Ubisoft DRM Authentication Servers Go Down

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Ubisoft DRM Authentication Servers Go Down

Ubisoft's new DRM scheme is already causing problems, as the servers required to authenticate games went down today.

When Ubisoft announced its new DRM system, that required PC gamers to be connected to the Ubisoft servers at all times while playing, one of the biggest concerns that gamers had is what would happen if the servers went down.

Well, as it turns out, when the Ubioft severs go down, no one can play their games and Ubisoft customers get very upset. At around 8am GMT, people began to complain in the Assassin's Creed 2 forum that they couldn't access the Ubisoft servers and were unable to play their games. Fast forward ten hours and it seems that the problem still hasn't been resolved, despite the assurances from a Ubisoft representative that the servers were 'constantly monitored'

"I don't have any clear information on what the issue is ... but clearly the extended downtime and lengthy login issues are unacceptable, particularly as I've been told these servers are constantly monitored," said 'Ubi.Vigil', adding, "I'll do what I can to get more information on what the issue is here first thing tomorrow and push for a resolution and assurance this won't happen in the future."

It's unclear whether this is a worldwide problem, or just a European one, but gamers are understandably frustrated. This is a disaster that everyone saw coming, but probably didn't expect to see quite so soon.

(Thanks to Xanthious for the tip)

Wow.. i wonder if they will just call this stupid DRM scheme a flop and move on to something that may actually do more than just annoy their customers.

I doubt it though.

All I can say is this:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
HA!

*ahem*

Hopefully Ubisoft realises what a stupid system this is and drops it.

Hahahaha! That'll teach 'em... or not. Probably not. They'll never learn.

Ah well, at least it gave me a laugh. Hopefully this will teach people not to buy games with crappy DRM in them.

I smell more DRM hate! And a Shamus Young rant!

May I be the first to call `sabotage'? This all seems a little too convenient...

GAH! FUCKING HELL!

How can anyone, in the entire world, be this stupid?!

This company has the most unreliable servers in the entire gaming industry, and then makes you connect to them all the time?!

It boggles the mind.

At first I thought it was just them being arrogant, but now I'm convinced that the entire Ubisoft decision making staff were dropped as babies.

AHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

I knew it! I fucking knew it!

Idiots.

Petition here: http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?ew15dl94&1

And so it begins....
I hope it completely cocks up and Ubisoft learn their lesson.

And the first nail in the coffin for this mistake on Ubisoft's part

So not only has AC2 already been cracked, but the DRM servers that let paying customers play the game are also down.

Well done Ubisoft. You sure showed those pirates not to mess with you.

First the PS3, now the PC.

Now we just have to wait for every 360 in the world to stop working and the circle is complete!

...oh wait.

Irridium:
All I can say is this:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
HA!

*ahem*

Hopefully Ubisoft realises what a stupid system this is and drops it.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Yarrr, they be wishin' to plunder the seven seas now I bet ye.

Burst6:
Wow.. i wonder if they will just call this stupid DRM scheme a flop and move on to something that may actually do more than just annoy their customers.

I doubt it though.

Yeah I reckon aye. Damn DRM always screws shit up, I dont know why they do it.

Not only is it stopping pirating, but it's also stopping paying customers from playing their game. Oh wait, wasn't this the one that was hacked? So it's not even stopping pirating. It's only purpose is being a pain in the ass.

Good job, Ubisoft. Good job.

Hubilub:

Not at all! My pirated version works perfectly!

Ok Ubisoft, it's been only one week and you've had both games using the new scheme cracked before launch date and then your servers went down. Please, before you embarrass yourself any further, just stop. It's ok to admit a mistake.

O well that's great to know, I've got AC2 coming tomorrow.

Another day of Battlefield me thinks.

Why is it that everything Ubisoft (and EA... OH! And Activison) touches dies?

This DRM is actually the gift that keeps on giving. After getting so pissed off that AC2, my most anticipated game of the year had essentially been canceled in my eyes due to this horrible idea, I get to watch it continuously backfire and give Ubi a big fat "We told you so."
I'm still mad about not being able to play it, but you know what, I've been wanting a PS3 anyways.

Karma, guys.
You had this coming.
Fix it, now!

The song sabotage by the beastie boys comes to mind.

Onyx Oblivion:
I smell more DRM hate! And a Shamus Young rant!

Hmmm yes, I smell it too. I knew this would backfire, didn't think it would this soon though.

Hubilub:

Now we just have to wait for every 360 in the world to stop working and the circle is complete!

...oh wait.

Ok, that was kind of flamebaitey, but damn, it made me laugh!

*rubs hands together*

Muhahahahaha!!

Do you hear that? The sound of absolute defeat? Yeah, its for you, Ubisoft.

"And really bad eggs...Drink up me hearties YO-HO!"

Hubilub:

...oh wait.

Ohhh snap I see what you did there

OT: Ubisoft, most times with gaming companies I can see why you have done something and I usually understand so I don't call you out and insult you, I am even usually reasonable about idea's I dislike and accept the idea even if I don't like it. So you will see how much you have messed up and how much I hate your DRM system.

Ubisoft you have cocked up, you've cocked up really badly. I can honestly say I hate your DRM system more then I hate Bobby Kotick. You can shove it up your corporate arse's

Nimbus:

Hubilub:

...oh wait.

Ok, that was kind of flamebaitey, but damn, it made me laugh!

Same here, but it is true

Hubilub:

...oh wait.

First we wait for all Wii(s?) to suddenly start exploding.

Gee, I didn't see that coming...
/sarcasm

Also, I'd like to aim a big, fat "I told you so" at those who thought this DRM was no big deal. And mark my words, worse is yet to come.

In an MMO, we would be given free day(s) to make up for something like this. What can Ubisoft offer? Thats why this fails.

Rex Dark:

Hubilub:

...oh wait.

My Wii is going to explode!?

But... But I don't even have a child yet.

Rex Dark:

*snicker* Maybe I just have a dirty mind, but...

OT: Seriously, this shit is hilarious.

EDIT: Ahhhh, ninja'd ;_;

It's just a little bit embarassing at this point.

Meanwhile, pirates (I assume) get to play their cracked version without issue. Nice job Ubisoft, really.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here