Final Fantasy XIII International Trailer is Emo

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Final Fantasy XIII International Trailer is Emo

If you're emotionally weak right now, you might want to skip the newest Final Fantasy XIII trailer.

The sparkly shiny world of Final Fantasy XIII is not all "shuga and rainbows" as the game's co-star Sazh Katzroy might say. Final Fantasy XIII's newest "international" trailer seems to be trying to jerk a few tears out of its viewers.

Leona Lewis's "My Hands" sets the emotional mood in a trailer that shows off a bunch of sad people that need a helping hand. The game's characters are trying to forget their pasts, save their children, and escape from loneliness. Of all the Final Fantasy games out there, my favorite characters and most memorable moments are from the SNES-era (including the Opera scene from FF6 and flying to the moon in FF4). Maybe Square Enix can change that with Final Fantasy XIII.

Despite my newly tear-stained cheeks, I like what Square Enix is doing here. Hopefully, it shows that the company is focusing on a well thought out story and deep characters. Many game trailers would try to squeeze in as many explosions and bleeped out curses as possible to try to make a game look cool, and there's plenty of that at the end, but this Final Fantasy XIII trailer's focus is story. The game looks absolutely spectacular, I just hope it has also loads of gameplay like its predecessors.

It's an emu?!

THEN WE MUST DESTROY IT.

Oh, right. My mistake.

OP: I have no real opinion on it, as I've never properly played FF for a large amount of time. It does look very overacted dialogue wise, but that may be a plus, I don't know.

I'm just here for the cheap jokes.

The music is so bad. So bad it distracts from the trailer. Don't tell me that is the theme song?

This might make me in a sad mood if I hadn't already finished the game and know all these scenes (which got me in a bit of a down mood the first time around) x.x

The music makes me shed tears of rage though...

oliveira8:
The music is so bad. So bad it distracts from the trailer. Don't tell me that is the theme song?

Sadly it is.

They said they wanted to make Lightening a female Cloud.

Of course its gonna be emo.

My opinion after seeing this song.

I preferred the japanese song.

It might just be my eyes acting up, but on the youtube video, before it even starts the picture it shows looks like it's saying "Final Fantasy XII" like in the middle of the youtube window, in the fancy text.

Anyone else see that?

That was really...flashy. I'm serious like all the explosions throughout the trailer overwhelmed more than the acting. I might rent this though, I've been looking to give JRPGs another go

Dammit, I need a release date for MOTHERFUCKING MODNATION RACERS. So if I get this, will I have enough money for that?

DAMMIT

Sense. This trailer makes none of it.

While the music was meh, the trailer was gold. Then again when it comes to cinematic display, Squenix is one of the big shots and I expect no less than awesome. Still not as amazing as the Versus 13 trailer, but still good. Now if only I had a damn console to play this game!! Why must you hate PC's Japan!!

Too overdramatic for my tastes. Never really cared for FF anyway

Don't hurt me

Hmmm.... it looks good. Maybe the first newer FF I can actually get will be good.

I cannot WAIT for this I was introduced to FF series when 8 came out and as usual Square Ennix give us graphics Phenomenal for the generation, seriously Everything since 8 has been awesome graphics wise.
If they've fixed the battle system and made a good story i'll be glued to my x-box for day's. Thats assuming my x-box can handle the graphics XD

Right near the end of that, I got chills down my spine.

oliveira8:

Yes, that is the theme song. 'Hands' by UK (YAY! A fellow Brit!) artist Leona Lewis (the only X Factor winner I actually like the music of).

And I actually loved that theme song. It fits the game and theme perfectly and I really love the sound. It doesn't deviate too far from the J-Pop themes of previous installments either, yet gives a refreshing change that's still good music to the entire idea of FF theme songs...

Anyway, I don't care how emo this game will be. I freaking love Final Fantasy and I'm going to love this. That was probably the best game trailer I've seen in a long time anyway, and I love the way they're going with FF XIII. Do we see a contender for FF VII's crown as the best FF game so far? It may be too early to tell so far, but I think it's shaping up to become the best in the franchise (and that is something I don't say lightly, either :D).

I FUCKING HATE LEONA LEWIS.

It has genuinely put me off buying the game. I'd also like to mention that I'm not one to post all-caps sentences often, but I have been angered.

Cool.

I much prefer the original song, but there are worse songs that could have been chosen. At least it's setting the tone. As for the trailer itself, I don't know why, but the voice acting seems not as powerful as I've seen in other trailers.

The one who gives me more, quite aptly, hope for the voice acting is Vincent Martella. I'll still miss my Maaya Sakamoto and Daisuke Ono as Lightning and Snow.

well, as one of the few people who haven't played final fantasy 1 through i'm guessing 13, i think that trailer looked stupid. and i will say this to clarify: i have played 1 final fantasy games, final fantasy tactics i think it was for the ps1

It's a good song that adds to the emotion of the trailer.

Wow, angsty androgynous teenagers waiting in line to fight monsters with sparkly lights and glowy fog, how innovative.

It looks and sounds exactly like every other FF game I've hated.

But then, I hate everything that comes from Japan.

Aw, sad. I thought they changed the theme to the song on this trailer, and I really like this song. My Hands, on the other hand, is... meh.

ehhh, Looks like a return to form, but the music really didn't work with it, rather a sad instrumental, I dont think the Japanese theme works with that trailer either, and to be honest, compared to "Eyes on Me" from FF8 and Garnet's song from FF9, it's really falling short.

That trailer looked really cool. Seems visually stunning. Too bad FF is horribly boring in my opinion.

Furburt:
It's an emu?!

THEN WE MUST DESTROY IT.

Don't you go touching my emus Furb. On a side-note, I never did like squirrels *hint hint*.

OT: Grrrrr ... now you made me want FFXIII again (like, reeeeeeaaaaaalllly want it).

Oh, for Christ's sake, Squeenix, really? Leona bloody Lewis?

I don't have the words. I really don't. I'm gonna wake up in a minute and find out I hallucinated that entire trailer.

The worst thing is, I know I'll still end up buying it like the good little Squeenix bitch that I am.

The background song is atrocious. On the other hand the lip-syncing was great, they actually managed to make it look pretty accurate to what the people are saying. That's something a lot of games still really struggle with. Of course its all FMVs so it's all moot either way.

Hmmm...
I have this game on pre-order and at the same time limiting my coverage of it so nothing gets ruined, including the theme song and voice acting. Yes, I'm putting my blind faith in the hope it will be a bloody good game.
And I like Leona Lewis music as well. The only bearable thing the X-Factor has spewed out since its spawning has been her.
I shall leave now and come back when I quoted, if that happens.

Why choose music with lyrics. It distract people from the ga- Oh.

Captain obvious strikes again!

IdealistCommi:
Dammit, I need a release date for MOTHERFUCKING MODNATION RACERS. So if I get this, will I have enough money for that?

DAMMIT

Bwahahaha! I have infected you with Modnation Racers, you will never escape! Bwahahahaha!

*ahem*

OT: This game looks fun. Hopefully it has a better story and better characters than the first. And its nice to see a trailer that doesn't have an explosion and/or swear every 3 seconds.

So, it's FF: looks good, story makes no sense. Plus a lame background song. I also hate that the afro guy is clearly a comic relief character, if One Piece taught us anything is that afro hair ROCKS!

Irridium:

IdealistCommi:

DAMMIT

Bwahahaha! I have infected you with Modnation Racers, you will never escape! Bwahahahaha!

I was already in love with it, bu8t seeing the Mudkip and the Gundam made it my GOTY. Even it only for the creator.

IdealistCommi:

Irridium:

IdealistCommi:

DAMMIT

I was already in love with it, bu8t seeing the Mudkip and the Gundam made it my GOTY. Even it only for the creator.

They were great weren't they.

Speaking of which, here they are again!

Irridium:

They were great weren't they.

Speaking of which, here they are again!

GAH! Stop making me want to sell my brother for money to buy a time machine to go forward in time and get this game

Now, I'm really want to buy this game. Emotion, Real characters whose purpose isn't to blow shit up, really good story, amazing graphics etc. This is going to be the Final Fantasy of the Final Fantasy. No, seriously, just stop after this one.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here