...

Source: Twitter via Joystiq

EDIT: Kitteh.

I'm interested in how precisely the 1887s have been balanced, those things drive me up the wall... as did public private matches on Rust... brrr...

Greg Tito:
Includes: 1887s Balanced.

Can someone tell me it means by this?? Balanced as in no more akimbos or what???

Maybe now the hate for the unbalanced multiplayer for MW2 will go unjustified.

Or will people find other things to complain about?

Of course they will

Did they fix Soap's hair?

Other than that, Hooray!

grimsprice:
Did it fix the javlin glitch? Or am i like a million years late on that news.

Yeah they were fixed about a month ago...

Mr.Wiggles:

Greg Tito:

Can someone tell me it means by this?? Balanced as in no more akimbos or what???

The overpowering factor of 1887 Akimbos (as I was told by my brother) is that their accuracy factor rolled over, so instead of being super inaccurate at longer range they became super accurate.

At least, that's how I heard it. Fixing that means that they'll still be akimbo-able, but they'll no longer be nearly as effective at long range like they used to be.

Frankly I don't care either way, I'll stick to my Spaz 12. There's something so satisfying about a pump-action shotgun. Like bolt-action rifles.

grimsprice:
Did it fix the javlin glitch? Or am i like a million years late on that news.

Fixed a while ago.

I don't know about anyone else, but 1887s are still cheap as hell in the matches I've been playing. I was kind of hoping they at least take out dual 1887s and just have one.

Also, you can still move super fast with the lightweight/marathon/commando combo while holding a care package marker. (not sure if thats an exploit)

Javelin glitch was fixed awhile ago.

Am I the only one that never really saw a problem with the akimbo 1887's?
Seriously, they were unlocked so late (Level 63) because they were powerful.
You get to use what you earn.

Greg Tito:
"Includes: 1887s Balanced. Public "private" Match fix. Infinite Ammo fix. Prestige Hack on PS3 fix. Texture Hack on PC fix (eliminates any edits to IWD files also)."

False
False
No idea, not my platform
No idea, not my platform
False

Yes it patched to version 174, which is cracked already so pirates can go laugh at people who bought it again.

what about the Free for All in Ground War?

Thank fuck for that. Im glad MW2 listens to its community.

I never had any of those problems, but bravo anyway!

Have they fixed the sprint boost from the Care Package grenade exploit ?

If this multiplayer is supposed to be so amazing (same as with the last), how come all I ever hear about either of them is the ridiculous amount of glitches?

I mean, yeah you'll get them in any game, but it just seems like a constant stream of them.

Cpt_Oblivious:

Yes. He now has a giant pink afro.

I had a glitch yesterday that said I was in team death match but it was domination, soo when it hit 200, it just kept going, and going. It was fun though:P Someone ruined it with a nuke.

LimaBravo:
Have they fixed the sprint boost from the Care Package grenade exploit ?

Nope. I'm watching my brother doing it now.

Mr.Wiggles:

Greg Tito:

When used with akimbo, the range is lowered. I'm not sure how much the range has been lowered, but I'm assuming it's reasonably balanced.

And as for everything else being fixed, I haven't really played too much today so I haven't noticed if any of them have been properly 'squashed like a russian civvie'. Knowing iW however, a worse bug will probably pop up shortly.

Onyx Oblivion:

Cpt_Oblivious:

At least it's better than that insult to mohawks he had before.

Distorted Stu:
Thank fuck for that. Im glad MW2 listens to its community.

Lol

Greg Tito:
The full text of the Tweet from Bowling, aka Fourzerotwo: "Alright, just got word the MW2 Xbox 360 patch should start going live at 2 AM. You can now remove my face from your dartboards... for now."

Ok, I lol'd at that last part.

But the games still far from perfect. The matchmaking, host migration, and spawn system are still a bit shite, the assault rifles as well as well as a few other guns are a bit on the strong side, and the killstreaks are a bit out of control as well, among other things...

Cpt_Oblivious:

Onyx Oblivion:

Cpt_Oblivious:

At least it's better than that insult to mohawks he had before.

I know...the man looks more Army of Two, then Modern Warfare...

hope this means I can finally be able to play a game without getting hacked by the other team. I'm so sick of losing.

Better to patch than to not patch says the optimist in me. The real me says this shit shouldn't even be in the game in the first place!

But still, better it gone than not at all.

Greg Tito:
and "public" private match issues.[/b]

but a Playstation 3 patch was released last week

PS3 patch didn't fix that. It did fix the exploding javelin glitch, but public private matches are still very much in.

Amnestic:
[There's something so satisfying about a pump-action shotgun. Like bolt-action rifles.

And yet they generally leave out the bolt-action rifles. :(

Mr.Wiggles:

Greg Tito:

I think in akimbos, the range has been decreased.

Armored Prayer:

Also, you can still move super fast with the lightweight/marathon/commando combo while holding a care package marker. (not sure if thats an exploit)

You run faster with less weight in your hands, like with a pistol. It's not an exploit just clever gameplay. Suicide bombing is fun!

For weapon balance all I can say is that at least half the people in any match use the SCAR.

HUBILUB:

When I play there's usually someone whining about "noobtubers" and in some rare cases even "campers" in a Domination match.

Frostie:
You run faster with less weight in your hands, like with a pistol. It's not an exploit just clever gameplay. Suicide bombing is fun!

I got the impression that your primary weapon has an effect on your speed no matter what you have in your hand, certainly feels slower to run when I've got an LMG or riot shield on my back than when I've got an SMG, even when I've got the pistol in hand.

Ghonzor:
Am I the only one that never really saw a problem with the akimbo 1887's?
Seriously, they were unlocked so late (Level 63) because they were powerful.
You get to use what you earn.

Powerful stuff should not be unlocked late, it just creates imbalances between those who bothered to grind and those who did not independent of their skill levels. I treat MW2 multiplayer as a casual game to mess around in instead of a serious competitive game for that reason, a game isn't competitive if you don't get a level playing field to work with. Hell, a player below lv30 can't even effectively shoot a heli down!

KDR_11k:

HUBILUB:

When I play there's usually someone whining about "noobtubers" and in some rare cases even "campers" in a Domination match.

Read the invisible text on my first comment
>.>
<.<

HUBILUB:
Read the invisible text on my first comment
>.>
<.<

I did, just had to point out the hilarity of complaining about "campers" in a game mode that's not TDM.

Those public private matches made me rage like nothing else, I went FUCKING BALLISTIC last night when it happened to me 3 times in a row. I snapped my headphone and was || this close to snapping the disc.

So ridiculously retarded. Every single time I would try play domination it would throw me into a 24 player hardcore free for all on rust. The problem with this is, the map is fucking tiny and their aren't enough spawns, you are literally always entirely on tops of people and can't last more than 5 secs because all the spawns are camped aswell. I don't think I have ever been so pissed off at a game that I was every time I got thrown into one of those games, they aren't even fun. So glad I didn't thrown my controller into my lcd tv.

Maybe I can actually play a proper game now that all that is fixed.

Those glitched lobbies were fun- once. Now I want them to go away.

Some dude who had the gall to try and call out my frustration said, "IW wants these in the game and if you don't like them you can leave because they're not going to be patched,"

Thats very nice.

But I don't have it yet....

Been far too busy with Batman:AA

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook