Watch Mass Effect 2 Played Through in 5 Minutes

Watch Mass Effect 2 Played Through in 5 Minutes

Do you want to see BioWare staff play through Mass Effect 2 via a live stream and then answer questions about the upcoming sci-fi RPG? Well, you've got five minutes to go grab a snack and a drink.

No time to do a real proper news post for this one - are you kidding me? Those things take a while! - because we're coming down to the wire here. In just under f minutes, at 3PM EST (12PM PST), two BioWare staff members, Jesse Houston and Christina Norman, will be playing through the highly anticipated sci-fi epic Mass Effect 2. And it will be streamed via Xfire, so you can watch the whole thing live.

After the gameplay walkthrough (no word on how long it's planned on lasting), there will be a Q&A about the game with - according to Xfire - the game's producer, Casey Hudson. On the other hand, the official BioWare Twitter account doesn't mention Mr. Hudson's name anywhere, so who knows if the man will actually be showing up? Not us!

Anyway, why are you still reading this? Go to Xfire and watch the stream already!

A little more heads up would have been nice!

But no time to complain, off to Xfire!

Why would I do that and ruin stuff for myself?
Don't be silly, Johnny!

Why would I want to watch them play it? Trailers are one thing, but I don't want to have that much spoiled for me!

Did anyone else read the headline and think it was someone beating the game in 5 minutes?

Dan-o-mite:
Did anyone else read the headline and think it was someone beating the game in 5 minutes?

I did lol... woe is me.

Is it sad that I saw the article and looked at the time and looked at the time, only to realize that the playthrough ended a few minutes ago?

maddawg IAJI:
Is it sad that I saw the article and looked at the time and looked at the time, only to realize that the playthrough ended a few minutes ago?

Actually I'm watching it now at the link provided via twitter.

maddawg IAJI:

It's still going. Get there now!

No spoilers...please.

David_G:

maddawg IAJI:

Actually I'm watching it now at the link provided via twitter.

Did they say if they are playing the whole game?

Watching right now*

Your AI friends still looks a bit stupid..

Trying to watch this, but the streaming fils like not working.

Woe is me, I can't even bloody watch it, piece of crap.

-Sigh- I think I'll just start on that HW I should be doing.

Man I'm really torn between the desire to see actual gameplay before release and the desire to keep my experience as spoiler-free as possible...

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...

Dan-o-mite:

*raises hand*

I was expecting to see some sort of lolglitch which forces the end of the game on a leaked copy.

Wow thanks for the heads up! I liked the new combat system it seems much more fluid than Mass Effect 1, also like the new interrupt feature.

...And it's done. It's now just Q&A.

And there were no spoilers. Sweet!

Watched it, didn't care about the Q&A.
I'm pretty psyched.
I wish they showed a combination of PC and 360 gameplay, but I'm still quite happy with what I saw.
Like that jerk who tried to radio in to his superiors after Shepard said 'no'.
Oh yeah, I'll be shooting him too.

ALRIGHT!

Seriously are any of you listening to this Q&A? This guy loves that word.

A little more warning would have been nice, i missed all the gameplay

Baby Tea:
Watched it, didn't care about the Q&A.
I'm pretty psyched.
I wish they showed a combination of PC and 360 gameplay, but I'm still quite happy with what I saw.
Like that jerk who tried to radio in to his superiors after Shepard said 'no'.
Oh yeah, I'll be shooting him too.

Same, I watched the Q&A, and I just wished that the questions were better.

Hopefully I can still start over on ME2 with all my items after I've beaten the game...

EMFCRACKSHOT:

They said that they would re-show it for those who missed it.

Irridium:

EMFCRACKSHOT:

When, if i may ask?

Irridium:

EMFCRACKSHOT:

Thank god! Want to see~!

EMFCRACKSHOT:

Irridium:

EMFCRACKSHOT:

When, if i may ask?

Not sure, soon I would guess.
I'd say just keep checking back there and it should be up eventually.

Jaredin:

Irridium:

EMFCRACKSHOT:

Thank god! Want to see~!

It was awsome, and spoiler free :)

Just in case anyone doesn't know, the repeat is on now. So if you missed anything, or the whole thing, get over to Xfire.

thats really gay, i didn't even get back from class until 3:30

orannis62:
Why would I want to watch them play it? Trailers are one thing, but I don't want to have that much spoiled for me!

It does seem a little stupid, especially for such a story driven game. I'm content with just watching the launch trailer for what mut be the 15th time.

Rusty Bucket:
[snip] I'm content with just watching the launch trailer for what mut be the 15th time.

Oh god, that trailer is so juicy and dramatic. :)

OT: Watched the playthrough and Q&A; latter wasn't amazing, but I enjoyed watching the game footage, and it didn't spoil too much. If anything, I want to see how the game progresses from where it left off... Can't wait for 29th :D

waggmd:
Wow thanks for the heads up! I liked the new combat system it seems much more fluid than Mass Effect 1, also like the new interrupt feature.

Yea, those were my thoughts too. Also, this game looks much better than the first. I just want to jump to Sunday (so that I can watch the Colts make it to the SuperBowl), and then jump straight to Monday @ midnight, when I pick up my copy.

I feel bad for all the European gamers. I don't know if I could wait an extra week!

MOST MISLEADING ARTICLE TITLE EVAR.

I watched it, it was a fifty minute tech-demo/Q&A. It was awesome.

Check the XFire archives if you want to watch it (after the fact).

Dan-o-mite:

That is why I am here. Glad to see that isn't the case. Now why would anyone who is planning on playing this do that? I suppose if I had seen it earlier I could have saved 60 bucks.

The title was misleading.

You don't write "Played through in 5 minutes" unless it's an actual speedrun which this obviously is not.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here