Fan Creates Charming TARDIS Map

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Fan Creates Charming TARDIS Map

We know it has swimming pools and huge wardrobes, but what else does the TARDIS contain?

If there's one thing that everyone knows about the TARDIS, it's that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. But beyond a few glimpses, we never really get a sense of exactly how much bigger it is, and chances are we never will.

That hasn't stopped one Doctor Who fan from mapping out their own vision of what the TARDIS might be like. Physicsii has put together a 17 page map, showing the incredible vastness of the TARDIS. It feels like something the Doctor has put together over the years, as it's not all that precise and more than a little scatter-brained.

It is utterly charming however, and you can see the full set here

Source: io9

Awesome, I wonder how long that took him to draw and collect data for said drawings?

Also inb4 the forums biggest doctor who fan :D

dududf:
Awesome, I wonder how long that took him to draw and collect data for said drawings?

Who, me? Haha, just kidding. Or am I... ;)

Anyhow, this is pretty damn awesome, I wonder how canonical it'll be considered though?

Wow. That's just amazing.

No other word for it really.

dududf:

This too :D

we don't have dr.who in holland so i really lack your interest.

everyone seems to love it though.

That's incredible...ly sad

Kudos to that guy

EDIT: Having looked at it all, I can say that I'm not actually that impressed. He's just stuck a bunch of words onto random things. THis in no way correlates to anything (I'm not suggesting that things like a TORUS or a country might not exist in such a fictional and impossible thing as a TARDIS, but it's not even ANYTHING. It's just some shapes and words...nothing tangible or actually "mapped")

In b4 Root.

Looks sweet. Not sure what else to say really.

Fill me in guys:

What the hell is a TARDIS?

Straying Bullet:
Fill me in guys:

Heretic! We must burn -

Nah, I don't care that much about Dr.Who either.

Straying Bullet:
Fill me in guys:

Time And Relative Dimensions In Space

Its a time machine.

Straying Bullet:
Fill me in guys:

Stands for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. It's a time machine and a spacecraft. They're pretty high-tech, unless you're the Doctor, then it's a piece of shit that doesn't even have a proper working chameleon circuit. Hence the reason it constantly looks like a 1950s-style London police box.

I love the way how one of the places is called "Buttons that light up"

Cant really fault something with this much detail though.

For all of you, thank you for the helpful comments.

Irridium:
In b4 Root.

Hot. Brain no workee. Will squee later.

Straying Bullet:
Fill me in guys:

stopped watching Doctor Who 20 years ago, this could be a blueprint of Nakatomi plaza and I wouldn't know. I don't really understand where the renewed interest has come from I thought Who was dead.

Heh. Pretty cool. Although definitely only partial, that's about 10% of the real TARDIS. There's stuff in there even The Doctor doesn't know about.....

I thought the pictures were amazing. Brilliantly well drawn and witty. It's not so much a map of the TARDIS more a sort of map of the mindscape of the TARDIS (if you know what I mean). There are some very witty bits on those pictures such as the little marker saying "explinations may occur".
Well done to the artist, very charming indeed and above all "fantastic".
(I'd say they've inspired me to do my own bits of TARDIS mapping...)

Awesome, I love Dr. who. I wish they would do an episode (in the current series) where they get lost in the Tardis for some reason, and show us the entire ship.

Pretty cool. I really got to give this a deeper look...

rokkolpo:
we don't have dr.who in holland so i really lack your interest.

everyone seems to love it though.

I'm from Holland too, but I managed to catch a few episodes while in Britain - it's a great show. Pity they don't broadcast it here.

Now tha is unique. And epic!

You get a lot more in depth looks at the TARDIS interior and such in the old series, Castrovalva is one story that shows more rooms and hallways.

I'm surprised the new series hasn't done it yet.

Nevyrmoore:

Straying Bullet:
Fill me in guys:

Stands for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. It's a time machine and a spacecraft. They're pretty high-tech, unless you're the Doctor, then it's a piece of shit that doesn't even have a proper working chameleon circuit. Hence the reason it constantly looks like a 1950s-style London police box.

Time And Relative Dimension In Space, not Dimensions. I even had Peter Davison confirm that for me when I met him.

MrGFunk:
stopped watching Doctor Who 20 years ago, this could be a blueprint of Nakatomi plaza and I wouldn't know. I don't really understand where the renewed interest has come from I thought Who was dead.

Seems like you missed the reboot then. It's very hit and miss, so not that much has changed. The episode 'Blink' is very much worth a watch, if you've ever liked Dr Who. It's fantastic!

OT: Seems a bit random to me. Quite witty in places though.

As someone who owns Nearly every damn episode of doctor who, having spent a small fortune on the remastered dvds, and a few of the computer games, I'm quite put out by someone who I got the impression only started watching doctor who when Tennant arrived being called "the biggest doctor who fan"
I doubt I'm even the biggest fan here, but shoving it in peoples faces doesn't make you the biggest fan.

I still need to buy and read all the books and wikipedia articles before I can claim that...

(saving up for the last few james pertwee and patrick troughton dvds at the moment)

OT, the pictures aren't showing up for me... Red Xs :(

Aah that's brilliant. This is why I love The Escapist.

"Charming" is definitely the right word for this compilation. A better use of one's composition skills than yet another ad mockup.

MrGFunk:
I don't really understand where the renewed interest has come from I thought Who was dead.

He was. He regenerated. ;)

But as the heat's gone now, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE! Team Fortress map NAO! :)

Flying Dagger:

I doubt I'm even the biggest fan here,

Probably not ;)

dududf:

2nd biggest ;)

Isn't mapping the TARDIS pointless as things move around every time the thing regenerates with the doctor?

MrGFunk:

In which case you are rather unobservant.

20 years ago would be... the last year of the eighties?

in which case, yea, it was dead for about 6 years, then there was a TV-only movie which sucked for being american or something (haven't seen it) and then it was dead for 9 years, until 2005 in which christopher eccleston did 13 or so really good episodes as the doctor then david tennant took over 'til about a couple months ago when matt smith took over.

and it NEVER stopped being popular. not once. (well okay people didn't like colin bakers run as the docotr but eh whatever)

Hashime:
Awesome, I love Dr. who. I wish they would do an episode (in the current series) where they get lost in the Tardis for some reason, and show us the entire ship.

R.E.T.A.R.D.I.S.

A blooper reel excerpt from The Invasion of Time, Episode 6 showing a Sontaran chase through the interior of the Doctor's time machine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invasion_of_Time

That is undeniably awesome.

z(ombie)fan:

MrGFunk:

in which case, yea, it was dead for about 6 years, then there was a TV-only movie which sucked for being american or something (haven't seen it) and then it was dead for 9 years, until 2005 in which christopher eccleston did 13 or so really good episodes as the doctor then david tennant took over 'til about a couple months ago when matt smith took over.

and it NEVER stopped being popular. not once. (well okay people didn't like colin bakers run as the docotr but eh whatever)

I stopped with Sylvester McCoy. Don't think I'm missing much.

MrGFunk:

z(ombie)fan:

MrGFunk:

I stopped with Sylvester McCoy. Don't think I'm missing much.

Oh but you are! especially if you like horror, as thats more or less the new direction.

*remembers "blink" again and shudders*

Heh just had a look through the images and they all have the floor number labelled one is floor 809 and then on the page afterwards its floor tuesday. I like it!

Well i love it. Officially.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or