Korean Otaku Marries Anime Body Pillow

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Furburt:
Now this isn't racism I'm about to spout, but is it just me or are Korean, Chinese and Japanese nerds just a touch more demented than any other nerds?

I just don't get it, why are they the crazy ones?

I'm sure there are plenty of other slightly (or extremely) mad people all over the world, my guess is that they are just scared of coming out of the closet.

I think that if this were to happen in some southern states of the good ol' U S of A (God bless her) they might revert back to a simpler time and simply lynch the dude and his beloved.

As usual I blame the parents...

Furburt:
Now this isn't racism I'm about to spout, but is it just me or are Korean, Chinese and Japanese nerds just a touch more demented than any other nerds?

Isn't StarCraft S. Korea's official sport?

That may help answer your question...

Otakus scare me. I had an encounter with them once. They really don't know how to talk to people. But lets not forget, that to an Otaku real people are just not as good as anime people. Anime characters are larger than life; she is not just an ordinary girl. He probably knows everything about her and believes that she understands him.

The only problem is that it is a one sided relationship, and she couldn't say "NO!"

And this is why genocide isn't just the answer, but why it has to begin in the far east.

AdamRBi:

I'm just really curious about her parents, the artists that created the character, think about their daughter getting married off to some guy who's sexual orientation towards soft, plush, woven fibers is really... rather quite confusing.

Considering the animation studio behind Nanoha also brought us such gems as Night Shift Nurses, I'm sure they're hailing this as a great success.

the mentioning of the realistic sexbots reminded me of one of Yahtzee's videos where he said that Virtual Sex would wipe out the entire population. That statement could come true 0.0

I don't think it's a big of a deal in their country as we're making it out to be, I hope they have a lovely fufilled life together.

RicoADF:
what I wanna know is how this guy gets around copyright/trademarks. After all the character would be a TM of the company, and by marrying it hes saying that its his....
That aside, thats just strange, idk how some people survive as long as they do.

I suppose that if any execs of the company that owns the copyright to the character got wind of this news, first thing they'd LOL hard and/or stare dumb-founded, then shake their head disappointed at the guy. In other words, the thought of suing him would only be laughing material for them.

I'm not very familiar with copyrights in general, but can they still sue him without him making money in any way from this pillow wedding nonsense?

Indeed, it is strange that same sex marriage is still restricted when someone can marry wads of cotton made to look like a familiar pattern... Only a matter of time till we can marry more abstract things.
Excuse me gentleman, I have to go start planning my marriage to Justice.

Well, you gotta find love sometime......Good for him,.......i suppose :-/

The pinnacle of pathetic, right there.

Hey, if the man is truly happy, then more power to him. I won't judge.

Furburt:

I think cos like their society demands much more obedience and social protocol, when they go crazy they really go! Hence why they have pantie vending machines etc.

Wow, this reminds me of an article I read quite a while ago in "GAMES TM" called 'Kongetsu' by Tim Rogers. In it he was talking about how the western media has a tendency to pick up on these type of extreme gamer stories and stereotype the Japanese and Korean gamers as being a little south of sane while ignoring the fact that the vast majority of gamers are ordinary

My initial response was "LOL WUT", but it seems as if these kind of things happen more and more often. Still though... Marrying a fictional character? There's a clear line between realism and fiction, and more and more people appear to be unable to see that line.

Ah well, at least he doesn't inflict a massacre on a school...

awww, I guess that is just shows that there is someone (thing?) for everyone.

I sometimes wonder if the invention of sex robots would somehow bring extinction to the human race. Because, having a relationship with a object is just so much more simple.

However, I am not worried. Given the reliability of current technology I am sure that there will be stories emerging about people who met in maintenance shops when their sexbots broke down.

Furburt:

I think what whould be even worse is people who pay hundreds to get those things shipped so they too can make out with a stuffed bag because girls don't want to talk to you about your plastic figuring collection.

sheogoraththemad:
WTF LOL OMG LOL WOOT ROFL

That sir, is not a very intellectual response and we here on The Escapist pride ourselves with being a bit more vebrose, such behavior isn't exactly tolerated.

I'm going to go jump off a cliff while blowing my brains out with a Barret .50 caliber sniper rifle now... Humanity is dead...

I would have said "well... ok...." if it was like a high quality sex toy puppet or something... but a pillow?

A PILLOW?

what.

Shows that that guy had a one in a million insane idea how to get media attention in a media world that is already pretty much saturated with any form of retardation and weirdness.

