Cool Steampunk Lunchbox for the Scientist on the Move

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Cool Steampunk Lunchbox for the Scientist on the Move

When you have to leave the lab, make sure you have somewhere to put your sandwiches.

Whether piloting a dirigible or battling mechanical serpents, being a man - or lady - of science will often take you to the strangest of places, so it often behoves one to take a packed lunch. Sadly, common luncheon vessels are often much too pedestrian for a true scientist to be seen with.

Thankfully, the constant search for an appropriate place to put the cucumber sandwiches and raspberry tarts is over, for one lucky soul at least, with this custom-made steampunk lunchbox. According to its creators, the box "is simply ready for any adventure," although in their eyes is should be used for tools, not snacks.

Either way, the box seems fairly elaborate in its design, and sort of looks like it should be powering something, like an Etherite Evaporator or a Tesla Armature. Personally, I'm just pleased to have somewhere to put my lunch.

Source: Fashionably Geek

my first thought was that it looks like a time machine!

And how much would that bad boy set you back?

That's freaking sweet! I just wonder how much it would set me back to get one.

That looks absolutely hideous. So much is intended for aesthetics but the result just looks far to "busy".

Holy shit. I'd totally buy that.

Steampunk lunchbox?
Steampunk lunchbox?
Steampunk lunchbox?

It's a Steampunk Lunchbox...

It even has a lock on it! I want it.

sms_117b:
That looks absolutely hideous. So much is intended for aesthetics but the result just looks far to "busy".

Yep, total agreement. Steampunk is about elegance, not "how many gears can I stick on this thing." Looks like the paint job was done with an eraser. And are those rivets or a Bedazzler run amok?

That looks like the lunchbox a Big Daddy in Rapture should be carrying around. It looks so freaking awesome! Where do I buy it and how much?

Looks fucking terrible.

Steampunk is cool but its not about how much shit you can cover something in.

They sold out today dammit X3 And $40.

i still don't see why steampunk is good. Could someone explain why someone would shell out extra money when they could save half of it and still get something that is as good as it.

tellmeimaninja:
Steampunk lunchbox?
Steampunk lunchbox?
Steampunk lunchbox?

Your thought process amused me greatly.

I agree with the "too busy" crowd. As SP has become more widely known the "add gears for massive damage!" attitude has overtaken the "Victorian mixed with punk" aesthetic. So long as something cranks, turns, or does whatever onomatopoeia gears do it seems to count.

Where are the belts, where is the gentlemanly manner?

It's certainly not bad, but it is over elaborate and somewhat cheap looking. Still, A for effort.

Coming in 2011: Dispenser.

NEED A DISPENSER HERE, NEED A DISPENSER HERE, NEED A DISPENSER HERE, NEED A DISPENSER HERE, NEED A DISPENSER HERE, NEED A DISPENSER HERE, NEED A DISPENSER HERE

BlueTomfoolery:

It actually sends your lunch back in time. But you can't forget to pack lunch after you've eaten. Usually, if you forget to pack lunch, all that happens is that you go hungry, or need to bum it off a friend, but if you forget to pack lunch you've already written, you pretty much endanger the entire causality of the universe.

Yeah, I pretty much ripped that off from Terry Pratchett. But it just felt fitting.

BlueTomfoolery:

It keeps your lunch perpetually suspended in moist and delicious freshness!

The Random One:

BlueTomfoolery:

It actually sends your lunch back in time. But you can't forget to pack lunch after you've eaten. Usually, if you forget to pack lunch, all that happens is that you go hungry, or need to bum it off a friend, but if you forget to pack lunch you've already written, you pretty much endanger the entire causality of the universe.

Yeah, I pretty much ripped that off from Terry Pratchett. But it just felt fitting.

For some reason you made me think of Schrödinger's cat. And it made me laugh.

tellmeimaninja:
Steampunk lunchbox?
Steampunk lunchbox?
Steampunk lunchbox?

I KNOW! I must get it! It looks awesome!

"Cool" and "luncbox" just dont belong in the same sentince.

Hehehe... that's better than what I use (Wal-Mart plastic bags).

zauxz:

Although that statement made me laugh. I disagree with it

OMG!

I want that lunch box! Give it to me!

That thing looks absolutely atrocious I have to say. I wouldn't get it.

Aaaaah, there's my lunch box, i dropped it after i warped ou of the 50's...

OT: Not sure if i'd want that too much, looks cool, but a little, cluttered at the same time.

Now that thing looks awesome.

"Steampunk" refers to anachronistic devices implemented using 1800's era technology. A steam-powered computer or rocketship or something. Last I heard they had normal lunch boxes back then, nothing anachronistic about them, and we don't have fancy super-techno lunch boxes today.

This product is stupid.

It looks like it took alot of time to make but its also looks ugly. It seems overdone to me I would have liked a simpler and less cluttered design or maybe one that flowed through each part more smoothly. This just looks like the guy keep sticking things on till he ran out of space.

Sold out...

Excuse me. I'm going to go cry in the corner. Good day.

It looks a little too clutered to me, I thought Steampunk as meant to have something of a grace to it as well?

sms_117b:

Yeah...not something you wanna commute with...

Jaredin:

sms_117b:

Yeah...not something you wanna commute with...

"oh, hello, mind if I sit here?"

'Oh, not at all, Im just eating my lunch and...."

"oh MY GOD! HE HAS A BOMB! TERRORIST!"

98% likely if you have that with you in the US.

They've stuck too much stuff on that thing, and the paint job looks way to consistently 'worn'.

zauxz:

Not true, I have the Fallout 3 lunchbox you get for buying the Special Edition. Coolest lunchbox ever. Shame that I never pack a lunch for anything, that thing really is beautiful.

OT: It looks ugly as fuck. I'd buy it if it was true steampunk.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here