These Are the Actual Pokemon Black & White Starters

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

These Are the Actual Pokemon Black & White Starters

Those guesses about what the new Black & White starting Pokemon would look like? They were wrong - mostly.

Earlier this week, we caught a glimpse of the new Pokemon Black & White starting 'mons in silhouette form. Naturally, this inspired more than a few people to take a crack at imagining what they'd look like in full color.

Now, with leaks from Japanese gaming mag CoroCoro, we know what they actually look like, and you can see them here to the right. My guess was spot-on about the thin bipedal one being a Grass-type (kinda resembles Treecko, don'tcha think?) but it looks like I got the other two switched: We have a Fire piggy with rabbit ears, and a Water-type... okay, I don't actually know what that is. It's it's holding a seashell, it has a beaver tail and webbed feet (so kinda like an otter then?), but it almost looks like a perpetually sad panda in a way, don't you think?

Their Japanese names are reportedly Tsutaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru respectively, though it's no question that when the games get localized they'll be given pun-tastic American names. If the Fire-type piglet doesn't get called "Baykon" or something like that, I'm going to be disappointed.

Tsutaja, Pokabu and Mijumaru are the new starters in the brand-new Isshu Region of the Pokemon world, but they'll need a human partner. As it turned out, the new player characters also made an appearance in Corocoro - and they're apparently older than the main characters in any prior generation:

This is to say, we might not be playing a 10-year-old this time around, but potentially someone at the ripe, wizened old age of fifteen. Which is admittedly a start - baby steps here, people. Baby steps.

I usually go with the Grass or Water types, but I have to say - that Fire-type piggy is all kinds of adorable. It's also the least weird of the lot.

(Via Serebii. Thanks, FROGGEman2!)

And I thought Platinum had bad starter pokemon...

Shame on me for actually getting my hopes up about the Pokemon design.

Oh, and the guy is now androgynous. Yaaay... Bleh

*blinks*

Those are the ugliest pokemon i have EVER seen, just look at that damn water pokemon. Seriously what the hell is that?

They are just getting more and more crazy...

...Just wow, they are so freaky!

Hubilub:

If you don't like a giant spiked turtle with a land mass on its back, a huge steel penguin, or a kung-fu monkey, I question your judgment.

I said they were running out of ideas for new Pokemon a long time ago and you all laughed at me! All of you!

John Funk:

Hubilub:

If you don't like a giant spiked turtle with a land mass on its back.

That sounds like a mix between Blastoise and the fully evolved Grass type starter Pokemon from Gold/Silver.

I like the piggy, i bet his third evolutions like some kind of beastly wild boar.

John Funk:

Hubilub:

If you don't like a giant spiked turtle with a land mass on its back, a huge steel penguin, or a kung-fu monkey, I question your judgment.

Isn't it more of a tortoise? I mean, it's a grass pokemon after all, so it can't be an animal who prefers to hang out at sea.

Hubilub:

The 4th Gen starters were actually pretty good. At least I think so.

Those... things on the other hand, are disgusting. Only the grass one looks ok to me. Unless the water starter evolves into something awesome, I'm going to be breaking my trend of always choosing water.

MUST they make the fire starter silly again? I mean, let's look here:
Fire Lizard (Damn cool)
Fire Echidna (I think(Also pretty cool))
Fire Chicken (Huh... Well, it ends UP pretty awesome)
Fire Monkey (Uhm-)
Fire Pig (...)

Icecoldcynic:
I like the piggy, i bet his third evolutions like some kind of beastly wild boar.

Grass guy seems appealing in a strange way... I guess... Resisting disappointment...

well I'm looking forward to seeing the evoloved forms of fire pigglet, sad panda and grass liziardy thing.

Icecoldcynic:

That would be sick

At least I know which starter I'm picking lets go grass, but the thing is I never pick grass the only reason for this one is because it looks the coolest.

Only one that really appealed to me is the grass type. I cant wait to see tis final form! Dont really care for the fire pig, but depending on what exaclt water is, kinda want.

I actually Really kinda like the Grass guy...
The fire ones not to bad...
But that water guy is retarded....

I am very disappointed by these last two generations of Pokemon design. I overlooked last generation, as it brought great gameplay changes, but I don't see 5th gen bringing the same types of improvements.