Don..DOn't worry baby i know its your first time.
*Cuts a small hole at the point where the legs on the pillow meet*
Ah there there its ok , your a real sex pillow now.

Or

What would you like to eat tonight honey?
Stuffing.. sounds good to me.

Or

10 years down the road when the pillow has lost stuffing and isn't the same shape as when he first married it.

You really let yourself go honey, maybe you need some plastic sugery
*goes out to buy some stuffing*

Or

*while out shopping*
*notices a newer model pillow*
*ponders if he should upgrade*

Really this is sad , i hope this guy actually meets a real woman eventually, but if not, more for the rest of the regular guy.

TheSeventhLoneWolf:
Well. So long as he's happy.

I suppose he'll never feel a proper heartbreak. Unless it shrinks in the wash.

Wouldn't it be a good thing if it shrinks in the wash?

A pillow?

But..But what about an Love doll?

They last longer!

Stranger of Sorts:
Why is it always the Japanese?

HA!

Anyway...Yep, this whole thing is quite freakish. That guy needs some...cats. *cough*

GloatingSwine:

AdamRBi:

I'm just really curious about her parents, the artists that created the character, think about their daughter getting married off to some guy who's sexual orientation towards soft, plush, woven fibers is really... rather quite confusing.

Considering the animation studio behind Nanoha also brought us such gems as Night Shift Nurses, I'm sure they're hailing this as a great success.

Was that a bad anime series or something? It still blows my mind that this is all legal and not a bloody soul who knew this guy tried to talk him out of it in any way shape or form.

dalek sec:

GloatingSwine:

AdamRBi:

Was that a bad anime series or something? It still blows my mind that this is all legal and not a bloody soul who knew this guy tried to talk him out of it in any way shape or form.

As the resident Nanoha fanboy I have to say that no, Nanoha is not a bad anime and is rather respected. However, the studio that made it (Sever Arcs) only made hentai before that, and considering its origins (Nanoha was a minor character in a visual novel), I'm amazed Nanoha ended up good.

Edit: Oh, you were referring to Night Shift Nurses, in which case it was some random hentai thing.

dalek sec:

Night Shift Nurses is one of the more infamous hentai VN and anime series of the last few years. I presume as long as you like bondage, torture, and coprophelia/coprophagia you'd find something in it for you.

Of course, the roots of Nanoha are also found in a hentai VN, though thankfully she doesn't have any h-scenes (practically a marvel, since she's the main character's little sister), and the Nanohaverse is apparently officially crossed over with the Nasuverse, origin of Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime, both also originally hentai VNs. (Forthcoming in ViVid is a crossover with Fate Kaleid Liner whateveritis, which is an in-universe parody of Fate/Stay Night with more than a few references to Nanoha.)

OY. /facepalm Just when You thought Otaku's could'nt get any weirder.

The stupid,it hurts.

I wonder how he was with pillow talk on the wedding night?

*facepalm*

I want equal marriage rights for homosexual couples now.
Whenever I hear "sanctity of marriage," dropped at my feet, I am going to link to this artical.
EVERY time!

Galad:

RicoADF:
what I wanna know is how this guy gets around copyright/trademarks. After all the character would be a TM of the company, and by marrying it hes saying that its his....
That aside, thats just strange, idk how some people survive as long as they do.

I suppose that if any execs of the company that owns the copyright to the character got wind of this news, first thing they'd LOL hard and/or stare dumb-founded, then shake their head disappointed at the guy. In other words, the thought of suing him would only be laughing material for them.

I'm not very familiar with copyrights in general, but can they still sue him without him making money in any way from this pillow wedding nonsense?

Yes you can, depending on what conditions you set when you release the material (eg: freeware/open source no, but a commercial product hell yes)

Hahahhahahhaaaahahahahhhaaaaahahahaaa

That is all I have to say about that.

and people are still pissed about gay marriage and this is happenin

"One has to wonder how long the happy groom will remain happy for - after all, judging by the popular opinion expressed in fanart and fanfiction, his new bride is a total lesbian. On the other hand, it's not like he has to worry about a pillowcase cheating on him, unless you count what happens when he puts her in the washing machine with his other body pillows."

Hilarious. If they invent realistic sex-bots, there should be a "love me" button or something that cuts out the bot's passive aggressive limiters. The future's equivalent of smacking your woman over the head with a club and dragging her off.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67218)