iPad Gets Modded Into a High Tech Skateboard

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

iPad Gets Modded Into a High Tech Skateboard

A couple of skaters found that the iPad has more functions than Apple let on: it also doubles as a skateboard.

Smashing new technology outside of a Best Buy and videotaping it for YouTube has become so passé. The new way to abuse tech like the iPad is to absurdly turn it into something like a skateboard, which is exactly what pro skater Chad Knight and Fuel TV host Jeff King did.

They weren't easy on Apple's newest baby either. Holes were drilled, screws were implanted, and the iPad's screen broke the first time Knight stepped on it. Go figure.

Believe it or not, the iPad doesn't work very well as a skateboard due to its small size, but Knight and King were able to drop into a ramp successfully at least once. To add insult to injury, the iPad was then turned into a ramp extension - the "iExtension" - and demolished even more. Knight did spare Apple fanboys the anguish of watching it get completely stomped at the end, at least. These two fellows have found a much better way to annoy people that wait in line for hours to be the first to get Apple products or other technology, and at least they're doing it in the name of science.

Via: technabob

now that was an interesting thing to watch, but why did all that smoke come out when they drilled into it?

The answer is that Apple is planning on detonating these all at one and filling the earth's atmosphere with toxic gas

O.O My soul just died watching something so awesomely expensive defiled so much...

Why? WHY?

Calumon: It's just like Will It Blend... but more torturous! Nice video though.

"Worst 500 dollar ramp extension I've ever used"

That had me laughing. Top work on this mentlegen.

Hahaha turning the ipad into a skateboard is the last thing id ever expect to see someone do. God damn it makes me cringe though because i really want one and they have enough money to buy and destroy one so easily.

I can see app designers trying something like this though....

Haha, I laughed when the disclaimer siad 'may make nerds cry'

This made me laugh hard, nice video!

Jack and Calumon:
O.O My soul just died watching something so awesomely expensive defiled so much...

Why? WHY?

It's not torturous unless you actually think that the iPad is good.

That was some pretty skilled riding... on a pretty expensive board.

As silly as it is to use the thing as skateboard...
i have yet to discover what the iPad is actually meant for.

Can someone enlighten me?

ramox:

The newest, high-tech body-armor for third world countries. For when a Life Jacket just doesn't cut it.

iKevlar/Pad

Very funny, not the worst waste of $500 ever but close

Ah - an iPad put to good use.

Luckily for you, Microsoft's items don't need to be abused to be useful.

YOU HEAR THAT JOBS, HUH? HUH?

JimmyBassatti:

ramox:

The newest, high-tech body-armor for third world countries. For when a Life Jacket just doesn't cut it.

iKevlar/Pad

Thank you, now i understand the ridiculous price point of this...thing, sorta.

Only question remaining, what does a body armor need a hi-def touchscreen for?

ramox:

JimmyBassatti:

ramox:

iKevlar/Pad

It's an Ipod with a bigger screen, for those with enormous pockets, and too much money.

I feel like I'm repeating myself here, but...

Skating: Yet another thing you can use an iPad for, but which other products can do far better and cheaper! The list keeps on growing.

Jack and Calumon:

Why? WHY?

My heart sank as I watched..such a shame ;-:

ramox:

JimmyBassatti:

ramox:

iKevlar/Pad

I think the real question is why doesn't your body armor have a hi-def touchscreen.

I was expecting to see a skateboard with a touch screen, but destroying the iPad is much more amusing >:D

The first useful application of the iPad I've seen.

Haha i think this what it was meant for! awesome video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl28d6tbko
blendtec version. don't breath this.

ramox:

JimmyBassatti:

ramox:

iKevlar/Pad

Easier for military personnel then, while in combat just use twitter to realy orders and while waiting out an enemey bombing, they just sit down and relax watching a movie on the iPad.

On a different note: I was laughing through this whole thing, very good use of an iPad xD

Well, it took a while, but humanity has just found a purpose for the iPad. Good job, Jobs.

Ipad: you're doing it wrong

Dear gods, why do people waste cash like this? Give it to people who need it instead...like me for all these expensive visa forms and travel expenses><

The Rockerfly:
Ipad: you're doing it wrong

YOU! MAKE A DEMOTIVATIONAL OUT OF IT! NAOW!

OT: I'm still laughing, that was awesome!

neoman10:
now that was an interesting thing to watch, but why did all that smoke come out when they drilled into it?

That is the magic blue smoke that makes all electronics work. You noticed that the screen was on up to the point that they let the smoke out.

What you thought they ran one electricity? No, it's magic. You can't even hold it. It's just there in the air. Pure motherfucking magic Right? This shit'll blow your fucking mind.

Oh ICP could you go anymore crazy? I wouldn't have through so, but Miracles proved me wrong.

Haha, some one send this video to Steve Jobs! :D

I'm struggling to work out whether that was an "iPad win" or "iPad fail"...

What an expensive skateboard. Oh well, people will do whatever they want with their money I suppose...

Best session on an Ipad evarrr.

I knew it! it is officially useless at Everything! :D

Wow, as far as that kind of popculture TV skater show stuff goes that was pretty funny.

iSkate...worst 500$ skateboard I've seen :D

I was already laughing when I was watching the video, but the reactions that some of the comments are making me laugh even more.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here