Professor X Gets Steampunk Wheelchair

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Professor X Gets Steampunk Wheelchair

A steampunk wheelchair is cool enough on its own, so how about Professor X's steampunk wheelchair?

Professor X's wheelchair didn't do very much when it was first conceived, but later became a hovering, futuristic device. Daniel Valdez imagined what it would look like in a steampunk universe, and made his ideas a reality as well.

He took a late 19th century reupholstered rocking chair and put it on a power wheelchair base. Everything was modified and decorated with objects such as pistons from a 1930s ironworks. A custom audio system was put into the chair that includes speakers and a subwoofer, which emit different sounds depending on whether the chair is idle, turning, breaking, and so forth. I also love the multi-colored battery indicator, and while watching the video my reaction literally was "Holy sh*t, it smokes," as smoke came out of a pipe in the back.

The best part of the set-up, however, is the vodka-cranberry mix encased in the bubbling tubes attached to the back of the wheelchair that can be dispensed through the front. It even has an ice tank to keep it cold. This concoction would apparently be distributed to the steampunk X-Men when not on an important mission. I knew Professor X liked to be the life of the party, but I didn't know he liked to get his drink on so much that he had to affix a bar to his wheelchair.

The drink dispensary sort of takes the project away from the "realism" of what it should be in my mind, but I suppose there must be a dimension where Professor X can't go a minute without a vodka-cran. Perhaps Tony Stark and Professor X are two peas in a pod in the land of steampunk.

(Via: BoingBoing)

if I ever lose the use of my legs, I would want something like this to get me about.

Or just get me plastered.

Can you imagine driving that whilst pissed?

I can't think of anything that could make me happier.

Unless it involves boobies.

Didn't someone make a whole bunch of steampunk X-Men costumes (including a Prof. X chair)? I'm going to have to google it because I seem to remember Wolverine looked hilarious.

Hehe, found it. The chair isn't as impressive though.

First Prof. X's chair gets a drink dispenser. What happens next? Cyclops gets beer-goggles?

Huh... the controls reminded me of H.G. Well's "Time Machine".

Steampunk is so unappealing to look at, but a lot of work must have gone into it so I think that's cool.

OH HELL YES!

I'd prefer just a regular Prof X chair.

They see me rolling...

Nothing says "nerd" like steampunk.

Nothing says "nerd we want to hang out with" like working a booze-dispenser into your hobby.

...though even without the booze I'd hang out with this guy, but then I like steampunk.

Oh god remind me to make sure my uncle never sees this, he lost the use of his legs many years ago while serving in the ADF, and he's a big uber geek, as big as me, and he'd so badger me to help him make one of these.

it is pretty neat i will admit and if i ever need a wheelchair alright!

He actually used a ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY year old rocking chair?

wtf? how stupid is this idiot? He couldve made it out of regular wood, restored the 150 year old one and sold it for a fortune to a collector><

Outlaw Torn:
Didn't someone make a whole bunch of steampunk X-Men costumes (including a Prof. X chair)? I'm going to have to google it because I seem to remember Wolverine looked hilarious.

That's the same chair, and its user! LOL
Love the sound effects, would give quite the atmosphere to whenever the Prof came into a room. Especially a classroom.

Can someone tell me why this is popular? I have still yet to grasp the concept of why its popular. I see it and think nifty. Then i think even if i had Billions of Dollars i wouldn't pay a penny for something looking like that.

Onyx Oblivion:

I'd prefer the use of my legs.

Actually, it's kind of cool but what would you do with that? Seems like a lot of work.

Fuck me, DO WANT DO WANT.

Awesome!

I vote for this to be his new chair! For it is full of epic and win!

Hubilub:
First Prof. X's chair gets a drink dispenser. What happens next? Cyclops gets beer-goggles?

LOLOLOL Epic post

I bet Tony Stark would love to have drink with Professor X

Onyx Oblivion:

They be hating

...it has peanut butter shielding; it can shoot slices of lime or olives using this or that button...

I bet if you gave a newly-paraplegic man one of these, he would be a little more able to cope with his new lifestyle. Unfortunately, alcohol is not the best way to cope with a crisis.

So he copied the wheelchair from Wild Wild West. Big fucking woohoo.

Somebody put Sir Patrick Stewart on this, NOW!

Hey! That compass on the front is the same on that's sitting on my desk!

What's with geeks and everything needed to dispense some sort of liquor, anyways?

I'll admit that it looks cool and a lot of time looks like it went into it, but I still am not really impressed with SteamPunk.

My god if they ever made a comic where iron man and prof x just got drunk, I would die a happy man.

Hubilub:

- Cyclops, covering fire!
- I'm on it! *click*
BOOOM
- Where's my covering fire?
- Beuaarrrggghhh HICK!

ForgottenPr0digy:

Hubilub:

LOLOLOL Epic post

I bet Tony Stark would love to have drink with Professor X

Onyx Oblivion:

They be hating

I fixed the link for you because you probably just posted the wrong one.

Epic chair, i want that if i ever lose my legs or the use of them.

I piss on vodka though so get me one with whiskey instead.

jasoncyrus:

wtf? how stupid is this idiot? He couldve made it out of regular wood, restored the 150 year old one and sold it for a fortune to a collector><

Until ten years from now when he sells it for a small nation. Calls it Genosha.
pulls up anchor and hauls ass away from flames

SteamPunk is so freakin' awesome! :D

Hubilub:

Cyclops is in the Marvel Universe when even huge green women are strangely attractive. Why for would he need beer goggles?

samsonguy920:

Outlaw Torn:

That's the same chair, and its user! LOL

I was referring to the steampunk Wolverine claws. Sure, they don't spurt alcoholic joy for the masses. But you could stab open beer cans with them.

well...

it haves its faults, not everything looked AMAZING!!, didnt liked that opening the console showed all those wires (i mean, with this things what matters is DETAIL, perhaps tubes inside the console??)

the levels look like plastic and im sure id he had made them from copper and wood they would look much better

mmm... it still lacks some details, but still, nice job!

Captain Blackout:

jasoncyrus:

Until ten years from now when he sells it for a small nation. Calls it Genosha.
pulls up anchor and hauls ass away from flames

Lol, have to admit, that one made me laugh ;)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here