Death Of The Lich King, World First Kill of Arthas Reported

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Death Of The Lich King, World First Kill of Arthas Reported

A U.S. guild has reported the world first kill of Arthas Menethil, otherwise known as the Lich King of World of Warcraft's latest expansion.

The last wing of the final raid encounter of Wrath of The Lich King opened up only yesterday for World of Warcraft players. One day was all it took for the world's top guilds to rip through the content and kill the Lich King on the easiest level, normal 10-man. The trophy for world first kill goes to Blood Legion, a Horde guild on the U.S. Illidan server. The European guild, Ensidia (Tarren Mill - EU), routinely gets world first kills such as the bosses of Ulduar in WoW patch 3.2, Algalon and Yogg-Saron. Blood Legion beat Ensidia this time, however, by six hours. U.S.A! U.S.A!

Now that the content of the third expansion for the massively popular MMOG is winding down, attention will now shift to what's in store for Cataclysm. The redesign of Azeroth will hopefully push the boundaries of what a perpetual world can accomplish with a worldwide event. Plus, introducing two new races will bump up subscription numbers surely, and players have been asking to play as goblins for a long time.

I know that I can't wait to get my hands on a Worgen. And no, that's not a furry joke.

Source: Wired and Blood Legion

(Image)

Damn it really didn't take them very long did it...
That's definitely commitment right there...

Unexpected. I suppose if we've got a news article on it then it must be a legit kill.

Still, the hard-modes and different progression levels leave people attempting different things. We may see Blood Legion win easy-mode 10 man, but there's still hard-mode 10 and easy/hard-mode 25 man I assume.

Grats to the US though, this has to be your first world-first in...half a dozen raid dungeons now? ;)

How hard was the fight, I wonder? Or were they disappointed with its difficulty?

Take THAT Arthas! I really haven't been paying any attention to WoW news, and this is proof. I had figured you would have been able to kill him in the release version.

HAHAHA.

Sucks to be the king.

Nooooo! The Dark Lord has fallen! Quick rally the scoruge and avenge his death!

OT: Well, the one thing Blizzard has feared has come to reality. There main baddy is killable. I kinda wanna see what they plan to add to the game now that Arthas and the Scourge can be defeated and after Cataclysm of course.

Archemetis:

Thats exactly what I thought.

I cant wait to see the "first to 85" race.

I wish I had an eighty to try this, but alas I dont have the time

So he's dead now. Well I suppose that means Blizzard will have to shut WoW down now. I would love them to do that.

Dang. Arthas is a lot bigger than the rest of that group in that photo.

thenumberthirteen:
So he's dead now. Well I suppose that means Blizzard will have to shut WoW down now. I would love them to do that.

that would be one hell of an april fools joke.

And now Warcraft 4 makes the whole thing non-canon.

Ensidia have Sindragosa in 25 man so Arthas should be dead in a few days, if not only 1. But this is still damn quick for killing a final boss, you can just hear the nay sayers already "I told you WoW is made for casuals now"

Yay US killed...a guy in a...video game...

great *lackluster sigh*

Speaking of added classes I'll start playing when Murlocs become a class

I wants to be a freaky fish guy

silver wolf009:

thenumberthirteen:

that would be one hell of an april fools joke.

What woul happen if they actually ended WoW all of a sudden? The internet could actually explode.

lordlee:
And now Warcraft 4 makes the whole thing non-canon.

Tirion, other lore characters (Sylvanas, Jaina, maybe Muradin) and a bunch of Alliance/Horde heroes kill Arthas. Bolvar Fordragon becomes the new Lich King.

CANON'D.

Exactly the same as how they dealt with Illidan.

What? No report on the item drops? What did Arthas just say "screw you" to them with no items?

Bah, there's still a Lich King, just not played by a long-haired pretty boy.

And no, no loot drops. All they got was a cutscene for their reward.

Archemetis:
Damn it really didn't take them very long did it...

Commitment and obsession...two lines which are very blurry.

Well, congrats to them none the less

Tenmar:
What? No report on the item drops? What did Arthas just say "screw you" to them with no items?

He's Arthas. I can't think of a bigger "fuck you" than to fall off your long held throne to some meddlesome adventurers, and not give them any loot.

When were the player events in World of Warcraft canon, again?

Good job nerds. I wonder what items he dropped...

Armored Prayer:

He's larger than most of the times you see him outside of the raid too...
Odd.

I'm sad now. Arthas was my favorite out of everything WC had.

Archemetis:

Armored Prayer:

Odd.

Somebody never watched Power Rangers as a kid.

Amnestic:

Archemetis:

Armored Prayer:

Odd.

You're trying to say that the Lich King wasn't the ultimate evil and in fact Rita was behind the scourge all along?

"Make my Lich King, Grow!"

I'd bother to gear up for raids if that was true xD

Those guys are going to die of Kungen in their sleep.
Nobody beats Ensidia.

EcksTeaSea:
I'm sad now. Arthas was my favorite out of everything WC had.

Same here. He and Hellscream were my all time favorite Warcraft charcters.

Now there both dead. I'm sad now.

Archemetis:

Amnestic:

Archemetis:

Armored Prayer:

Odd.

You're trying to say that the Lich King wasn't the ultimate evil and in fact Rita was behind the scourge all along?

"Make my Lich King, Grow!"

I'd bother to gear up for raids if that was true xD

If I were any good at making machinima, I'd likely make a short with pretty much that plot.

Seriously though, the reason he's taller is so everyone in the raid can see him clearly when they're ramming their assorted weaponry and spells down his throat, nothing else to it. 'Lorewise' he's the same size he's always been.

Until Lord Z turns up anyway.

Blanks:

Mako Tsunami's not taking any apprentices, but he does offer classes in harpoon throwing and ocean loving...if you know what I mean...*cookie for the reference*

OT: Good for US, I guess. All I know is that I might give WoW a play when the Worgens are released...

Blanks:
Speaking of added classes I'll start playing when Murlocs become a class

Murgle Grurgle!! (Me too!)

The guild leader should have sat on the throne while saying "On your knees, On your knees for the King. The King of Kings..there is only one."- King of Kings, Motorhead (only song from them i think is alright)

Archemetis:

More like obsession...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or