L.A. Noire No Longer a PS3 Exclusive

Pages PREV 1 2

oh its actually murder mystery I always thought it was GTA in the depression era, anyway I'm looking forward to it when it you know, actually comes out

Onyx Oblivion:
Ohh...Looks good. I loved the noir detective "Hotel Dusk" for the DS.

YAY! Now my 360 gets this kind of game.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who played "Hotel Dusk" and this game looks pretty interesting.

I like a good noir as much as the next man, I hope M. Night Shamalyiyon didn't have a hand in writting it.

Andronicus:
Interesting. It's set in a perfectly re-created 1940's Los Angeles, according to Wikipedia, and it's being developed in... Australia? Huh. Weird.

I just solved the game, a Dingo did it.

Wow, I had heard about this game a while back, and thought 'oh, cool.' When nothing new came of it, I just thought they'd cancelled it. If it does get released, I'm definitely giving it a shot.

Everyone's got a price... Microsoft seems good at finding it. :P

YAY! When I heard about this game I was really depressed it would only be on PS3 and I wouldn't get a chance to play it. Now I can. Awesome.

Really lookin' forward to this one! Just another awesome gangster-esque game to tide me over till Mafia 2.

Even though I haven't heard of this game until now. It belies the biggest problem with owning a PS3. A lot of the games are created using the XBox architecture and then ported over. And then we have PS3 exclusives that get ported to 360 before release and then get scaled back to fit on the 360.

No PS3 game has fully showcased the systems abilities. FFXIII was supposed to be the first, but it was cut down for the above reasons. What's the point of having all this advanced architecture if it's not gonna be utilized?

Never heard of it, looks interesting.

Logan Westbrook:
Snip

Thanks a ton for the update on this game. I really mean it, I would probably have never figured out about it toll a bit before release. This game seems right up my valley.

Can't wait.

Ooookay then. Still getting for the PS3, but it all depends on whether or not it's good or bad.

Khitten:
I have honestly never heard of this before. Not even the simplest mention of it. And seeing as how its another pos that does not deem the PC worthy then it can go fuck itself with a deep heat covered retractable stun baton.

Wait, games have to come out on the PC to be any good?

008Zulu:
I like a good noir as much as the next man, I hope M. Night Shamalyiyon didn't have a hand in writting it.

he's been busy on the movie adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Man, I hope he didn't ruin that one. But the odds are not in my favour.

OP: Okay. Multiplats are better for third party sales in general, and allow more gamers to enjoy the experience. I never had plans to get this one. Might get a rent on my PS3 though.

Sir John the Net Knight:
Even though I haven't heard of this game until now. It belies the biggest problem with owning a PS3. A lot of the games are created using the XBox architecture and then ported over. And then we have PS3 exclusives that get ported to 360 before release and then get scaled back to fit on the 360.

No PS3 game has fully showcased the systems abilities. FFXIII was supposed to be the first, but it was cut down for the above reasons. What's the point of having all this advanced architecture if it's not gonna be utilized?

MGS4? Uncharted 2?
LA Noire was never going to "push" any PS3 tech boundaries though.

As a PS3 exclusive, I was considering it. As multi-platform, if it's not coming out for PC, I'll pass. Multi-plats fail on consoles.

As long as the porting goes smoothly it won't matter what console you buy it for. But that all depends on what console it was originally designed on. Pray we don't have a repeat of what happened with Bayonetta.

Huh so what's it going to play like? I wasn't too big a fan of max payne.

Yay, now I can get a game I never heard about!

It looks interesting enough to check out at least.

As a long time Marlowe fan, thanks for bringing this game to my attention, i'd totally missed it. Frankly, I think the setting is underused in games: the last noir game I remember playing was discworld noir.

Mornelithe:
As a PS3 exclusive, I was considering it. As multi-platform, if it's not coming out for PC, I'll pass. Multi-plats fail on consoles.

So Bioshock and Oblivion fail on consoles?

the protaginist:
Oh, you bas-

One of the games I bought my PS3 for is going multi-system!?

Typical.

Anyway, yeah, looking forward to this game, have been for awhile.

Speaking of games no-ones heard of, was there a PS3-exclusive involving Superpowers? I keep thinking of Infamous, but I know that's not it... Anyone knows, PM me?

You bought a system for a game that hasn't come out 4 years after it was announced and just NOW you're upset? I think L.A. Noire being multiplatform is really the last reason someone would regret their PS3 purchase.

Isn't this game from the same developers as The Getaway? I absolutely loved that game, but only in parts. Love/hate sort of thing. It didn't feel finished, the big ambition of recreating London was there but some of the Gameplay was wonky. Athmosphere was awesome and maturity was almost shocking (first time I saw a pair of lovingly rendered breasts in a videogame, incidently first time I shot one), with good dialogue and impressive 'gangster' ambient.

Anyway, I could sort of see the same problems arise with this game as with Getaway (which I think was the most expensive title ever produced at this time). Maybe the developer has learned, maybe not.

Good to see we get some fresh games with a little more subtlety and investigation. Loved games like Gabriel Knight way back, so this has some potential to say the least but as of now I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

As for not being PS3 exclusive: I suspect they developed on PS3 as the lead console so there shouldn't be any hard feeling for a port. It probably would have benefitted from not being ported but in the end noone cares.

Makeshift Koala:
ohhh i remember hearing about this... i remember being a little miffed that it was a ps3 exclusive.. i think.. it looks rather interesting so i may keep my eye on it... mainly cos it looks a wee bit like heavy rain in the 1950's.. which is as close as i can get to heavy rain with and xbox 360... darn.

Alan Wake says hi and to stop ignoring him.

Anyway, if it's not coming to PC, then I'm still buying a PS3 for this game among others when it comes out.

thebobmaster:

Mornelithe:

So Bioshock and Oblivion fail on consoles?

Yep. Should see it on my PC, then you'd understand my statement. Otherwise, it simply sounds like I'm bashing every multi-platform game ever launched. Far from it. In fact, I prefer platform exclusives, PC, or 360, or PS3. For a few reasons:

1) Gives me a reason to own your hardware
2) Software developed for multiple, different architectures = Fail
3) Software developed for individual hardware, utilizes EVERY bit of that architecture to the advantage of the developer/game. As such, the platform exclusives, tend to stomp a mudhole in the multi-plats.
4) My PC is great than the 360 and the PS3. Therefore, roughly 99.9% of all multi-platform games, perform better on my PC.

Basically, if every game was multi-platform, I could finally rid myself of consoles, and simply break down and buy a controller for fighting games/racing etc.. for my PC. Unfortunately, that's not the case. So, until then, I gotta choose where to spend my money. At this point, I buy PS3 exclusives, and the rest I get for my PC.

ChromeAlchemist:

Makeshift Koala:
ohhh i remember hearing about this... i remember being a little miffed that it was a ps3 exclusive.. i think.. it looks rather interesting so i may keep my eye on it... mainly cos it looks a wee bit like heavy rain in the 1950's.. which is as close as i can get to heavy rain with and xbox 360... darn.

Alan Wake says hi and to stop ignoring him.

Anyway, if it's not coming to PC, then I'm still buying a PS3 for this game among others when it comes out.

dang! forgot about him.. sneaky bastard XD

That's not shocking news! What will be shocking news is if the game ever actually sees the light of fucking day at this rate!

Come on Team Bondi! Some time this century?

You know I have a PS2 book stating Assassins Creed was the exclusive title for the PS3... possibly changed that idea when they realised there's more money to be made from selling the games on multiple consoles. Here is probably no different... can't blame them.

Why have I never heard about this game?! I love the film noire style, I can't wait for this! I'll still get it for the PS3 though.

Kentucky:
oh its actually murder mystery I always thought it was GTA in the depression era, anyway I'm looking forward to it when it you know, actually comes out

If you want GTA in the depression era, check out the Mafia series.

YEEEEEEEEEEEES!
I just loved that game from the very moment I heard about it, and now I can play it on my old warhorse, the 360.
It always struck me as a kind of noir GTA, which is almost my perfect game.
EDIT: GTA is not my perfect game, I mean a noir GTA would almost be. Poor choice of words there.
Ooh, and:

Cowabungaa:
If you want GTA in the depression era, check out the Mafia series.

Eeeh. Personally, holding my breath to let Mafia 2 and LA Noire fight it out if they won't just leave each other alone, being ENTIRELY DIFFERENT GAMES and all that.

Okay, seriously. If the 360 has sold more units, then I think that we can rationalize that more copies of a game will sell on it.

Between L.A. Noire and Red Dead Redemption, Rockstar is really pandering to my niche interests of Noir and Westerns lately.

That's an easy question...none.
I will not buy this, because I just don't want to.

I just read about this in GI today. I am excited bcause I love the crime solving games like CSI, but the unfortunate aspect is that the CSI games are more like point and click adventure/puzzle/escape games you see via Newgrounds and Addicting Games. This one is artistically brilliant and the gameplay seems incredible. Being an 360 only gamer, I am happy that I will get to play this come Fall.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here