Name Your Own Price for Crayon Physics Deluxe

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Name Your Own Price for Crayon Physics Deluxe

If you haven't picked up Crayon Physics Deluxe yet, now is the time.

Popular indie title and award winner Crayon Physics Deluxe is on sale for whatever the hell you want to pay until January 15. The game normally costs $19.95, so whatever the hell you want to pay is quite a discount, unless you pay more than that, in which case it's not a discount at all.

Crayon Physics Deluxe is a 2D physics puzzle/sandbox game where players must manipulate the pieces of each level to collect a star. Drawing with the mouse creates objects that can form bridges, blocks, or other objects. As the game tells you, it's not about finding any solution, it's about finding the "awesomest" solution.

Finnish developer Petri Purho is holding this sale to celebrate Crayon Physics' one year anniversary. The Escapist's Jordan Deam even reviewed Crayon Physics when it first came out and called it "The first must-play game of 2009." Now it could be the first must-buy game of 2010 when it can be purchased at any price.

I have to admit something: I bought the game for only $1. I feel bad about it, but that's 100 times greater than what many people probably bought it for, so it could be worse. Don't be like me, pay more than $1 and avoid the inner turmoil that is now tearing me apart. Purho's sale is also a test to see how this type of model works compared to other indie developer 2D Boy's World of Goo pay-what-you-want sale, which was a huge success. I'll be interested to see how Crayon Physics does in comparison to World of Goo.

Crayon Physics Deluxe's website can be found here

(Via: VG247)

Huh, that's pretty cool, glad to see a developer trying this kinda thing out

INB4 "FREE! HURR HURR"

awesome, also huzzah for news updates at 5 in the morning.

I'm gonna go pick it up.

also a link to the site would have been nice.

and just encase someone here don't know how to use Google http://www.crayonphysics.com/

and i bought it for 5 bucks, which i must admit is way more than what i payed for world of goo (0.01), but i never really played world of goo any further than what the demo allowed me to do, so my conscience is clear.

Edit: just picked this up for my brother, so a little tip to those of you with siblings, BUY IT!, him and my sister both love it and 5 bucks is a small price to pay to be the big brother of the year, even my mom liked it.

get it naow.

I'm going to buy several copies of this for several people. It's an amazing game.

OP shouldn't feel so bad, I was gonna pay $5 went back and bought it for a buck

I could buy a hundred copies and give the rest out as gifts after the price goes back up

FREE! HURR HURR

In all seriousness, maybe 10$

Can you put 0 dollars/monetary item? Or 0.01 dollars/monetary item?

Don't feel bad man, I spent a penny to get it.

Excellent game, I might go back and buy it for a friend at full price to make up for it.

I'd buy it...

...but I don't have a PayPal account

so you have to have a paypal account in order to get it, basically?

I don't. dang.

$0.01, don't be hatin' Tom!

I paid $2.50. I was gonna pay a dollar, but my dad said he'd pay for it, so...yeah. I paid 250 times more than most people, and also didn't lose any money. *Shrug* Does that mean I helped?

The truth is that I wouldn't pay a cent for something I could find for free as a flash game or something I could download for free from a torrent. (but I won't because that's illegal)

I bought this game as a part of an Indie bundle on Steam half a year back ago. 10 games for the price of $20 USD. Quite a bargain I say plus I got Braid and Audiosurf with it. Do yourself a favor - BUT THIS AWESOME GAME.

At most I'd pay 5 for it though.

I will sell my guitars and buy a copy, just for lolz

Tom Goldman:

I have to admit something: I bought the game for only $1. I feel bad about it, but that's 100 times greater than what many people probably bought it for, so it could be worse.

Ah, the old "Well, others did worse" gambit.

But no, Tom, you only gave one dollar when you knew it was worth more. How much would that one dollar buy you normally? Would you find such a great game at a dollar store? Even in the Gameshop Bargain Bucket, would you find Deluxe Crayon Physics?

When you think of all the sweat that goes into your work, does one dollar seem appropriate?

And the rest of you. For shame. Are you waiting for jobs to be axed just so you can get cheaper games?

(This guilt brought to you today free from someone just getting over a very bad cold ;) )

I paid 16 GBP (30USD) for this >.> it was way too short for it to be worth that and far too easy. Got it off Steam about a year ago.

Just got Crayon Physics Deluxe today. Have yet to try it out. Love these indie games, especially Machinarium.

Hmm... Is this game on Steam by any chance?

Sounds rather cool, so I might check it out.
And it's nice to see indie developers trying out new payment models. Hope they make a killing of it!

I have to wait a couple of days for PayPal to confirm my account before I can get this. This pay what you want idea is pretty good though.

scifidownbeat:
I'd buy it...

...but I don't have a PayPal account

robbins123:
so you have to have a paypal account in order to get it, basically?

I don't. dang.

all you two need is a credit card. You don't need a PayPal account

I think I may be the only person in the world who didn't like this game.

And I can't think of a valid reason why either, I just...didn't.

But still seeing as everyone can now get it for 0.01 I wouldn't say it's a rip off, as I played mine round someone else's house.

I bought it...but what's this about VAT Tax for Finland (22%)?

The_root_of_all_evil:

That little bit of evil was for a good reason. If we support this now, other companies may think of taking it up.

Testing. One. Two. Three.

I have never seen such a crap game in all my life till now... Its so crap i want it. But i certainly wouldn't buy it unless it was 0.50p or less.

The kids i babysit would have so much fun that they would probably never go home.

I paid $0.01 for it and I'm proud. I like being a statistic.

Is there a minimum on what you can spend?

That's strange; it won't accept my card. Damn paypal. Well I was going to pay $10.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Ah, the old "Well, others did worse" gambit.

But no, Tom, you only gave one dollar when you knew it was worth more. How much would that one dollar buy you normally? Would you find such a great game at a dollar store? Even in the Gameshop Bargain Bucket, would you find Deluxe Crayon Physics?

When you think of all the sweat that goes into your work, does one dollar seem appropriate?

And the rest of you. For shame. Are you waiting for jobs to be axed just so you can get cheaper games?

(This guilt brought to you today free from someone just getting over a very bad cold ;) )

Damn it... Now I can't justify paying a dollar for it. Thanks Root, I'm gonna feel miserable and guilty all day long now.

God I feel bad, I bought it for 50 cent (I think thats how it is in america) I really hate myself now :(

I'll probably get it for 1 or 2 $, for a simple reason: I would not buy it for a greater price. It may be worth more, but not for me; for a game that I don't care the least about, it's enough.

BTW: I'm not sure, but it's probably better for them if you pirate it instead of spending 0.01 $, since (as the guys from WoG said) PayPal cuts about 0.30 - 0.40 $ from the sale (so they don't get a dime), plus they "lose" bandwith (for which they have to pay). Probably anything below 0.50 $ is actually a loss to them...

Thats not bad at all! And pretty fun too!!!

I would pay about 5-10

I would buy it... Except I don't have a paypal account... And I don't like giving out my credit card stuff. Anyways, this pay anything is lying. I wanna pay nothing lol.

DemonicKitten:
I have never seen such a crap game in all my life till now... Its so crap i want it. But i certainly wouldn't buy it unless it was 0.50p or less.

The kids i babysit would have so much fun that they would probably never go home.

I played it back when it came out. It's not "crap". It's one of my favorite games last year. Innovative and fun as hell.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here