Game Lawyer Calls Bobby Kotick "Emperor Palpatine"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

BlueTomfoolery:
So in the Star-Wars analogy, who are we?

The poor sobs who have to accompany Skywalker and crew on a suicide mission. We know we'r gona get screwed, we just don't know HOW and WHEN.

Again, you're all talk, but no action. Stop buying, playing and talking about Activision games, people (this doesn't apply to journalists). Only that way Kotick will go.

My God...

That is the best lawyer ever.

Period.

This guy is one of my favorite people right now. Awesome. Kotick is to gaming what Stalin was to the USSR- not their leader, their tyrant. All he wants to do is make money. He doesn't care about "the consumer." Can we stop buying Activision published games? Can we stop playing WORLD OF FUCKING WARCRAFT?!?!?

LOL lawyer picks on an easy target. fuck I wish someone would pick on miyamato like they do bobby kotick, he aint that bad

Pull your head out of your ass, cowboy up, you are the fucking evil Emperor. Just be who you are and stop trying to pretend like you're one of us. Number 1.

And number 2, all you have is money. You sell games. We got the fucking games, and you got shit without us. So pony up and back your talent, and treat them right. If you won't do it, somebody else will, and then they're going to replace you and your big company.

So, yeah, this guy makes some good points from where I'm standing.

I like his style.

This guy is a lawyer in the same sense that Judge John Deed is a judge.

That said, Bobby Kotick is one of the worst things to happen to gaming in, like, ever.

AHAHAA!!!..

...Fuck yeah

4fromK:
LOL lawyer picks on an easy target. fuck I wish someone would pick on miyamato like they do bobby kotick, he aint that bad

Your comparing this guy:

To this guy:

Edit: Also, if a lawyer is calling you evil you know you've hit rock bottom.

Why would someone take offense to an insult that was made in the form of a Star Wars reference?
That just seems petty to me.

BlueTomfoolery:

Not sure but odds are the Jedi are going to feel what ever happens to us

Money can't be underestimated. Developers usually want to pay for their own living, and it's unfortunately people like Kotick who make it possible.
Still, like people have said, best we can now is stop buying from them, and do what we can to support IW's lawsuit.

somekindarobot:

BlueTomfoolery:

The good people of Alderaan perhaps?

Yeah...about that...when can I get my body back?

kilevvri1:
Well I have been saying this for a while, I even made a pic a few weeks back!

Amazing. Welcome to the Escapist.

It would have been nice if he said something like "You contribute less to the industry than my dog's shit contributes to my lawn."

Kotic has only recently popped up on my radar and from all the things I'm hearing, he sounds like a greedy asshole. I will do what I can to boycott Activision games... unfortunately they have their grubby hands in everything.

I don't get why everyone gets all up in bobby koticks shit. sure, he is just a "corporate overlord", but, so is every one at the head of every game company.
personally, I think the guy is kinda endearing, especially the more recent shit thats been going on.

what exactly has he done to warrant this hate? other than some out of context quotes, I mean.

EDIT:

Bob_Bobbington:

4fromK:
pictures snipped

yeah, if we are comparing miyamoto to kotick; why don't we compare their companies, because thats basically what it comes down to:
nintendo is a sloppy old whore that used to make great, engaging, original games, and now just retreads old ground, and is also responsible for the wii, an abomination. Activision company that is seeming to learn from its mistakes: less GH games this year etc, and that has lately seemed to be at least trying to explore new ground with games like mirrors edge and dead space (the former more than the latter). yet, because the current generation of gamers were breastfed by nintendo, they are given accolades, and activision has unreasonable hate thrust apon it (note: I don't love activision, I don't even like them that much, they just haven't been killing my close family members, as they apparently have been doing to the majority of gaming enthusiasts)

kilevvri1:
Well I have been saying this for a while, I even made a pic a few weeks back!

Hahahaha yes! I was hoping to find a picture like this when I opened the thread.

bismarck55:

somekindarobot:

BlueTomfoolery:

The good people of Alderaan perhaps?

No, we're the stormtroopers who gave him his empire. think about it.

But the storm-troopers are like zombies!

We're not zombies...

Taking the fun out of making games eh?

Game development is working over time, for modest wages, by dedicated people. Kill the motivation and the final product is garantueed to be shit.

In any business, killing morale on the work floor the most redarded thing any manager could do. In a creative line of work it is lethal.

