Test Your Mario Knowledge!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Test Your Mario Knowledge!

To celebrate the release of Super Mario Galaxy 2, we're throwing a Mario Party here at Chez Escape, and you know what that means: It's quiz time!

This isn't just any old quiz, though. For something this special, not only did we supersize the quiz to a whopping 20 questions, but we're also doing something brand new. You'll get a badge for completing it, but your score will determine what badge you get. You only get one shot at a badge, so be careful! Unless, of course, you actually want to be a goomba. (Hey, we don't judge.)

As usual, you can take as long as you like on the quiz, and take it as many times as you like, but the score you get the first time you finish the quiz is what will determine the badge you receive.

Ready? Then let's-a go! (Take the Quiz)

For more Mario fun, be sure to check out our Mario Party!

Lol at first I was like "Oh Yeah Mario bring it on!"

And then the first question was about the movie.

:(

*closes window*

Nice quiz. I really liked that one. Although one of the questions is a little misleading I'll PM you with the issue.

70%... Not bad, considering I haven't played any Mario games since the SNES era apart from Superstar Saga.

Deofuta:

*closes window*

Well, it is ALL things Mario. But there's only one movie question. Suck it up, sunshine. :)

55% isn't too shabby, considering I have played only Super Mario Bros. Deluxe on the Game Boy Colour.

Calumon: Your a fanboy!

Susan Arendt:

Deofuta:

*closes window*

Well, it is ALL things Mario. But there's only one movie question. Suck it up, sunshine. :)

It's not that I didn't understand why it was in the quiz, but I just simply have NO IDEA as to the answer. It demotivated me in the extreme :)

Curses! 95% I would have gotten 100 but the not allowing you to fly question was misleading!

Not to bad if i do say so my self :D:D Ranked 8th so far!

100% with 19 questions answered...hmm. I'm not sure how that works. However, I'm apparently a bigger Mario nerd than I thought, even though I never really played Bros. 2 or 3, or even Super Mario 64 that much.

LeonLethality:
Curses! 95% I would have gotten 100 but the not allowing you to fly question was misleading!

I wasn't too happy about this question either. Great quiz though.

Plinglebob:

LeonLethality:

Yep, you're both right. It has since been change to avoid the issue.

LeonLethality:

Exactly what happened to me. Sigh!

Phew! That was a though one!! I had some trouble with the "no fly" question, but apparently, I'm too late for the "whine" party... =D Great quiz, and thanks for treating us on a Friday!
I don't see my badge though... *scratches head in puzzlement*

Susan Arendt:

Plinglebob:

LeonLethality:

Do we get another shot at the 100% badge then or is it too late?

LeonLethality:

Susan Arendt:

Plinglebob:

LeonLethality:

Well, the badge for 20 right and 19 right is the same badge, so if that's the only one you got wrong, you're still ok.

Wow... That was hard. Much like the older mario games...
Well, I fluked through some of the questions, including the movie one!

Susan Arendt:

LeonLethality:

Susan Arendt:

Plinglebob:

LeonLethality:

Well, the badge for 20 right and 19 right is the same badge, so if that's the only one you got wrong, you're still ok.

Huzzah! That's great news! Thanks.

The internet isn't in the USA, so unless you are intentionally trying to alienate readers from every other country in the world, you should refrain from phrasing questions like the one in the image below.

Are these badges temporary? It's just, I'm positive I can ace the quiz so I wouldn't mind deliberately jeopardising my own score to get a cooler badge :)

Nivag the Owl:
Are these badges temporary? It's just, I'm positive I can ace the quiz so I wouldn't mind deliberately jeopardising my own score to get a cooler badge :)

All of the badges are permanent; none of them are temporary.

Cyanide:

Nivag the Owl:

All of the badges are permanent; none of them are temporary.

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know. Also, will the scoring be based on 0-9%, 10-19%, etc?

Only 40%...I feel shamed lol

I've finished the quiz, but I'm not really sure wht I'm supposed to do next. What's with the "Copy to Clipboard" buttons? Are those the only way to get my badge?

18 out of 20 in...

40:32. In my defence, I had to go then kind of forgot about it.

90%. And all I got wrong was the bullet bill's brother and the theme song of the Super Mario Bros Super show.

19/20... bahh.

I got 95%, but for some reason my badge isn't showing up.

21st place! Oh my god on on the top 25! woot. Whoooooooooooooooooooooo!

Okay, enogth of that. I couldn't tell you who Mario's voice actor is or what dance game he camioed in but I knew most of the rest of em.

Bah. I knew my hatred of every Mario game that wasn't an RPG would bite me in the ass.

70%.

hurricanejbb:
I got 95%, but for some reason my badge isn't showing up.

Our badges only update once a day, I think. Be patient, it'll arrive. :)

95%, pretty good although not wanting to sound smug, I thought I'd ace it. The only question I got wrong, surprisingly, was the first Yoshi appearance.

That Tanooki question really threw me for a loop. This is what I get for not playing SMB3. Ah well, yay 100%.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I got 19/20 out of twenty.....

Oh well.

A few had me completely STUMPED.
But i was surprised at how much i remembered about Mario.

He must of been a bigger part of my childhood than i thought....

It was a great and fun quiz!

I got the first Yoshi game question wrong the first try, but I got 100% on my second one. I knew I should have gone with my instinct. I would have been in the top 15. lol

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here