Korean Otaku Marries Anime Body Pillow

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Face meet palm.

Seriously? I mean, just... seriously? Love Pillows are creepy enough, MARRYING one just push's the creepy way too far.

answer to moral question about sexbots. Yes, I will marry one, and should, in the midst of the robot apocalypse, she decide to kill me, I would be cool with that.
Other than a sexbot though, marrying a body pillow is about a alright as my not so lawful marriage to my playstation 2.

Gamegodtre:
Resist urge to comment
Resist urge to comment
Resist urge to comment
darn it i just cant resist, does the pillow have a hole?

Of course it does, how else would it ea... OHH!

Brad Shepard:

Lullabye:

lhin:
good news gents! he won't be able to procreate, that's one less retard off the world gene pool.

Heh, this is the first thing I thought.

Brad Shepard:
what in the hell! First a DS, now a Pillow that most likley has a hole in it, whats next?

At least eh D.S had an A.I. I mean, a pillow isn't much in the way of a conversationalist now is it?

ok... you have a point, i just want to see the DS guy's DS die in the middle of... somthing, he will have a heart attack.

Heh, I could see already. Him and her(?) on their anniversary, and the battery runs out halfway through the dinner, and the rushes over to the hospital.
Hmm, I can't wait till mainstream media catches wind of this.

Lullabye:

Brad Shepard:

Lullabye:

lhin:
good news gents! he won't be able to procreate, that's one less retard off the world gene pool.

Heh, this is the first thing I thought.

Brad Shepard:
what in the hell! First a DS, now a Pillow that most likley has a hole in it, whats next?

At least eh D.S had an A.I. I mean, a pillow isn't much in the way of a conversationalist now is it?

ok... you have a point, i just want to see the DS guy's DS die in the middle of... somthing, he will have a heart attack.

Heh, I could see already. Him and her(?) on their anniversary, and the battery runs out halfway through the dinner, and the rushes over to the hospital.
Hmm, I can't wait till mainstream media catches wind of this.

and 5 bucks says they blame it on Anime, not this guys mental stuper. (Turns TV to Fox News)

(Post 1337 :P)

This is just fucking sad. It's pretty obvious this guy couldn't get a real girl to marry him.

WHAT!

Why would that pillow settle for such a below-average man.

Come on, pillow, you deserve better than him! I bet he won't even get you new pillowcases too!

If you, uh, wanna come over to my house for comfort, I'm here anytime.

future domestic arguments
1. how come i go out to work and you just lie about in bed ?
2. why are you sitting on my wife's face ?
and 3. you will just sleep with anybody won't you ?

( might have been done already, could not be bothered checking all 5 pages )

My head meats hurt. :(

Oh, those craaazy asians... Things are so odd over there, rape-based video games, men marrying pillows and video games, drinks with "piss" in the name... will the craziness ever end?

Edit -

blakfayt:
answer to moral question about sexbots. Yes, I will marry one, and should, in the midst of the robot apocalypse, she decide to kill me, I would be cool with that.
Other than a sexbot though, marrying a body pillow is about a alright as my not so lawful marriage to my playstation 2.

You'd best not marry them sexbots. You'd anger the Space Pope.

Furburt:
Now this isn't racism I'm about to spout, but is it just me or are Korean, Chinese and Japanese nerds just a touch more demented than any other nerds?

I just don't get it, why are they the crazy ones?

Well (IM USING SARCASM!) they have no souls, why do you think they're at good at video games? But yeah they're the nerdiest when it comes to things like this, it just has to do with what you're mostly exposed to growing up

Furburt:
Now this isn't racism I'm about to spout, but is it just me or are Korean, Chinese and Japanese nerds just a touch more demented than any other nerds?

You are 100% correct. They are completely batshit insane. And I have no idea why.

Woo!

<

Gigaguy64:

Thanks man.
(grabs a Samus pillow and locks his door)

Oh wait...that's weird...

OT: So what if he actually falls in love (AHAHAHA) but I'm talking purely hypothetical here. Would he have to divorce his pillow? Or could he just...throw it out and call it a done deal...

This could easily be the most depressing thing I've ever read.

Two men who love each other can't get married, but this guy can marry an inanimate object?

WTF dude?

Before I would have said "only in Japan", now I say "only in Asia". As far as getting busy with non-humans, though, I'd say the Japanese are still on the cutting edge; what with their selection of specialized "companion" robots.

?????

!!!!!

I think that sums up what I have to say. Ain't punctuation grand?

In all seriousness, what is this guy's problem? Even I'M not this pathetic (and I have an imaginary girlfriend...not that I ever tell...goddammit.)

What.
A.
Tit.

I'd give a picture or something of an epic facepalm, but I don't have the right one to describe this one. Er...or any for that matter.

EDIT: I also opted to stay off the marriage laws aspect to keep myself from raging, but I'm finding it difficult to resist the tantrum. I mean, doesn't this just slap all good citizens in the face?

Realistic looking human computers has been something everyone has thought of, and some have been turned into movies but you have to see it from their point of view. You cannot be rejected, you cannot be made fun of, and you cannot be judged by an inanimate object. Nobody would want to work to get the love of their life if they can just make one, no matter what your answer to that is in the end its true. Now this is a good example, the man married his pillow and we all find it hilarious but if he married something that looked human and more-or-less acted human than it wouldn't be seen as taboo.(or at least that severe)

Can't think of anything to say. In utter shock so I'll just quote the comment I feel expresses my feelings about this.

Gigaguy64:

Furburt:

Gigaguy64:
........im going back to bed.
Wake me up when people can think rationally again.

See you...never.

We've always been this crazy, we just never had worldwide news to broadcast our craziness.

Isn't modern media amazing?

There we go.

EDIT: After a few moments of thought and about three pints of Jack I do have one more thing to say. If this is legal and gay marriage isn't we really need to reevaluate our moral values.

Brad Shepard:
and 5 bucks says they blame it on Anime, not this guys mental stuper. (Turns TV to Fox News)

And now a Fox News special report on a threat to our country.
*Glenn Beck program starts*
My fellow countrymen, the Japanese haven't actually given up on their World War II mission to destroy the values and sovereignty us Americans hold dear. They took animation, one of our grand cultural facets, and bastardized it, then perverting it into the un-Christian, anti-family monstrosity it is now. It's very apparent when you see our kids reading their sick "manga" that Japan is encroaching on our very art, and it's further apparent when it takes away good shelf space from genuine American superheroes in our book stores. If this violation of common patriotism doesn't offend you, look at this Korean man. He married a pillowcase of a girl in one of these sick cartoons. *starts waterworks* If this *sob* doesn't convince you *slight whine* of the perversion Japan is foisting on us *some whining*, then you have no decency as an American.
*breaks down in tears*
I'm sorry, I'm just so concerned for the well-being of our culture, and I'm so afraid that it's all gonna fade away because these smut peddlers like Viz, Tokyopop, and Del-ray, that can hardly call themselves patriotic, along with the Japanese who wish to destroy us, have a grip on our children. And you know who else is to blame? Barack Hussein Obama. Sure, this pervertedness has been distributed well before his presidency, but isn't it interesting that he came from Hawaii, you know, the state with Pearl Harbor? Isn't it also interesting that these...cartoons happened to start being imported in the 60's, the decade he was born? And lastly, isn't it interesting how open our president wants to be with countries who explicitly hate our guts. I just ask, America, that you think on these points and question with boldness.

...wow, that was a lot of effort I put into a response to a one-off Fox joke. Also, note that I don't actually watch Glenn Beck's show, so my impersonation is suspect.

"Marriage is not between two men or women, but between a man and a women!...and pillows!"

Furburt:

Because they invent words for all their sub categories of nerds.

When I read this I facepalmed so fucking hard that I'm sure even the Kraken felt shockwaves.

A random person:

Brad Shepard:

And now a Fox News special report on a threat to our country.
*Glenn Beck program starts*
My fellow countrymen, the Japanese haven't actually given up on their World War II mission to destroy the values and sovereignty us Americans hold dear. They took animation, one of our grand cultural facets, and bastardized it, then perverting it into the un-Christian, anti-family monstrosity it is now. It's very apparent when you see our kids reading their sick "manga" that Japan is encroaching on our very art, and it's further apparent when it takes away good shelf space from genuine American superheroes in our book stores. If this violation of common patriotism doesn't offend you, look at this Korean man. He married a pillowcase of a girl in one of these sick cartoons. *starts waterworks* If this *sob* doesn't convince you *slight whine* of the perversion Japan is foisting on us *some whining*, then you have no decency as an American.
*breaks down in tears*
I'm sorry, I'm just so concerned for the well-being of our culture, and I'm so afraid that it's all gonna fade away because these smut peddlers like Viz, Tokyopop, and Del-ray, that can hardly call themselves patriotic, along with the Japanese who wish to destroy us, have a grip on our children. And you know who else is to blame? Barack Hussein Obama. Sure, this pervertedness has been distributed well before his presidency, but isn't it interesting that he came from Hawaii, you know, the state with Pearl Harbor? Isn't it also interesting that these...cartoons happened to start being imported in the 60's, the decade he was born? And lastly, isn't it interesting how open our president wants to be with countries who explicitly hate our guts. I just ask, America, that you think on these points and question with boldness.

...wow, that was a lot of effort I put into a response to a one-off Fox joke. Also, note that I don't actually watch Glenn Beck's show, so my impersonation is suspect.

i got a huge laugh out of it :)

shaboinkin:
"Marriage is not between two men or women, but between a man and a women!...and pillows!"

No. They're called "breasts", not "pillows"! Bad shaboinkin!

I think I will marry a breakfast burrito ... but don't ask where it when >_> I know nothing!

I have a question. Would it be weirder if it was a furry on the pillow?

It makes you fear for the future when game designers/robotechnicians actually carter to this demograph; the kind that will end up marrying the product!

She told me she was single. :(

And suddenly I have the thought that it was better Wilson got lost at sea in Castaway.

*points and laughs*

I really don't think there's anything else left to it.

Where to begin, where to being....
Are these men revolting? Are women becoming so inaccessible that a video game or a 5' sack of cotton fill is now a suitable alternative to living breathing flesh and blood people? Is it really so bad, considering that this may prevent men that would do this sort of thing from breeding?

Also, the man married a pillow, so unlike that DS guy, at least he can... in a way, copulate with it. I don't know if that makes this better (yay, he can intercourse with his pillowife!) or worse (boo, he can intercourse with his pillowife!). I get the feeling it's worse, but then love makes fools of us all.

Gigaguy64:
........im going back to bed.
Wake me up when people can think rationally again.

You will sleep a long loooong time my friend.

Oh, and how does the pillow consent?

Man if his pillow catches him with a trampy throw pillow on the couch he's going to be stuffed. Pun intended.

Think about it, people. Aleast he's never going to have kids of his own in the future. Maybe if more people were into this sort of thing...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here