Sounds like activision is wrecking for the short term then, cashing in on past titles with uninspired sequels for one last time before they go out of business.

There should be a community boycott of Activision Blizzard.
Though i find it unlikely since every World of Warcraft player I know is willing to roll over and take it like a bitch.

4fromk - Mirror's Edge and Dead Space were produced by EA, not Activision.

And by the way, Nintendo don't tread half as much old ground as some people say they do. How different was Mario 64 from Mario 3 ? How different was Galaxy from Sunshine ?

... Stop grouping Blizzard with Activision. All they share is a logo, a marketing department, and stock. Blizzard still develops and publishes it's own games with no influence from Activision. I know you tried introducing your girlfriend to WoW to get her to warm up with the fact you play games and that she ended up running off with a 42 year old guy from Switzerland but you can't really blame WoW for that can you? Don't be like these guys:

Also, first post ever.

BlueTomfoolery:

We're the rebels of course!

jackanderson:
Hells yeah!

Wait. A lawyer... talking sense about videogames... in this day and age? Never!

Love the Palpatine jab. I reeeeally despise Kotick after Infinity-Ward-Gate. If this guy doesn't like videogames, get the fuck out of the industry!

Jack Thompson set a realllly bad precedent. Couldn't care less about Kotick as he's as bad as litigant West and Zampella. That "bifurcating" remark kind of sums it up perfectly. They bifurcated themselves out of my money and their jobs. :)

As for that "boycott" photo, still makes me lift my palm like pillar to face. Bunch of damn idiots.

well its up to Ben and Luke (West and Zampella) to win the lawsuit and get Kotick kicked out.

4fromK:
I don't get why everyone gets all up in bobby koticks shit. sure, he is just a "corporate overlord", but, so is every one at the head of every game company.
personally, I think the guy is kinda endearing, especially the more recent shit thats been going on.

what exactly has he done to warrant this hate? other than some out of context quotes, I mean.

EDIT:

Bob_Bobbington:

4fromK:
pictures snipped

yeah, if we are comparing miyamoto to kotick; why don't we compare their companies, because thats basically what it comes down to:
nintendo is a sloppy old whore that used to make great, engaging, original games, and now just retreads old ground, and is also responsible for the wii, an abomination. Activision company that is seeming to learn from its mistakes: less GH games this year etc, and that has lately seemed to be at least trying to explore new ground with games like mirrors edge and dead space (the former more than the latter). yet, because the current generation of gamers were breastfed by nintendo, they are given accolades, and activision has unreasonable hate thrust apon it (note: I don't love activision, I don't even like them that much, they just haven't been killing my close family members, as they apparently have been doing to the majority of gaming enthusiasts)

Whoa there pardner...

Mirror's Edge and Dice are EA. Same with Dead Space. The Guitar Hero is the very fact that the company that made the controllers was split up by Kotick. He doesn't care about the games he makes. Merely the money that they bring in.

I dunno he seems more like Guado (or whatever alien had Anakin as a slave) than Palpatine, Atkinson is far more like Palpatine.

About time somebody put Kotick in his place. What a wonderful ribbing! Now get that pompous prick out of the way so we can have more good games and less regurgitated money-making shit.

Well, Palpatine was smart at least, if a bit insidious (I think I misspelled that).
Kotick is... stupid. Or crazy with money. Or maybe a main villain, yet to be defeated.

Preach it brother! PREACH!

Seriously, I've never liked the smug bastard Kotick. He's a parasitic leech on the games industry. I understand that the buisiness world is never 'nice', but Kotick pins the needle on the "Evil Douche-Nugget-O-Meter". I'm sick of Kotick and his shit, and I'm glad someone gave a shout out on it.

Seriously, that guy deserves all the bad thing that come to him, he killed the entire music game genre with his guitar hero spam, and now he's going to try and do the same to the fps genre with the CoD franchise.

Can Bobby Kotick use force lightning? I think not.

Kotick's business plan:
1) Pump out sequel after sequel year after year of the exact same game
2) Fire my best developers
3) Treat the remaining developers like shit

So, for the short term this is going to work. The mass influx of games every year is going to sell. Then, once the word "Activision" equates to "shit" no one is going to buy your games anymore. Developers are going to leave your company and gamers are going to hate you.

Things might be good now, but he's heading straight for a crash course. 5 years max until Activision is in trouble. I call it right now, 5 years.

At least Palpatine was fun to watch. "POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or