Thief's Master Plan Foiled by Spider-Man, Jedi Knights

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Thief's Master Plan Foiled by Spider-Man, Jedi Knights

The worst thing a thief can face in a comic book store is something that it's full of: superheroes.

When a thief entered Comic Centre in Adelaide, Australia on Free Comic Book Day this past Saturday, he didn't expect to have his dastardly plot foiled by masked heroes. This is exactly what happened to him as he attempted to steal a book valued at $150.

Michael Baulderstone, 45, owns the comic store and was dressed up as Spider-Man for the event. He caught the thief red-handed and attempted to get the book back. To help out, two Jedi Knights and someone dressed as the Flash blocked off the entrance to prevent the thief from leaving.

"The thief didn't have much of a choice but to hand the book back after a little bit of a scuffle," Baulderstone told reporters. 40 comic book fans were in the store, and comic fans can be quite protective of what they love, so it obviously wasn't the best place for a heist. The thief was probably taking Free Comic Book Day too literally, as the occasion doesn't mean you can just walk into a store and take whatever you want.

It's likely going to be pretty embarrassing for the thief to explain to his cell-mates how he got caught. "No, seriously, Spider-Man caught me in his webbing! And Jedi Knights used the force to hold the door closed! I had no choice but to give up!" And then he'll probably get shanked. Don't steal comics kids.

Source: Telegraph

This restores my faith in humanity xD

See everyone! Costumed heros can exist in this world!

ROFL. I love you Goldman, you have the best news stories.

My God that was amazing. I don't know what to say for that. *Retweets so that the peers on Twitter can decide instead*

Oh man... Just when you think you seen it all...

That's just fucking hardcore.

I wish there was a security tape of this we coudl watch...

Bet that's going to lead to some awkward coversations.

"So, Who busted you?"

"Spider Man, The Flash, and two Jedi's"

"Shiiiiit Bitch!"

Actually, this just proves one thing: Don't fuck with comic book nerds.

those jedi's should have force choke that bitch for stealing comic books

ooooh, busted.

Yeah, just remember how protective Chuck got of JLH's comic book.

Also, what a story to tell your kids.

"Yeah, i got caught by Spiderman and two Jedi's"

ya!! no ones messes with Spiderman!

Hopefully he'll get fry grease dumped on him by Walter Kovacs. That would be the best possible ending to this story.
Free comic day was fun even if they did completely run out of freebies by the time I got there.

Nothing like that happened at my local comic store on Free Comic day but I'll be damned if it wasn't awesome. Free Comic book day on my birthday? Hell yes.

if anyone wants to see the whole video, it actually is pretty much lame. So watch if you like being bored and having your dreams of a magical world crushed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SneK7Y7Sl7Q&feature=player_embedded

The title was awesome, and the story lived up to it. Thanks, Tom!

He was lucky Hit-Girl wasn't one of those superheroes.

Citrus Insanity:

"So how'd you lose your leg?"

"An 11 year-old girl chopped it off"

This is hilarious! Don't mess with comic book nerds. It will bite you in the ass!

damn that's pretty cool.

lmao, that is hilarious! Who says Hereos dont exist! :D

Adelaide has got some... characters... in it.

I'm surprised they didn't mention Spiderman's hobby: murdering Backpackers on the weekends.

Best news story ever! I wish i was there. I realy do!

deadman91:
Adelaide has got some... characters... in it.

I'm surprised they didn't mention Spiderman's hobby: murdering Backpackers on the weekends.

Oh, how original. Because no one ever gets murdered in Sydney... NSW may have 5 times more people than SA, but it has 7 times the murder rate.

But on topic: I heard about the story later that day, but I sadly opted to go to Adelaide's other main comic book store for free comic book day, and missed out on witnessing the scene first-hand.

*clap* *clap*

Crazy comic book fans save the day! Oh the sweet delicious irony!

JUSTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

If only more thefts ended like this.

This story is just.... pure awesomeness...... Think of it! It was The Flash, Spider-Man, Jedi Knights... All it's missing is Superman & Wonder Woman!! Seriously! =D

Must... re... tweet...

Citrus Insanity:

Damn ninjas!

This made my day, and it's only 8:30am. I think it's going to be a good day :)

I wish I'd been there, with a camera.

likalaruku:

i was in the shop next door when it happened- saw them all crowded around the entrance, wondered wtf was going on

ForgottenPr0digy:
those jedi's

Sir Kemper:
two Jedi's

One Jedi, the Jedi, two Jedi, many Jedi.

No such thing as Jedis. And using apostrophes to pluralize words is just grammatical failure. >_>

I find this rather amusing.

"I swear guys, spiderman webbed me! The jedi were all around me and were on me in a flash! Oh yeah, he was there too".

Archer147:

likalaruku:

i was in the shop next door when it happened- saw them all crowded around the entrance, wondered wtf was going on

yeah same. It was pretty damn confusing.
It made the national news in Australia, and think it was all because he was dressed as Spiderman

Just your Friendly Neighbourhood Comic Shop Owner!

This may sound stupid, but... does 'Free Comic Day' actually mean something totally different? Maybe the thief was just as confused by the name as I am.

Well that's a pretty epic crime foul-up!

This guy has to be embarrased. Intimidated, manhandled, and restrained by a bunch of fancy dressed nerds. Grow a pair mate, your gonna need 'em if you end up in jail.

I KNOW THAT STORE! I use to go in there quite often.

Spiderman...Spiderman...Foiling crimes with Jedi, yeah.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here