Rumor: Killzone 3 Takes On Gears 3 Next April

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Rumor: Killzone 3 Takes On Gears 3 Next April

If Gears of War 3 is in fact going to hit shelves April 2011, that's one volley that isn't going unanswered by Sony: Gears 3 may be met head-to-head by the next Killzone.

Earlier today, we learned that Epic may be working to prepare Gears of War 3 for a launch in April 2011. Now, another rumor has hit the internet courtesy of our colleagues at 1UP, claiming that Sony's next AAA FPS Killzone 2 will also see a release next April.

If true, this would make for a very interesting April '11: Gears is arguably second only to Halo in terms of Xbox 360 exclusive franchises, whereas Killzone 2 was heralded as one of the landmark PS3 titles when it launched in early February (before everyone promptly forgot about it a month later). And while Killzone 3 wouldn't have the prominence of, say, today's God of War III, it would be quite the spectacle to see how Microsoft and Sony sniped at each others' AAA releases.

The hypothetical reasoning for an April Gears 3 launch (as we've heard) is that Microsoft wouldn't want to step on the toes of Natal and Halo: Reach - but would Sony delay Killzone 3 to miss the holiday season?

It is going to be a fun time to be a gamer as I see.
Awesome.

Is going to be a very exciting year for gaming.

OT: The only reason Gears is second to Halo is because Halo is unfortunatly bigger than God.

Still hyping up the console war? Yawn. Get over it.

Now this is much more interesting than Gears Of War 3, but whats left for Killzone now...to kill off another main character and replace him with another rookie?

May though who hast thy ChainSaw Rocket Launcher reign in victorious.

Still loved the Killzone 2 multi-player.

We'll see what happens. Gears 2 had a surprising awesome single-player.

Here is a question that may sound a bit out of context but really isn't. Does anyone know how well 2010 sales have been? Since it seemed like everyone delayed all their AAA titles til the beginning of the year instead of flooding the market at X-Mas. So did it work?

Meh, Killzone 2 was pretty bland in my opinion. I wont be looking forward to another sequel in the slightest

Awesome!!! I hope that all of this is true, because I loved both of those games. =)

I still don't see why everyone loves Killzone so much. It's just so...bland. Sure the graphics are good but they're wasted on dark and boring environments, and I HATE that shaky cam thing they do.

If Gears 3 comes out next year, my life will be complete. At least I'll have something to play until doomsday in 2012. This should also be an interesting time for PS3/360 faboys. A war of the fanboys?

I honestly was hugely disappointed with Killzone 2's campaign it was completely dull while GOW2 campaign was extremely fun and it wasn't repetitive.

The competitiveness should be good for the games. I'm personally supporting Gears (I'm an Xbox owner), but both games will be pretty good.

I enjoyed Killzone 2 to an extent, and I certainly wouldn't mind another one. Can't wait to hear more.

Gears of War 3 vs. Killzone 3 in the Battle of the Brownest.

As long as the campaign is epic, the co-op is as fun, and Horde still exists, I will love Gears 3 so much.

Don't care for multiplayer in either, though.

tk1989:
Meh, Killzone 2 was pretty bland in my opinion. I wont be looking forward to another sequel in the slightest

My thoughts exactly. It looked absolutely phenomenal but the gameplay was a whole load of average.

Im not really planning t get either but will be interested to see how many freiking disks they have got to by next year, seems even ps3 is going to start doubling soon, unless they get more layers out soon, and that means like 8 dvds, its come like full circle to the time of, please insert disk B to view the cutscene on 1990s computer games.

Gears will be fun but I couldn't even force myself through Killzone 2, I got 3/4ths of the way through and quit I just hated it. Hopefully this time through it'll be different, but I just despised Killzone 2.

Journeythroughhell:
It is going to be a fun time to be a gamer as I see.
Awesome.

Defi9netly! Head on head competition! Nothing gets another moving better than a little friendly competition, heh

Killzone 3? ...Maybe Guerrilla will take the incredible technology that powered Killzone 2 and use it for FUTURISTIC WEAPONS and VARIED ENVIRONMENTS for a change. (Also, Killzone 2 was really good. I liked it a lot.)

ohh right, Reach this fall, that explains the whole (potential) April (versus say..November) launch of Gears 3

mmm i cant really see where killzone 3 could go i mean yes (SPOILER not that you care) is that the continue with the ending with the death of radic and vesarie(?) and bring in a new power or like multiple factions of helgast or some sort of civil war

John Funk:
Killzone 2 was heralded as one of the landmark PS3 titles when it launched in early February (before everyone promptly forgot about it a month later).

Haha, pretty much this. I don't think Gears of War 3 has anything to worry about.

Yeah Kz3 is gonna get destroyed but this is gonna be one of the new releases i'm gonna get on the release day. Its not fanboyism its supporting my console.

So Britsh Space Nazis contend with Sterioids of War.

It will be an interesting fight.

tk1989:

I also felt that way about Killzone 2. The controls were simple and gameplay flowed, but I just didn't feel it.

OT: I'm excited for Gears 3. Yum yum shooty time plus lots of happy gore spinkled with Cole Train.
I hope they make Gears 3's multiplayer better this time around. I'll take Gears1's multiplayer and Gears 2's action packed fun campaign please.

SO corridor shooter vrs wannabe corridor shooter?
Why do these things sell so well.......OOHHH SHINY!!!!!!!........(why do I post these ina...OOHHH SHINY!!!!.............)

OOOOO SHINY!!!!!!!

sooooo basically PS3 and 360 will be getting exactly the same game, but with different perspectives?

Hurray! Finally first-party titles are going multiplatform too! (sort of)

Can't wait for the massive console war that this will bring. I Certainly love those!

I've been waiting for Gears 3 though so I'm pretty excited for that.

I seem to be in the minority, in that I loved Killzone 2. Am looking forward to the sequel.

Killzone had great multiplayer, but story wise it failed me. I doubt I'll buy it on launch.

gameplay and cinematic wise Killzone is a far superior game. Gears takes every space marine sterotype and puts them into one game while killzone actually has a deeper story of whats right and wrong.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here