Korean Otaku Marries Anime Body Pillow

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

I don't know whether I should facepalm, laugh, or stare blankly at my computer. I'll just stare and express my feelings with h2'd ellipses.

Gigaguy64:
........im going back to bed.
Wake me up when people can think rationally again.

You'll be asleep for a loooong time, my friend. A loooong time.

Whatever, it's not like he's doing anything he wouldn't have done anyway, but he's just gone and told everyone about it for good measure.

I'm surprised that nobody else has said this yet... but a couple of months ago 30 Rock did an episode on this.
James Franco, as himself, was madly in love with his anime body pillow, and tried to cover it up by arranging girlfriends through his agent.
It was a really, really funny episode actually.

OT: Yeah not much to say... I have no expectations left for the human race as a whole

Loving a pillowcase is getting to be popular... With some Asian countries getting such a high percentage of elderly it's hardly surprising, especially with anime culture being what it is. NY Times had a very interesting article about that last year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/26/magazine/26FOB-2DLove-t.html?_r=2&pagewanted=1

Furburt:

Catkid906:

Calumon: Humans are boring and weird. Why can't we all love me?

Because you're not real dammit! YOU'RE NOT REAL! AAAAAARGH!!

Don't deny the power of Calumon. Let this be a lesson to all as Furberts brain caved in on itself, all because of Calumon.

Calumon: image

John Funk:
...judging by the popular opinion expressed in fanart and fanfiction, his new bride is a total lesbian.

Bwahahaha!
How did no-one else comment on this yet?
Funk, I love you.
Just hilarious.

More on topic: What can you really say about this guy? Marrying a pillowcase?
I'd just feel bad for making a snide remark at his expense. It's like tripping a blind guy.
He can't help being an awkward geek who loves a pillowcase.
You know, I actually feel worse for his parents. "Yup. That's my son. And our...daughter-in-law...the pillowcase."

will1182:
His parents must be so proud of him...

This is the type of thing that came to my mind after I finished face-palming.

How could anybody do that? I mean the personal embarrassment is one thing, but humiliating your family to boot?

Obsession just goes way too far with some people.

AvsJoe:
I don't know whether I should facepalm, laugh, or stare blankly at my computer. I'll just stare and express my feelings with h2'd ellipses.

Gigaguy64:

I hope so.
My dreams arnt as crazy as people like this.
And i once dreamed i was playing football in a Gundam.
I won the game by putting the ball in my shoulder cannon and firing it through the Freedom Gundam into the Arms of the G Gundam for a touchdown.
I kid you not. :3

Catkid906:

Because that'd be loving a Program, and someone already did that

Catkid906:

Furburt:

Catkid906:

Don't deny the power of Calumon. Let this be a lesson to all as Furberts brain caved in on itself, all because of Calumon.

Bah, never did like Digimon much anyway.

They never had a good game..

Anyway, enough of this. Let us continue to laugh at the deluded man who married a pillow.

I think this is going to turn into a Ghost in a Shell type thing.

Furburt:
Now this isn't racism I'm about to spout, but is it just me or are Korean, Chinese and Japanese nerds just a touch more demented than any other nerds?

I just don't get it, why are they the crazy ones?

No, they are.

Remember that guy who married a video game character?

Yeah....

I didn't even know you could marry inanimate objects.

Saw it on that site first. Makes me feel special. And perverted since that IS Sankaku Complex...

Anyways, there's no feeling like being ronery.

Well, I guess ANYTHING's preferable to being alone.

Gigaguy64:

AvsJoe:

Gigaguy64:

I hope so.
I won the game by putting the ball in my shoulder cannon and firing it through the Freedom Gundam into the Arms of the G Gundam for a touchdown.

That's a pretty neat dream. Most of my dreams would make adequate scripts for movies (except last night's dream which would just be an unfunny rip-off of Zombieland).

is it just me or the guy in the pic is kissing the pillowcase pside down?? (the feet of the anime character to be more presise)

i can only say this that pillow must hate itself right now

DarkRyter:
Well, I guess ANYTHING's preferable to being alone.

Even being turned into a laughing stock?

Catkid906:

Furburt:

Catkid906:

i...i.....cant stop....looking...at....the....cute.....

Gigaguy64:

See ya in 500 or so years when everyones either dead or the words "think rationally" change definition.

Gigaguy64:

See ya never pal. Say hi to prof.Farnsworth for me.

AvsJoe:

Gigaguy64:

AvsJoe:

Gigaguy64:

I hope so.

That's a pretty neat dream. Most of my dreams would make adequate scripts for movies (except last night's dream which would just be an unfunny rip-off of Zombieland).

Haha.
Most of my dreams are ether Deja Vu, it happens all the time ,just yesterday i did something i dreamed i would and it was like......wow Freaky, or Based on what Manga i read that day.
Iv dreamed in Manga Panels before.

Marrying inanimate objects?
Crazy.

Marrying fictional characters?

Crazy

Marrying a pillow that's a plush representation of a fictional character from an anime you are obsessed with (which I think in and of itself is grounds for being called crazy)?

Crazy!!!!!1!!one!!eleventy!!!

But seriously, this dude is crazy, and perhaps the single most pathetic person I have ever heard about for marrying a freaking body-pillow of an anime character. How on earth is it even legal to 'marry' an inanimate object in the first place?

Tenmar:
This is so wrong on so many levels. We really need to find a way to actually get people to go outside and away from computers to meet people and make friends again in the immediate area. It's already hard enough with everything going digital like job hunts(no more social networking for employment) and now relationships.

EDIT: You know if he changed the pillow case, does that mean he is having an affair? I mean did he marry the pillow or the pillow case?

It would make sense that he married the pillow, then changing the pillow case would be the same as a human wife having drastic plastic surgery. ...so you know that the most likely choice is that he married the pillowcase, meaning that his wife performs the body-swap technique every so often.

Aura Guardian:

Gigaguy64:

Cant, i kicked him out of my head years ago.
His good news was never good for me, mostly painful.

Wait, what? Fate is off the market?! Dammit!

John Funk:

Right when I was eating as well :(

Gigaguy64:

Aura Guardian:

Gigaguy64:

Then tell Bender I said Hi.

If we had realistic girl robots I could understand marrying those easily. Marrying a doll, yeah, I could see that to some degree. But a pillow? A big rectangular object with a character printed on it? That doesn't even have boobs!

Besides, even if you treat such an object as a lover do you really need to marry it?

Did he put "her" on his life insurance policy?

In his will?

At least he won't have to worry about "her" getting mad about him missing their anniversary.

Aura Guardian:

Gigaguy64:

Aura Guardian:

Gigaguy64:

Then tell Bender I said Hi.

will do.
if he hasn't bent the door shut again though....

Catkid906:

Furburt:

Catkid906:

Bawwwwww! Look at it, it's so cuuuute!
That is the cutest little thing I've ever seen! I want one!

Gigaguy64:

AvsJoe:

Gigaguy64:

AvsJoe:

Gigaguy64:

I hope so.

Haha.
Most of my dreams are ether Deja Vu, it happens all the time ,just yesterday i did something i dreamed i would and it was like......wow Freaky, or Based on what Manga i read that day.
Iv dreamed in Manga Panels before.

I daydream Presque Vu's myself. DeJa Vu's piss me off but Presque Vu's always intrigue me. Presque Vu is more or less the opposite of DeJa Vu BTW.
As for dreaming in Manga Panels, that would be AWESOME! I wish I could do that! The closest that ever happens to me is when the entirety of my dream is in Tetris or Minesweeper form.

Officially ashamed to be Korean at this moment...

The DSM:
Wow society has fallen a long llloooonnng way.

Possibly longer than long cat...

nothing is longer then long cat

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook