Holy Crap, It's a 7-Foot Optimus Prime Balloon Sculpture

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Holy Crap, It's a 7-Foot Optimus Prime Balloon Sculpture

Seriously, it's Optimus Prime, seven feet tall and made out of balloons. Just click the link. And brace yourself.

A YouTube user by the name of HappyCabbie has created a sculpture of Optimus Prime, the heroic leader of the Autobots, entirely out of balloons. And this isn't just some cheap Transformers version of a twisted-up wiener dog; this free-standing monstrosity is seven feet tall, more than five feet wide and has fully rotating shoulders and hands that can actually hold weapons.

I've spent ten minutes trying to get my head around this thing and I just can't do it. It's absolutely awesome, yes, but also incredibly bizarre. What the hell would drive a guy to spend 28 hours of his life doing this, anyway? "Hey baby, I'm going to take a few days off to build a towering cartoon robot out of balloons." Wait, what?

Whatever dark forces have possessed this man, my hat is off to his talent and dedication. I am impressed.

via: Geekosystem

The next time I see a clown im asking for a Master Chief. Now I know hes lieing when he says its not possible

HOLY FUCK.

Man, I need to learn some ballooning O.o

edit: it just occurred to me, if he had made it using helium... :P

I liked the orriginal title better.

But seriously, HOLY CRAP!!!
I wish I had one of those for my 7th birthday back when I got my first transformer.

I wanna run up to that with a sewing pin...

hee hee hee hee...

TAKE THAT OPTOMUS PRIME! THE DECEPTICONS SHALL RULE SUPREME! MWUAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA DOWN WITH THE AUTO BOTS! *breaks into a euphoric seizure*

Andy Chalk:

What the hell would drive a guy to spend 28 hours of his life doing this, anyway? "Hey baby, I'm going to take a few days off to build a towering cartoon robot out of balloons." Wait, what?

I actually kind of doubt that someone who would build a 7 foot tall Optimus Prime balloon animal has a girlfriend. So at least he doesn't need to worry about explaining it to anyone!

That happens to be a friend of mine from YT. He also did a Megatron one earlier.

Holy crap indeed.

Of course this means means I can't use "You fail me yet again, StarScream" but it's a cool thing so I don't mind.

This is truly an impressive display of Ballonsmanship. That guy has got talent.

Anyone else feeling the temptation to pop that thing? :3

Yeah. That's great.

Now, let's see it transform into a balloon vehicle.

This is what happens when you have too much free time... It's awesome thought and I give him credit for doing that.

One shall stand, one shall pop.

This guy has my respect, for making a balloon optimus prime is awesome but the version he made is my favorite

Yet another thing to add to my list of "sh*t that demonstrates the individual needs to get out and grab a beer."

Holy crap, that guy is wearing suspenders.

wow...his chin is drawn on with pen

That guy is awesome, and his suspenders add to that.

Seriously though, thats pretty impressive.

28 hours seems pretty short...

It's cooler than a Michael Bay transformer.

Like, if the actual balloon Prime was in the movies, it'd still be cooler.

I remember seeing other balloon creations by that guy on youtube a few years in the past.

I guess he's improved quite well since then, hehe.

Pretty cool sculpture... Although I think it'd be cool to see it pop =p

Oh yeah! I remember what that guy did. Last time he made a balloon Wolverine... It might have been some time around when the movie was released.

Woah, that right there is pretty awesome(ly nerdy - but in a good way).

Thats quite impressive! Quite a skill!

hehe, go to parties making that and you would be very poplular XD

Damn that takes some massive free time and dedication to the craft. I salute this man..now if he made Unicron or Galvatron i'd be even more amazed.

Makes for a good chat-up line in a bar.

This gets the Root

Larry King's Love Child gets the Geek Tip of the Hat for that unsettling act of fandom!

That is epic, but the real question is can it transform?

SomeBritishDude:
Yeah. That's great.

Thats the first thing I thought too. I would love to see one that could transform.

thats pretty awesome shame if that got popped. it would be cool if it transformed too but from the look of it, it would break trying.

SomeBritishDude:
Yeah. That's great.

That would be pretty sweet! I think it's impressive that it stands on its own, but if he was going to be that ambitious, he should have made it able to transform into the semi.

Also, I've gotta say: It's not a SCULPTURE, it's a STATUE. And yes, I know "sculpture" is part to the definition of "statue" but it's totally not the same thing! Rock you sculpt, balloons you blow up. If you try to sculpt a balloon, it's going to pop or be uninflatable.

Weird... I just started watching Armada again today after roughly 6 years, and then this thread pops up. Heh. ^^

that is so fucking metal

This man may very well be the last chance at humanity's redemption. I applaud his magnificence.

Holy... Shit...

Words fail me...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook