Microsoft Accidentally Unveils Gears of War 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I can't remember if I finished GoW2 or not, it was pretty "meh" as I remember it, far too generi to leave any lasting effect. I'll probably get my hands on GoW3, but it's not on any notable list... (e.g. Halo Reach, PoP Forgotten Sands, etc.).

Onyx Oblivion:
I was hoping for another fall release.

*sigh*

It doesn't make sense for them to go up against Reach

aaronmcc:

Onyx Oblivion:

*sigh*

A war between CoD7, Reach, and Gears 3 would be epic...

In other news teenage and pre-teen girls start watching Jimmy Fallon.

Nevertheless, yay Gears 3!

Onyx Oblivion:

aaronmcc:

Onyx Oblivion:

*sigh*

Yeah but both Reach and Gears are part Microsoft Studios releases, and most people don't like Treyarch as much as Infinity Ward so....

aaronmcc:

Onyx Oblivion:

aaronmcc:

Onyx Oblivion:

*sigh*

Yeah but both Reach and Gears are part Microsoft Studios releases, and most people don't like Treyarch as much as Infinity Ward so....

Didn't stop WaW sales much...

Korten12:

Treblaine:

Catkid906:
Unless you release 2 and 3 for PC, I don't want to hear it...

Calumon: Meanies. Jack liked the first one...

Cliffy: "Microsoft want us to appease the fanboys I mean meau meau meaaauugh, piracy cutting into our sales on PC!"

Logic: but if you don't release it at all on PC then you can GUARANTEE that you won't have any PC sales...

Cliffy: "but it'll be so badass..."

People: we want mouse aim damn it!

eh.. I wish it came out on pc, but third person shooters do tend to work better with controllers.

Au Contraire, Max Payne?

For Tomb Raider games I love having mouse aim, I find it so natural to glance around with the mouse, and I use a joystick in my left hand for movement, so analogue all around.

Not interested unless they make a PC version... and as they just blew PC gamers off last time by not releasing Gears 2 on the PC I don't expect it to happen. Shame because I enjoyed the original, as ultimately bland as it was it was pretty damn fun and had some good set-pieces.

I don't think this has suprised anyone though, we all knew a sequal was comming

Are poorly kept secrets another sign of Microsoft's weakening grasp on the videogame industry?

Oh.

SNAP!

Someone's getting fired from Microsoft right now I bet...

YAY! Gears 3!!!

I love the series, but I really want some changes to the franchise... Mainly multiplayer and the controls.

Multiplayer = Crap
Controls = Big Crap

Microsoft accidentally reveals what everyone pretty much saw coming, film at 11

SaintWaldo:
Are poorly kept secrets another sign of Microsoft's weakening grasp on the videogame industry?

If this were true then Sony has not only lost its grip but has fallen into a bottomless chasm from how they haven't kept a secret in the last 3 years.

Happy side: Yeah, Gears 3 is now on the calender!
Sad side: Motherf*****! We have to wait til April 2011?!?! Son of a Bitch! >:(

JEBWrench:
I was hoping for a new Jazz Jackrabbit. :(

Cowabungaa:
A new Jazz Jackrabbit?! That'd be AWESOOOOME!!! Do keep it 2D though, don't go the Sonic route.

Oh...yeah, Gears of War 3. Not really a surprise now is there? Shame I can't play it though, as my 360 died. Well, not that I'll really miss out gameplay-wise. Gears of War was pretty nice the first 2 games, but I had my fill of the gameplay. Like with Halo.

Hooooly shit! Epic Games made Jazz! :O I did NOT know that! Shame they didn't continue making awesome 2D games :( Haha what a delightful surprise :)

Am I the only one who notices that every single major video game announcement in the past year or two has been made "accidentally."

I'm starting to question it. Either they're doing this on purpose, or they have the single most incompetent promotions departments known to man.

does anyone care about Gears III? Wasnt the II one enough? ugh. Some new IP would be good for a change.

Maybe Cliffy B. should have brought a gun with him after all. He could have removed that irritant that is Justin Beiber.

well, now I have one more reason to hate Justin "Never-gonna-get-any" Bieber(or Beaver if you hear is name wrong the first time). I liked the series, sure it was nothing new, but it was fun to play with a friend. and thanks for spoiling it, I hadn't looked at my Xbox yesterday.

Seems like Microsoft does this quite often. FF 13 and I know their was one more, but I can't thik of it right now

Gears has flaws which also gives it's 'charm' for me, you learn to live and adapt to it.

However, NEXT YEAR APRIL? Good god man, I cannot wait THAT long..Well I can obviously but still, fix that Host CliffyB!

They better announce Unreal 4. Because it seems like they completely forgot about Unreal when they launched Gears of War. Sure there was Unreal Tournament 3, but there was barely any support for it. And they advertised on the box "FROM THE PEOPLE WHO BROUGHT YOU GEARS OF WAR".

Well it'll be interesting to see what they do, whether it be announce it again on monday pretending the leaked ad didn't happen, admit to the slip up, or surprise us. Either way I don't have a 360, but I like to keep up to date.

"accident"? Microsoft in rare move of compassion saves anyone interested in gears three from having to watch Jimmy Fallon. Who wants to watch Jimmy Fallon?
Edit: What I mean is that I think that whoever made this "mistake" has a dislike for the show.

These things seem to happen with such predictable regularity, that I can't help but throw up giant finger air quotes when reading 'Accidentally.'

Bleszinski can just chainsaw Bieber lol

anyway, can't wait for Gears 3
hopefully it stays fresh, my friend I played Gears 2 to death (well not quite, we still haven't beaten it all on Insane just yet)

Catkid906:

From what I hear, they're worse than useless on the PC. A friend of mine bought it was HATED it because of the controls D: Then he promptly rented it, stole my xbox for a week and played it :P

Radelaide:

Catkid906:

From what I hear, they're worse than useless on the PC. A friend of mine bought it was HATED it because of the controls D: Then he promptly rented it, stole my xbox for a week and played it :P

Controls are awesome, System Requirements are steep though, and the Digital Certificate Bullshit was annoying...

Calumon: I'm glad I wasn't there when that happened... >.<

Catkid906:

Radelaide:

Catkid906:

Controls are awesome, System Requirements are steep though, and the Digital Certificate Bullshit was annoying...

Calumon: I'm glad I wasn't there when that happened... >.<

When Jack starts again, you can come stay with me, Calumon. I've taken a liking to you :)

D_987:

The DSM:
Oh no, a sequel everyone knew was going to happen is happening, its the end of the world!

Really, who didnt see this coming?

I dont even care, the series is pretty meh to be honest.

Oh no, a comment everyone knew was going to happen occurred, it's the end of the world!

Really, who didn't see something as idiotic as the above coming?

I don't even care, the comment is pretty meh to be honest.

Why bother posting if all it's going to be is pointless sarcasm and cynicism with no real point or discussion value?

OT: I look forward to it; I kinda already guessed what was occurring but the details announced by EDGE such as possible underwater sections, jungle areas and a new enemy that can stop you from staying in cover sound very intriguing.

Because everybody knew this was coming. Seriously. I'm glad you demonstrated your superior intelligence by trolling the guy though. Real nice of you.

OT: We all saw this coming, except from that little Justin Bieber girl stealing his spot, that really sucks. I hate that woman.

dogstile:
...by trolling the guy though. Real nice of you.

Eh, your opinion on my internet comment means so little to me I'm only replying to point out how hypocritical you're being.

By claiming I am trolling you're in fact trolling me (in that you're baselessly (not a word but you should know what I mean) insulting me) - real nice of you. Yes everyone saw it coming, but a post such as that I quoted was not needed, had no relevance to anything and was posted in a sarcastic tone.

OT: We all saw this coming, except from that little Justin Bieber girl stealing his spot, that really sucks. I hate that woman.

And now you're trolling any Justin Bieber fans that may be posting on The Escapist - real nice of you.

I'll actually be looking forward to the story in this one, as Dom can shut the fuck up about his lost wife, and will more than likely be hell-bent on revenge.

What the hell is happening on that screenshot?

Either I'm going blind, or that image is damn near monochrome.

Gears is the best shooter on the 360. End of.

Don't care, never cared, but we all saw it coming.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here