Legion:
I said they were running out of ideas for new Pokemon a long time ago and you all laughed at me! All of you!

John Funk:

Hubilub:

If you don't like a giant spiked turtle with a land mass on its back.

That sounds like a mix between Blastoise and the fully evolved Grass type starter Pokemon from Gold/Silver.

Well, it's better then I thought, of course that fake really, really lowered my expectations. I dunno. The Water one better turn into something cool, because right now it looks like someone jammed a snowball onto a bag of blue Play-Doh. The Grass one looks like Treecko and Kecleon had a baby, and the Fire one......I'll admit, I had the lowest expectations for the pig thing after the first article, but that....I could play that, when it's not got that human anime face on it, which I'm hoping the in game sprites don't have.

To be honest they're not that bad but they're by no means amazing.

Ugh. I pray, I really do, that that Japanese mag fucked up and those aren't genuine, because Christ are they ugly. They are seriously running out of ideas. Those are some of the ugliest Pokemon I've ever seen, and that is saying something. I'd even prefer Bidoof to that blue . . . something-thing (I don't even know what it's supposed to resemble!).

Hubilub:

John Funk:

Hubilub:

Isn't it more of a tortoise? I mean, it's a grass pokemon after all, so it can't be an animal who prefers to hang out at sea.

Bah, semantics. :P

Wow, I might just jump on the "new generations are bad" bandwagon. I hate otters and I hate pigs. Well, the pig doesn't look that bad, but I can see where it's going:
Kick ass, but I'm am NOT a boar fan.

Grass-type looks cool though, and I like the Zoroarks.

Mister Benoit:

Icecoldcynic:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/b/bc/435Skuntank.png/200px-435Skuntank.png

>.> They've already been down that road.

Grass guy seems appealing in a strange way... I guess... Resisting disappointment...

...Dude. Skuntank is a skunk.

At least the trainers look better than their Diamond/Pearl/Platinum counterparts...

MrLS:
*blinks*

Those are the ugliest pokemon i have EVER seen, just look at that damn water pokemon. Seriously what the hell is that?

Your nightmares, only more pixel-y.

oppp7:
Wow, I might just jump on the "new generations are bad" bandwagon. I hate otters and I hate pigs. Well, the pig doesn't look that bad, but I can see where it's going:

"Fire Pig, Fire Pig, does whatever a Fire Pig does.
Can he swing from a web? No he can't; he's a pig.
Look out, it's the Fire Pig."

...sorry, but SOMEONE had to make that joke. :-P

... Huh. The fire piggy has a weird charm about it. In the end, though, I'll most likely end up going with the grass type, as I've done with every single Pokémon game to date.

Unless its evolved forms are totally kickass, I don't see that water starter getting a big fanclub.

Glad those previous ones weren't the real new starters.
They didn't look good at all.

...Eugh. History is repeating itself! I always go grass (because I love grass) but it looks like it's gonna be Chikorita all over again!!

Little dinosaur with a bulb on its back = MINT.
Some kind of brotosaur with a leaf on it's head (and crap evolutions) = not so good...
Little stoned Gecko with a marujuana leaf for a tail = MINT.
And to top it off... A TURTLE with a TREE on it's back!! = FUCKING MINT!!

But that...? What is that?

I'm going to cry. I've been sticking up for all of the new pokémon generations but this, this is just. *sobs*

Ah...
Uh....
Really Nintendo? Really? Good lord, this may be the first time that I'm actually going to pick a grass starter instead of the others.

If I still played pokemon, I'd pick the Water starter.

Because it's a fucking *otter*, the most awesome of all water mammals.

Im not going to hate to hate on them until I play with them. I seriously hated gen 4 when I first started playing it, so much in fact that I sold my game and didnt use my ds for months. My friends started playing some older games just for the hell of it and I gor platinum and it blew me away. empoleon is the perfect match gor my already badass swampert.

Oh god, the horror! There may be some redeeming qualities with the grass and water types (especially because there may be potential with their evolutions), but that water type is just plain horrible.

Compared to Pokemon Quartz, those things are downright adorable...

Grass types are usually my least favourite pokemon, but if I pick up this one (which I doubt) I'll have to take the lizard thing. Simply because least strange.

I'm guessing the water type is some sort of mix between an otter and a beaver. I haven't been keeping up, has that been done yet?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here