Fake Yoyo Master Trolls News Stations

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Fake Yoyo Master Trolls News Stations

Kenny "K-Strass" Strasser has been making the rounds as a self-proclaimed yoyo professional, but he's actually just the best troll ever.

The fluff story on the morning news at Channel 7 starts out normal enough: The newscaster introduces K-Strass as a yoyo expert with a mission to teach schoolchildren about the environment. After a few minutes of particularly awkward small talk, K-Strass is given the floor to show off his yoyo-ing prowess. And that's when things take a turn for the awesome. K-Strass wildly spins 7 yoyos and 1 string (the plastic bit fell off mid-trick) over his head like a helicopter, gets dizzy, and then promptly falls down.

It's really difficult to capture just how hilarious this is in words, so I'll just show you a video. For comparison - this is what a professional yoyo champion should look like:

And this is K-Strass:

I assume you can see the difference.

Even more peculiar: Nobody seems to know who this guy is. After being properly trolled by K-Strass, news station Channel 7 took it upon itself to conduct a not-so-hard-hitting investigative report on him. He's pulled similar routines on 4 other stations and claims to be represented by Zim-Zam, a fictional toy company that supposedly hired K-Strass for his zany humor and yoyo-ing credentials. Channel 7 reporters traced the number K-Strass gave them to Joe Pickett, the guy in charge of the "Found Footage Festival," a website showcasing odd and hilarious footage found on the web. When questioned about the connection, Zim-Zam representatives claimed Pickett was an old college friend whose phone number they were using.

Is he for real or just an incognito comedian? I think the best explanation I've heard so far is from a CityPages blog, which dubbed him "The Yo-Yo Borat," though I think I'll just call him the Faux-yo.

Source: The Week

This just in, Upon looking threw the news tape's after Mr.K-Strass had left, the New's Staff realized that all tapes had been replaced with Rick Ahstley's "Never Gonna Give You Up"

A connection has yet to be made as the police investigate.

He may not be a great yo-yoer, but he's good at something...can't put my finger on what it is, though.

Wow this k strass guy makes people just starting to yo-yo look like pros

Oh yeah, I've seen this on the 360 dashboard were it occasionally plays random clips.

I love how he tangles the yo-yos, pauses and then keeps spinning them anyway.

K-Strass Copter "chugchugchugchugchugchugchugchugchugchug"

That's absolutely hilarious. How the hell didn't they notice he's trolling them?

Also, is the music in the first video from one of the OPs or EDs of Bleach? It seem familiar... It's probably sad that I recognize it...

Hmmmm...

As a juggler (and yo-yo's do count as juggling, believe it or not... even though I don't do yo-yo :P), that top guy aint actually the most impressive person I've ever seen with the yo-yo...

Nevertheless, this is pretty funny XD

edit: re-reading this, this makes me look like an arrogant bastard... Don't get me wrong, that dude is pretty damned good and a helluva lot better than I'll ever be... its just that I've utterly spoilt myself with awesome performers, some stuff doesn't make such an impression on me anymore :P

Sir Kemper:
This just in, Upon looking threw the news tape's after Mr.K-Strass had left, the New's Staff realized that all tapes had been replaced with Rick Ahstley's "Never Gonna Give You Up"

He has also replaced the pictures in the building with what the internet refers to as a "troll face".

More on this at eleven.

He's just pointing out how stupid these News stations are. He's proving that if someone wanted to, they could get on TV without having any talent or skill at all. God bless him in all his endeavors.

wow, pro troll is pro

i hope he gets to as many news stations as he can before they catch on

i want to see more of his amazing tricks :D

This just in K-Strass turns out to be a giant broom stick with robot arms wearing a flesh suit. For more details you can check it out online.

I feel like he's trying to express a statement or something..

gigastrike:
He may not be a great yo-yoer, but he's good at something...can't put my finger on what it is, though.

Trolling? Bullshitting? Both?

Ah well, at least he gave it a go, and never ended up like a Korean StarCraft player.

Sir Kemper:

He has also replaced the pictures in the building with what the internet refers to as a "troll face".

More on this at eleven.[/quote]

I was mildly entertained by the story. You two have caused my laptop to become sticky without all the fun that precedes the usual case of a laptop getting sticky. My sprite will never recover.

Edit: quoting button madness has led to posting failure. ;_;

Aby_Z:
That's absolutely hilarious. How the hell didn't they notice he's trolling them?

Also, is the music in the first video from one of the OPs or EDs of Bleach? It seem familiar... It's probably sad that I recognize it...

yea its Rolling star
5th season opening to bleach

direkiller:

Aby_Z:

yea its Rolling star
5th season opening to bleach

I knew it!

Well, thanks for that info; It wont be bothering me anymore. Now I have to figure out if my recognition skills are for the best or not.

God that was funny.

He's awesome.
I don't know why and I don't care.
He just is.

This fake K-Strass deserves a few internets for trolling a TV station like that.

Trolled hard.

No seriously, they got trolled pretty dang hard.

The sad part is he's actually still more talented at yo-yo than some of the people our local news profiles with their "talent".

Did he troll 24-hour news networks? Those are the easiest because live broadcast NEEDS preparation. It is amazing the amount of fail you can find on 24 hour news, literally no fact checking, the idea that it's better to just get the information out as soon as possible rather than when you actually know something.

Speaking as an actual yoyoer, that was pathetic, I've been to several comps (never competed). Although it's bringing us attention.

I bet he has very supple wrists.

Aside from that being one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen... all I can say is:

I hope he does more, and I hope it leads to something... like.. you know... news stations actually making sure they have a story...
He is truly a great man for doing what he does.

I loved how you can just make out someone who works at the station whispering 'What is this guy doing?' once or twice.

wow that first vid was amazing but .... that other guy fails in comparison to a five year old holding a yo-yo

Great use of a Bleach Opening for the real video.

Like the Bleach OP on the yo-yo pro.

K-Strass... he has balls, i'll give him that.

Trolling on here, bad.
Trolling on TV, bloody brilliant.

I did need a good chuckle right about now, so this was good.

Wait... does this count as feeding a Troll?

I love how the guy keeps saying "Zip Zap" when right on K's shirt it says "Zim Zam". Was K being trolled back?

This guy was probably inspired by the Danny McBride Conan O'Brien interview that was stealth promoting his film Foot Fist Way.

Oh good God, that was awkward.

The Lawn:
Aside from that being one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen... all I can say is:

I hope he does more, and I hope it leads to something... like.. you know... news stations actually making sure they have a story...
He is truly a great man for doing what he does.

hahaha this video you posted is pretty awesome xD

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or