Son Stabs Father Over FIFA 09

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Rinus Michels once said: "Football is war."

He was right.

Now excuse me, I need to rage and yell at my laptop for losing the Champions League final in Football Manager.

"We didn't want him playing violent games."

So you bought him a soccer game. In Italy. Where FIFA has repeatedly sanctioned the country's equivalent of the FA for having fans that are about as neat and orderly as Mussolini's stormtroopers.

Irony? More like "pick your poison."

See? Soccer kills! We must ban it!
Children, I mean people shouldn't keep themselves busy with soccer, they should be playing games, like GTA!

sigh, this was something waiting to happen if it wasnt a game that set him off it might of been something else, i would of hoped that it gives parents and friends pause to look at the people they know who are unstable and obbsessed

*street hawker's voice* Place ya' bets 'ere! How long 'till Atkinson goes batshit over this? 5 bucks on less then a week, sir? Alright, thanks fa' bettin'

See, stick it right too fox and all the people that blame fps games for school shootings! Violent games don't make people violent! Year old sports games with an over competitive and psychopathic kid do!

"Mario is obsessed," his mother said. "He's forever playing on his PlayStation, and we bought him FIFA 2009 because we didn't want him playing violent games."

Oh, the irony. You could cut it, as they say, with a knife.

My god the irony made me laugh!

Didn't Mario just Jump on his fathers head? (see what I did there?)

But seriously, maybe they should have gotten him violent video games, they can be a pretty good outlet for me at times...

oh those italians... gotta love em. and they were named mario and fabrizio... talk about stereo types.

To be fair, football (that's soccer to those of us in North America)fans are fucking intense. Germans and French mobs were going at it during the 06 FIFA. Those guys are crazy, I think jerry might have actually been trying to annex the French fan's restaurant space. Which is odd because they took place in Germany. I said it before, they're nuts.

People like this makes us, gamers, look really bad on the public eye.

i feel bad about laughing.... but thats just too fuckin funny! oh soccer, how much you suck is unfathomable.

OH I LOVE IT!

Not a violent shooter, gory game but Soccer!

SOCCER!
Futball whatever but you know what, outside the USA soccer is probley the most over reacted to sport that real people, riot, murder, trample and destroy over.

The most boring of sports in my eye that some how pits country after country and yet they riot over a win like it meant anything at all.

Proof the USA isn't as violent as ya think.... and if you get worked up over two groups bof guy kicking a ball for scores of 1-0 all year long is worth the violence that very sport projects? Check yerself,

*Meanwhile in Australia, Michael Atkinson reads this and begins a petition to ban all sports, as it makes people violent and everyone who plays or watches any sports will end up stabbing their parents, much like this kid.

Surprised he didn't try to stomp on the dead's head (Sorry, couldn't help it :D)

Holy crap. This kid needs to be removed from society. Whether an asylum or prison. I think it's safe to say he's a menace. It's not like he's all that young either.

benbenthegamerman:

John Funk:
Well if Assassin's Creed 2 has taught me anything, all young Italian men carry swords and kill people, so this really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

"snort" heh...

OT: great. more fodder for thompsin and atkinson. this would make less sense if the kid wasn't obviously certified, but i digress.

I would think this would hurt their argument since this game is very nonviolent as far as I know.

Unless they plan to attack sports as well which will be a much larger market to be attacking.

TimeLord:

"Mario is obsessed," his mother said. "He's forever playing on his PlayStation, and we bought him FIFA 2009 because we didn't want him playing violent games."

It least it's clear that the kid was crazy, and not the fault of the game.

lycanthrope321:

John Funk:
Well if Assassin's Creed 2 has taught me anything, all young Italian men carry swords and kill people, so this really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Ahhhhhh, the gaming humour soothes my anger so easily.

My thought too.
Damn though, this kid has got to be a sociopath. If he had done it in rage and used a nearby object to do it then that would just be anger issues. The fact that he washed the knife without regret... it disgusts me. I also get annoyed every time video games get blamed for violent behaviour, and this is just more reason to.

GamingAwesome1:

Irridium:
Wow, I know Europeans get kind of batshit insane when it comes to football(Soccer), but... wow.

Yeah, it's nuts. The stupidity of the attacks and the morons crying in their seats when their team loses is starting to carry over to the games!

Being a European myself I think they (and this kid) are all idiots. The ones who cause violence not those who like football.

The sad fact is that the ones that cause the violence don't usually even like football.

Also /necro

TimeLord:

Yep. I just hope the press don't make this spin backward...
The politicians wanting to ban videogames will just quote this "A son stabbed his own father because of PLAYING TOO MUCH VIDEOGAMES so we should ban them altogether..."
Instead of focusing on what TYPE of videogame, other people (who do not play videogames) will be hyped up, assuming all videogames condone and promote violence...when in reality, this is not even a violent game! (Sorry, this was NOT SUPPOSED TO BE a violent game, but we all know what happens to Europeans when it comes to soccer...)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here